Updates

Eagle7907

Hmm thanks I will try the repair 140 sounds right at that temp . My old instructor would kill you for using PPH and not N1 ( he did me on the T38 ) thanks for testing.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scanned through Victory's Case 1 guide and couldn't find that, so I went to the good book (NATOPS) and it's there.

EDIT: Removed a direct copy+paste. Forgot we can't reference documents newer than 1980. In any case, yeah, something is now off with Heatblur's modeling of DLC.

Can you give a page number or chapter/section number so I can take a look in my NATOPS?

My old instructor would kill you for using PPH and not N1

Thats interesting, because PPH is specifically mentioned as the engine parameter you want to control in Victory's landing guide. IMHO PPH is much more practical than N2 (N1 is not shown) since it is more sensitive to thrust changes than RPM. This in turn helps a lot in CV1, where I can barely make out the numbers on the tapes.

Anyway, I guess different airframes different rules

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

I posted my observations as a bug and Ironmike just came back and said that they had noticed the same thing and were investigating.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Thats interesting, because PPH is specifically mentioned as the engine parameter you want to control in Victory's landing guide. IMHO PPH is much more practical than N2 (N1 is not shown) since it is more sensitive to thrust changes than RPM. This in turn helps a lot in CV1, where I can barely make out the numbers on the tapes.

Anyway, I guess different airframes different rules

The only caveat to using Fuel Flow instead of turbine RPM to judge engine thrust is that FF will vary greatly based on pressure altitude. This doesn't matter for carrier ops since you're pretty much at sea level.

As for using N1 RPM in the T-38, well, load up the DCS F-5 and try to control the engine by just looking at FF. Damn near impossible. I don't know if that's a difference between turbofans and turbojets or what.

Nothing today. Next time.

Next time? How do you know there will be F-14 updates next time? Maybe Heatblur will skip the next DCS update as well?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi guys, our apologies that we had nothing for you today - we are aiming for the next patch.

We ran into a small last minute bug that we did not want to release as was, despite some fixes being in the pipeline. Thank you for your kind patience and understanding.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi guys, our apologies that we had nothing for you today - we are aiming for the next patch.

We ran into a small last minute bug that we did not want to release as was, despite some fixes being in the pipeline. Thank you for your kind patience and understanding.

I thought you guys normally do one update a month. So is that the case? Or did I assume incorrectly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Next time? How do you know there will be F-14 updates next time? Maybe Heatblur will skip the next DCS update as well?

See IronMike's post below yours....:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I thought you guys normally do one update a month. So is that the case? Or did I assume incorrectly?

We really have no max or minimum per month, internally we update the build up to several times a day, else we update like everyone else on schedule with DCS. That we skipped this time, was an exception, our apologies for that.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

We really have no max or minimum per month, internally we update the build up to several times a day, else we update like everyone else on schedule with DCS. That we skipped this time, was an exception, our apologies for that.

Is it possible to repair the afterburner effect through a thermal repair?

No apologies needed. I just appreciate the open communication you and Cobra have with us. That’s what is really important.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

No apologies needed. I just appreciate the open communication you and Cobra have with us. That’s what is really important.

Thank you, it is important to us, too. We really appreciate the engagement and the feedback from the community, it is incredibly helpful.

Heatblur Simulations

• 2 weeks later...

Next patch is out, but the patchnotes don't say anything about the Tomcat. Has Heatblur skipped the update again or is it just the patchnotes that are missing (if so, could you guys please provide them)?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Next patch is out, but the patchnotes don#t say anything about the Tomcat. Has Heatblur skipped the update again or is it just the patchnotes that are missing (if so, could you guys provide them)?

You read my mind. I remember IronMike saying the next patch would include the Cat. I’m confused now.

Bingo. Thanks.

Still feels not much for the cat in the recent past...

And (nearly) nothing for the Viggen...

Are you doing summer holidays? Its ok if so, but expectations are also high and I start to feel a little bit disappointed...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules