Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added Mirage F1!)

The F18 profile is awesome for us VR fliers with radio commands and along with the navigation commands. I hate fumbling around for my mouse in VR to try to click around. I always end up spending too much time do in that busy work.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

VoiceAttack freezes DCS on Splash screen???

Hi Bailey, total newb to DCS here!!

I downloaded your profiles and following your instal video on YouTube for the F18.

I start the VoiceAttack program and then DCS but I get stuck on startup as DCS seems to freeze on the splash screen ( Indian and Eagle logos )

If I quit both under windows tasks manager and start only DCS it runs fine!!

What am I doing wrong??:doh:

Any help greatly appreciated.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

Hi Bailey, total newb to DCS here!!

I downloaded your profiles and following your instal video on YouTube for the F18.

I start the VoiceAttack program and then DCS but I get stuck on startup as DCS seems to freeze on the splash screen ( Indian and Eagle logos )

If I quit both under windows tasks manager and start only DCS it runs fine!!

What am I doing wrong??:doh:

Any help greatly appreciated.

start voice attack after DCS loads up.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

start voice attack after DCS loads up.

I have changed the full screen setting in DCS so I could start up VA after DCS but DCS keeps starting in full screen!! Is there a way to stop this happening?

Cheers

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

I have changed the full screen setting in DCS so I could start up VA after DCS but DCS keeps starting in full screen!! Is there a way to stop this happening?

Cheers

What do you mean? Can't you Alt-Tab out of DCS to VA?

VA doesn't know about or interfere with DCS, unless you're running VAICOM or other plugins that communicate with DCS. (plain vanilla Voice Attack only sends key presses nothing else), which I of course do, and I don't have any issues.

So there might be another issue. Have you tried repairing DCS?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

What do you mean? Can't you Alt-Tab out of DCS to VA?

VA doesn't know about or interfere with DCS, unless you're running VAICOM or other plugins that communicate with DCS. (plain vanilla Voice Attack only sends key presses nothing else), which I of course do, and I don't have any issues.

So there might be another issue. Have you tried repairing DCS?

Yes I will be trying the Alt Tab method next, as I recall I had to do something similar to get it running in full screen previously.

Cheers

:thumbup:

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Yes I will be trying the Alt Tab method next, as I recall I had to do something similar to get it running in full screen previously.

Cheers

Oh, Alt-Enter is for switching between full-screen and windowed. Alt-Tab/Win-Tab are for cycling through running programs.

Cheers!

Oh, Alt-Enter is for switching between full-screen and windowed. Alt-Tab/Win-Tab are for cycling through running programs.

Cheers!

Gotcha.

Cheers:thumbup:

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

TO be honest you must have something corrupted if VA is causing dcs to crash. DCS will sometimes give a DCS has stopped working message on load up and you can click to exit or wait for it to respond. I just got that today and yesterday and all I do is click wait for program to respond and then it will finally load up fine. This happens if VA is running or not.

Cheers!

so are you saying you should run or start VA first and then Alt-Tab when DCS is running?

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

so are you saying you should run or start VA first and then Alt-Tab when DCS is running?
Right. I never close Voice Attack, it's always running, because I use it to control other stuff like Spotify, Musicbee, etc even while playing DCS. Voice Attack does not know about DCS, so I find it very strange that it would prevent DCS from running.

Right. I never close Voice Attack, it's always running, because I use it to control other stuff like Spotify, Musicbee, etc even while playing DCS. Voice Attack does not know about DCS, so I find it very strange that it would prevent DCS from running.

thanks Max:thumbup:

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Is it possible to use Bailey profile without changing to Bailey's keyboard.diff.lau file.

I just lost most of my hotas keybind by switching to provided keyboard binds in Bailey profile.

While trying to find my old hotas keybind again, would unbinding f11 and F12 in my custom keyboard.diff file still work?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Thanks for doing this. I bought voice attack a long time ago and never really got it going. This has got me interested in it again

Nice! I’m glad I revitalized your interest in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles

Is it possible to use Bailey profile without changing to Bailey's keyboard.diff.lau file.

I just lost most of my hotas keybind by switching to provided keyboard binds in Bailey profile.

While trying to find my old hotas keybind again, would unbinding f11 and F12 in my custom keyboard.diff file still work?

Yes, it is possible, but there may have to be some work on your part. The VA profile sends keyboard presses to DCS and if those keybinds aren’t bound, well, nothing happens. You would have to change the commands in VA itself to match your custom diff.lua. It’s not difficult to do.

How, exactly, did you lose only “most” of your Hotas keybinds? Did you have a 3rd party solution? Just curious so that i might be able to address that problem in the future.

Yes, should be able to unbind F11 and F12 without any bad side effects.

Edited by Bailey

Nice! I’m glad I revitalized your interest in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bailey, appologies for jumping in on this thread.

As a brand new user to both DCS and VA I am struggling a little with all the "behind the scenes" setup that have to be adjusted such as the LUA files and terminologies used ( still don't know what a LUA file is or what binding means and I don't want to bugger something up accidentally :) )

Having just bought a Warthog HOTAS I am now having to come to grips with that ( no pun intended ). I was wondering if there was a guide somewhere that explained the ins and outs of DCS and voice attack etc.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds

Kev:thumbup:

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Yes, it is possible, but there may have to be some work on your part. The VA profile sends keyboard presses to DCS and if those keybinds aren’t bound, well, nothing happens. You would have to change the commands in VA itself to match your custom diff.lua. It’s not difficult to do.

How, exactly, did you lose only “most” of your Hotas keybinds? Did you have a 3rd party solution? Just curious so that i might be able to address that problem in the future.

Yes, should be able to unbind F11 and F12 without any bad side effects.

Nice to see your prompt response.

For the modules I loaded your keyboard.diff.lau file, they all revert to the default dcs keybind for my hotas. I would need to setup it all up again.

I had used dailey voice programming profiles and vaicompro prior to using yours.

Also it seems my old keyboard.diff.lau was loaded from my dcs config folder and not in my saved game config folder looking at the destination path.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I think I got it figured out. Initially made a bad mistake with the installation of Bailey keyboard.diff.lau file.

Tried a few commands with the Hornet and it all jived.

Great voice controls profiles I must confess.

For vr simmers, how do one get to remember those huge list of spoken commands. The spoken command list would need a kneeboard page to reference.

I think I got it figured out. Initially made a bad mistake with the installation of Bailey keyboard.diff.lau file.

Tried a few commands with the Hornet and it all jived.

Great voice controls profiles I must confess.

For vr simmers, how do one get to remember those huge list of spoken commands. The spoken command list would need a kneeboard page to reference.

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted.

As for remembering commands, it gets kind of crazy with so many aircraft. I tend to make my own kneeboards or notes and i take a peek at them during startup. Take a look at the F14 VA profile pics to see what I mean https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308776/. It was a blast making them and I am glad to see how well they turned out.

Take a look at the F14 VA profile pics to see what I mean https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308776/. It was a blast making them and I am glad to see how well they turned out.

Yeah I saw the kneeboard pages you created for the basic group of spoken command. Those were really great. I can get away with simple aircrafts but the hornet, Harrier and the kA-50 would be quite a hassle to remember.

Do you have a profile for the A-10C? I cannot find any for the Warthog.

Once again, thanks for a great voice command mod.