Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?

Kongamato

Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?

• I prefer that ED starts the project a new cool plane as soon as possible.
    • I prefer that ED focus on finishing the Hornet and Viper and improving older modules and DCSWorld.

Jesus . First telling ED how to run their business , and now thinks he owns these forums . No ego here !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Problem is, I don't want to ask people if they believe if ED is making efforts or not, or something like that. I want to ask what I want to ask. Again, if you want to know another thing, I suggest you to create your own poll.

A poll wether your poll is too simple? I don't need others to see that. But I'm leaving your poll here and don't disturb you anymore.

I rarely seen someone spending so much energy explaining others that a forum is not a place to express an opinion. Not even replying would have been way more efficient in my... opinion ;-)

The amount of short-sighted replies here is astonishing ...

I find interesting to see that most players would appreciate some more polishing of what we actually have in game, and I kinda feel this way too. On the other hand when I look back at the past 3 years, ED did a lot! But compared to our endless wish list, it doesn't seem much :blush:

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

They are in a difficult spot.

People working on an airplane module are maybe not even needed on working on the bugfixes you and me want them to complete. So them sitting still is useless. We simply don't know in what way or form it hurts other development.

The sim itself is free, so fixing bugs within the core game will cost them time and energy. Unlike games that come out every two years and die soon after or games that live on thanks to micro transactions they have to maintain the core game for free and earn their money a different way. They need to sell modules to keep us flying.

So I want ED to deliver us the best combat sim, in the for them as efficient as possible way without going bankrupt.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

I rarely seen someone spending so much energy explaining others that a forum is not a place to express an opinion. Not even replying would have been way more efficient in my... opinion ;-)

I concur. He's veered well off the road at this point @@ Tis a public forum, if you want a read only blog, go write one. People are allowed to disagree, abstain, comment in general. Forum nazis... there's always that one guy ;)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Jesus . First telling ED how to run their business , and now thinks he owns these forums . No ego here !

Again: this is not a debate about the ED's finances, ED's personal management, what is going to do ED with the feedback, if other customers should or should not buy products in pre-purchase, etc. It´s explained in the first post: Would you prefer ED focus in a new plane after the Viper is released, or would you prefer ED focus on finishing and polishing previous products? That´s all. If some of you want to open a debate about other subjets, it´s OK, you can open a new thread and poll.

It´s easy: if you don´t like the poll, don't vote. If you think that, as customer, your opinion is not relevant for ED, don´t opine. But don´t tell the rest of us if we can or can´t start a poll or opine.

A poll wether your poll is too simple? I don't need others to see that. But I'm leaving your poll here and don't disturb you anymore.

Again: this is not a debate about the ED's finances, ED's personal management, what is going to do ED with the feedback, if other customers should or should not buy products in pre-purchase, etc. It´s explained in the first post: Would you prefer ED focus in a new plane after the Viper is released, or would you prefer ED focus on finishing and polishing previous products? That´s all. If some of you want to open a debate about other subjets, it´s OK, you can open a new thread and poll.

It´s easy: if you don´t like the poll, don't vote. If you think that, as customer, your opinion is not relevant for ED, don´t opine. But don´t tell the rest of us if we can or can´t start a poll or opine.

They are in a difficult spot.

People working on an airplane module are maybe not even needed on working on the bugfixes you and me want them to complete. So them sitting still is useless. We simply don't know in what way or form it hurts other development.

The sim itself is free, so fixing bugs within the core game will cost them time and energy. Unlike games that come out every two years and die soon after or games that live on thanks to micro transactions they have to maintain the core game for free and earn their money a different way. They need to sell modules to keep us flying.

So I want ED to deliver us the best combat sim, in the for them as efficient as possible way without going bankrupt.

I concur. He's veered well off the road at this point @@ Tis a public forum, if you want a read only blog, go write one. People are allowed to disagree, abstain, comment in general. Forum nazis... there's always that one guy ;)

I'm not sure what your after here?

This is a debate about the ED's finances, ED's personal management.

All these departments are managed by ED to bring everything together at the end. This includes adding weather and atc to the sim. Do you want ED to pull these teams apart to work on / in different teams to hopefully get these things you want done quicker...? Let ED manage this, they have been doing it for a few years...1991. One of the only combat sim company's still around from back then.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You know you can multi-quote right?

There's no need to copy-paste the same reply 5 times.

Also, pretty poor form on a forum to try and shut people down for expressing a different opinion from the two you've thought of.

That's noise jamming ;-)

That's noise jamming ;-)

:lol:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You can keep pasting that as much as you want... you aren't a moderator or "owner" of the thread, ED is. Other than that it's an open forum and people can state the opinion they want, if you don't like a post report it and let the mods deal with it.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I'm not sure what your after here?

