Updates

Eagle7907

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it only me or the jet feels very unstable when doing carrier landnings after this update ? :S it feels way off tbh

If anything it should feel much more stable. It has been made more direct in stick inputs, too, so I would suggest lowering your curves, if they are high. But pitch stability has been increased.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

If anything it should feel much more stable. It has been made more direct in stick inputs, too, so I would suggest lowering your curves, if they are high. But pitch stability has been increased.

I would agree with that - much more stable on approach now. The LSO is getting an awful lot of boners lately..:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try that thx :) :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :pilotfly:

Pierre Thuresson

For me it is quite the opposite. In the pattern the jet now feels very unstable. Previously it was very stable in AOA to the point that I would fly the pattern almost hands off in pitch once trimmed out. If you gave it a moment the jet had a natural tendency to return to on speed AOA with each power change. Now it seems that the jet's natural pitch response with power changes is greatly delayed. Perhaps this is what you mean with increased pitch stability. But in effect this has resulted in a big reduction of stability in AOA. I don't know it this is realistic or not, but the Tomcat became a lot more difficult to fly on speed for me.

I used to have mostly green lines in the groove, now it looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=213259&stc=1&d=1562410737

Edited by MBot

For me it is quite the opposite. In the pattern the jet now feels very unstable. Previously it was very stable in AOA to the point that I would fly the pattern almost hands off in pitch once trimmed out.

Exactly! Same here.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I used to have mostly green lines in the groove, now it looks like this:

Interesting I have the opposite, checked my latest LSO-boner landing the other day and the entire flightpath was solid green. Trust me, no one was more surprised than I. It was also a stable on-glidepath approach thou. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot button handy in my rig (how do you even screenshot in VR?)..but it would have been a nice one to keep.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just hit the print screen it screenshots the left eye view with your desktop background

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Just hit the print screen it screenshots the left eye view with your desktop background

No keyboard in reaching range of sim rig. I guess next full-green 3-wire I could extricate myself form my seat and VR headset/wires. Not worth losing a button mapping for.

It is a total PITA whenever I want to check FPS - as for some reason this is unmappable to anything else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never had it where trim did all the work for me, but the last update certainly changed two things that I've noticed:

1) I need 5-10% more RPM than I used to in the pattern. Earlier today I needed full MIL to get through the first 90 of the 180 turn, where previously with the same payload/gross weight I needed somewhere between 90-95% RPM.

2) The DLC logic has changed completely. Previously, extending/retracting DLC would cause changes only in vertical velocity, with negligible change in AoA. Currently using DLC, even just two quick taps, will cause your AoA to go down in the drink or up into the clouds.

Do ya all fly with track IR?

My traps were always in red... can align the center line with ease but not glide slope, using snap views only.....:P

Well, MBot and VampireNZ (and many others) are using VR. Almost everyone else uses some kind or head tracking - it adds greatly to the experience and realism but won't make you better pilot - only practice will. :thumbup:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2) The DLC logic has changed completely. Previously, extending/retracting DLC would cause changes only in vertical velocity, with negligible change in AoA. Currently using DLC, even just two quick taps, will cause your AoA to go down in the drink or up into the clouds.

Isn’t the new behavior realistic, though? If you’re changing your sink rate without changing speed then your AoA should change, right?

Isn’t the new behavior realistic, though? If you’re changing your sink rate without changing speed then your AoA should change, right?

I thought Victory's paper about CASE I mentioned that the DLC changes descent with minimal change in AoA, but I'd have to search my harddrive for that old paper to confirm.

I thought Victory's paper about CASE I mentioned that the DLC changes descent with minimal change in AoA, but I'd have to search my harddrive for that old paper to confirm.

I scanned through Victory's Case 1 guide and couldn't find that, so I went to the good book (NATOPS) and it's there.

EDIT: Removed a direct copy+paste. Forgot we can't reference documents newer than 1980. In any case, yeah, something is now off with Heatblur's modeling of DLC.

Edited by Chuck_Henry

Not sure but it appears that the on speed AOA is way above what Natops graphs show,

today in the Gulf clean jet at 4k fuel and a full gun OAT 25 degrees 155kts gave me on speed should have been more like 135, this may also explain your not wanting to use DLC. I had to do a speed brakes in approach in order to have sufficient excess thrust.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I had to do a speed brakes in approach in order to have sufficient excess thrust.

F-14 has speed brake always extended the whole time through approach.

Overhead pass -> Extend Hook

Brake -> Wings from 68° to Auto, extend speedbreak

Middle to end of Break -> Extend gears

End of break -> Extend Flaps

7 Seconds later (beginn of downwind)-> extend DLC and trim on speed

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

F-14 has speed brake always extended the whole time through approach.

Overhead pass -> Extend Hook

Brake -> Wings from 68° to Auto, extend speedbreak

Middle to end of Break -> Extend gears

End of break -> Extend Flaps

7 Seconds later (beginn of downwind)-> extend DLC and trim on speed

Fella did you read my post ? I know that's the normal pattern I was on a PG map it was hot and my in speed was 155 with little residual thrust speed brakes out. This means that I was almost max dry to maintain level onspeed.

With an on speed of 135 what was your weight and temp and pressure ?

GTX 1080 Has its uses

No problem ended up talking about this in 2 places I am gonna put a track together and make a new post in bugs. As others are seeing the same thing.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

No problem ended up talking about this in 2 places I am gonna put a track together and make a new post in bugs. As others are seeing the same thing.

Eh Windy- I was encountering issues very similar to what you were describing... almost in mil power on my downwind just trying to maintain between 10-15 units AOA and flying the indexer.

Unfortunately my Warthog HOTAS stick crapped the bed recently so I haven't been able to fly for awhile but with less than 5000lbs of fuel, 2 phoenix, 2 Sparrow and 2 SW for whatever reason my setups were all over the place.

I'll keep my eyes open for your posts and see if you figure it out.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Just tested with a fighter loadout (2SW+3SP+2PH+Tanks) at max trap weight (54k lbs) in hot conditions (40°C, 30.33mmHg). Took about 5500-6000 PPH to stay on AoA in the turn (25° AOB, slight descend at 200-300fpm) with plenty of thrust left. Approach speed was about 140Kts, which is about right for that weight. Your installation might be borked, try DCS repair and see if that helps.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD