Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?

Kongamato

Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Focus in new future projects or finishing the ones already started?

• I prefer that ED starts the project a new cool plane as soon as possible.
    • I prefer that ED focus on finishing the Hornet and Viper and improving older modules and DCSWorld.

Can you at least stop using bold? This looks very aggressive... This topic could have been very interesting, you sabotaged it.

M

A guy has called me "idiot and/or dick", but I´m the aggressive one because I use bold... :huh: :lol:

The hype can't be the same since most of the people already have in their virtual hangars several planes in the waiting list.

That is oversimplification, losing the perspective and think ED community has only live to see a "multirol" aircraft's. That is not some "old" simulators, ED has open the "Pandora" box, and only need check the forum and wishlist to see the great quantity of modules claimed by as the Hind, Cobra, Phantom, Bo-105, Mirage F-1, A-7, Warbirds and more in progress

Others members claim by Apaches, Intruders, Tornados, Eurofighters, F-111s, russian / soviet modules, WW2 and Cold War fighters and bombers, at same level of a Hornet, Viper and Tomcat.

Can include in the list the "old" claimed "Tank" module, talk by Wags some years ago with a great quantity of members interested of them and now with the "carrier" module on the horizon, with can see other great quantity of member by more surface and submarine modules, and other part talking to build a First Person Shooter into DCS to complete air, land and sea battlefield.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Its funny how public opinion changes over time, a few years ago I remember ED teasing screenshots of the WIP hornet and the masses (masses being mostly commenters on Facebook posts) wanted them to just release it in its incomplete state because they were just happy to be able to fly it bugs and lacking features and all. Now the module train is full steam and opinion has changed from wanting it as soon as possible to focusing one at a time, finishing what's been released etc. Does that mean if they were to slow down on new modules people would revert back to wanting heavily WIP because they have no new toys to play with?

Just an observation about the current results of the poll.

Yeah, I think the whole EA thing is an interesting back and forth from my rather limited time here. But generally I'm pretty happy with the F18 EA thus far. Sure its missing things I want, but eventually they will get there. I've also been extremely pleased with the HB EA on the 14 which was in a pretty good place to begin with.

However, I have seen a stream of wish list stuff, going back a long time on the core engine to fix/upgrade. So I don't think thats anything new. And in terms of AI/spotting/campaign/flir/radar and I think ED should focus more there in the near future to get it up to late 1990's benchmarks :music_whistling:. In some specific areas at least.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That is oversimplification, losing the perspective and think ED community has only live to see a "multirol" aircraft's. That is not some "old" simulators, ED has open the "Pandora" box, and only need check the forum and wishlist to see the great quantity of modules claimed by as the Hind, Cobra, Phantom, Bo-105, Mirage F-1, A-7, Warbirds and more in progress

Others members claim by Apaches, Intruders, Tornados, Eurofighters, F-111s, russian / soviet modules, WW2 and Cold War fighters and bombers, at same level of a Hornet, Viper and Tomcat.

Can include in the list the "old" claimed "Tank" module, talk by Wags some years ago with a great quantity of members interested of them and now with the "carrier" module on the horizon, with can see other great quantity of member by more surface and submarine modules, and other part talking to build a First Person Shooter into DCS to complete air, land and sea battlefield.

Yeah, but is DCS really suited for alot of that? I mean driving a sub in DCS? In real time? You might spend hours and hours just crawling along to get a shot or days. I could see manning air defense stuff on a ship CA style but I bet the docs for that are hard to come by.

In terms of planes, I think the best thing ED and 3rd party devs could do is just focus on a "time period" for a while, 80's 90's whatever and just fill it out and then move from there. And honestly I don't think "modern" really cuts it given the sensitivity surrounding the modern EW battle space. I mean emission management, battlefield sensor integration and all that are probably the most sensitive parts of modern warfare and from what I see, DCS is pretty much not modeling much of anything of that at the moment. At best we are getting 2000's airframes and weapons, and using them like you would use 60's and 70's era aircraft for the most part, and really often not even that since we lack decent GCI implementations. At best we might be playing a "realistic" mud hut bombing simulator if we are being honest. Of course what the aeroquake crown doesn't know won't hurt em I guess.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, but is DCS really suited for alot of that? I mean driving a sub in DCS? In real time? You might spend hours and hours just crawling along to get a shot or days. I could see manning air defense stuff on a ship CA style but I bet the docs for that are hard to come by.

Think a little. In the "past" commanders put on command of Uboat, destroyers and others stuff to make funny the naval warfare on WW2 and modern with battles of hours and days...... and have a "big" community claiming a "reborn".