This is a debate about the ED's finances, ED's personal management.

All these departments are managed by ED to bring everything together at the end. This includes adding weather and atc to the sim. Do you want ED to pull these teams apart to work on / in different teams to hopefully get these things you want done quicker...? Let ED manage this, they have been doing it for a few years...1991. One of the only combat sim company's still around from back then.

That can be considerate massive SPAM.

https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en

Edited by Silver_Dragon

It's extremely impolite in a forum to bring off-topics into a topic with a question so precise. It´s OK in a forum about "general questions", but here, I´m asking people if, as customers, prefer that ED develops a new a plane in "pre purchase" soon after the Viper leaves "pre-purchase" and becomes BETA, as has happened with the Hornet and the Viper, or they prefer that ED focus on finishing and polishing older products. That´s all.

Nobody care what you, yes, you, think about the state of the finances of ED and what would happen if ED don´t release more "pre purchase" products for a while, since your are not ED´s accountant or banker, and nobody care what you think about the management of the human resources of ED because you are not the manager of the Departament of Human Resources of ED. BUT... if you want to debate about those topics, it´s totally OK, BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD. OPEN YOU OWN THREAD TO DEBATE ABOUT IT AND STOP TROLLING THIS ONE.

I don´t care what you think about this poll. If you think the question it´s not relevant or well done, is totally OK, JUST DON´T VOTE. OR OPEN YOUR OWN POLL. But, unless you are the community manager and administrator of this forum, don´t tell me if I can or can´t open this poll, AND STOP TROLLIN THIS THREAD.

I don´t care if you think that ED is not goint to do something with the information and feedback of this poll, so stop telling it to me. I don´t know either if ED is going to do something with it. It´s not up to me or you. Right now, there are about 140 votes in 3 days, and one of the choices has the 90% of them. If ED want to use that information about the preferences of the community, great. If not, well, it's up to them. Maybe an hypotetical next "pre purchase" after the Viper would sell as fresh bread, maybe woull sell less than the company would expect. Again, I´m not trying to tell ED how to run their business, with this poll. I´m just providing feedback. So STOP TELLING ME THAT I´M TELLING ED HOW TO RUN THEIR BUSINESS JUST BECAUSE I ASK WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANT, AND TROLLING THIS THREAD.

I don´t care what you think about me. If you think that i have too much ego, if you think that I don´t know how to do a poll, if I´m spending too much effort in trying to stop people posting off-topics in this thread... Stop telling me because I don´t tell you what I think about you. Just forget about this thread and poll as I do with threads or polls that I´m not interested about.

THANK A LOT TO EVERYBODY THAT HAVE VOTED IN THIS POLL, AND TO EVERYBODY THAT STAY ON-TOPIC WITH THEIR COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD.

Edited by Kongamato

That's noise jamming ;-)

:thumbup::megalol:

But seriously, it´s not noise jamming. It´s just that some people are posting the same off-topic arguments again and again and again, so I give them the same reply. Why shoul I bother in writing a new one :smilewink:

Edited by Kongamato

Its funny how public opinion changes over time, a few years ago I remember ED teasing screenshots of the WIP hornet and the masses (masses being mostly commenters on Facebook posts) wanted them to just release it in its incomplete state because they were just happy to be able to fly it bugs and lacking features and all. Now the module train is full steam and opinion has changed from wanting it as soon as possible to focusing one at a time, finishing what's been released etc. Does that mean if they were to slow down on new modules people would revert back to wanting heavily WIP because they have no new toys to play with?

Just an observation about the current results of the poll.

Its funny how public opinion changes over time, a few years ago I remember ED teasing screenshots of the WIP hornet and the masses (masses being mostly commenters on Facebook posts) wanted them to just release it in its incomplete state because they were just happy to be able to fly it bugs and lacking features and all. Now the module train is full steam and opinion has changed from wanting it as soon as possible to focusing one at a time, finishing what's been released etc. Does that mean if they were to slow down on new modules people would revert back to wanting heavily WIP because they have no new toys to play with?

And the F-16 has incoming.... Waiting tomorrow.

I also remember people being happy with the barebone release state of the f-18 because now they could "learn it, as it evolved". As if the EA programm was some sort of didactical concept to not oversaturate student pilots.

Those people were probably just a bit shortsighted...

The hype for the Viper or any other new plane can´t be as high as some years ago when the Hornet was announced. Those days the only (kind of) multirole modern plane in DCS World was the Mirage 2000, and it was an early beta. Or the ones of FC3. Righ now there are also the Harrier, the Hornet, the Tomcat... All of them probably as iconic and atractive for the customer as the Viper, or even more. And there are older planes too, as the F-5E and the Viggen... The hype can't be the same since most of the people already have in their virtual hangars several planes in the waiting list.

Edited by Kongamato