The docs has available about WW2 stuff, and about modern, can be make good "approach" (someone was maked in the past). That is only a matter of time.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I don´t care what you think about me. If you think that i have too much ego, if you think that I don´t know how to do a poll, if I´m spending too much effort in trying to stop people posting off-topics in this thread... Stop telling me because I don´t tell you what I think about you. Just forget about this thread and poll as I do with threads or polls that I´m not interested about.

Nah, I think I'll stay and make increasingly sarcastic observations about you ruining a good thing.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Nah, I think I'll stay and make increasingly sarcastic observations about you ruining a good thing.

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I do not own the Hornet. I do not own any EA or pre-purchase module. After having eagerly awaited for dcs 2.5, it's now one and a half year I'm waiting to have my a-10c and ka-50 back as they were in 1.5.8: usable. I do not care about dcs-level submarines or infantry or tanks. I have learned at my expense that hurrying for new things Is not always a good thing. Now I Just Hope this insane run to the "new" stops, and someone starts to think that the "old" must be fixed first.

Edited by nessuno0505

I do not own the Hornet. I do not own any EA or pre-purchase module. After having eagerly awaited for dcs 2.5, it's now one and a half year I'm waiting to have my a-10c and ka-50 back as they were in 1.5.8: usable. I do not care about dcs-level submarines or infantry or tanks. I have learned at my expense that hurrying for new things Is not always a good thing. Now I Just Hope this insane run to the "new" stops, and someone starts to think that the "old" must be fixed first.

A-10C and Ka-50 has flyable and usable today on 2.5, and not has "broke" modules (has bugs to repair), only need check the servers. ED has continue updating modules, some updates has make on A-10C on 2.5.5 and the incoming A-10C and Ka-50 updates has "free" (plus the Ka-50 "DLC" expansion), the same maked on other "modern" and WW2 modules to put at same level of actual PBR, 3D models, cockpits and texture detail on past patches plus add bugfixing.

The progress on DCS has continue and steady from 2012 fixing bugs and adding new functionality and improve them and I not talking about fantasies, the base has been making in the past, remember Combined Arms about tanks and FPS and a incoming carrier module with can open to ED and 3rd parties Will make "ships modules" with pilot-able cockpits and the carrier crew can help to improve infantry and make better battlefield.

the incoming A-10C and Ka-50 updates has "free" (plus the Ka-50 "DLC" expansion)

I'm grateful to ED for that, I just wish I could pay to accelerate the process, since I prefer a bug-free a-10c or a black shark 3 to fly with, rather than post-produced youtube videos on the viper just to watch at. And from the poll result I guess 154 people up to 175 agree with me.

rather than post-produced youtube videos on the viper just to watch at.

Builded by develop personal with none to do with Bugfixing....

I'm grateful to ED for that, I just wish I could pay to accelerate the process, since I prefer a bug-free a-10c or a black shark 3

Talked by ED some time ago and in develop in the shadows.... and officially in progress mounths ago.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735501&postcount=177

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3807915&postcount=184

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I don´t care what you think about me. If you think that i have too much ego, if you think that I don´t know how to do a poll, if I´m spending too much effort in trying to stop people posting off-topics in this thread... Stop telling me because I don´t tell you what I think about you. Just forget about this thread and poll as I do with threads or polls that I´m not interested about.

Just to be clear: My question doesn´t mean that I´m suggesting that ED is not working right now on fixing bugs and improving older modules and DCS. All we know ED is doing that now. I´m asking if ED should focus in a project of a new plane after the Viper and Hornet, or focus in bugfixing and improvements, from the customer's perspective.

I would be more eager of buying new modules if the previous ones that I already have were totally finished and bug free, for sure. And that goes for ED and for the 3th. parties.

I have a couple or three modules (3er parties mostly, telling the truth) that I don´t fly right now and I´m saving for later because I don´t want to get tired of them when they are still in beta and with bugs. And, of course, I´m not going to buy new modules (specially unfinished ones) until those that I already have in my virtual hangar being finished and I can start trully enjoying them.

Edited by Kongamato

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I´m sorry for you, sincerelly. Must be sad to be you, to have a life so empty to find pleasure in trolling a forum of aerial simulation in internet :( Well, you win. Instead of copy-paste the same comment again, I have payed attention to you for a minute to write this, so... congratulations, you can be happy. :huh:

Truth is, as long as people continue posting in this forum, even memes and insults, this poll will be on the top of this section, more people will see it, and more people will vote, which is my objective, so... It´s OK.

Lol, I am almost 100% certain most people reading your responses have been thinking the same thing about you. It's worth noting I supported your poll, up till your self promoted moderation. And you're right, it still draws attention to it, though it served its purpose after the first few dozen votes and is no longer of any real value.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2