Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added Mirage F1!)

That fix it! Hard to believe I was the only one having this issue. A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks again...

Glad to help! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, First let me thank you for the wonderful VA profiles you've made. I'm having a little trouble with the Huey UHF tuning. The log shows your profile is hearing what freq I asked for but its not tuning to that freq  I think there maybe fault in the calculations in the UHF Com command. I have been using your example of '369.55', and have tried it on the sim's default uhf radio setting of '251.00' and its tunes to '343.45'. I've also done a 'quick reset frequencies' with a radio setting of '300.00', and it tuned to '241.45'.  The log shows 'Tuning: [36] [Not set] [Not set]'.

Tomorrow I'll take a closer look at the command and try and decipher if there is a problem or the problem is on my end. I am using the Sim's default keyboard.lua, and I didn't notice a difference between that and the keyboard file you had included in your zip file. But any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, found the problem, Nothing wrong with your programing. Fault lies in the in the DCS command function of the freq tuning, the values are backwards, decrease actually increases and increase actually decreases. 

To solve this issue with your profile, In the 6 lines that call for the key commands tobe sent to DCS just swap the letters around...  Change the W to E, E to W, F to T,  T to F, J to U and U to J. And it works as it should.

Also make note in you pdf, to have the user change the "Decrease 1MHz" keybind from "LCtrl+LShift+R" to LCtrl+LShift+F" Since the keybind "LCtrl+LShift+R" actually doesn't do anything

Thanks again for the profiles.

Edited by DeJohn

@Bailey - Having set up basic commands myself for Star Wars Squadrons, I am extremely impressed with the detailed work that you did for all these DCS airframes (especially Jester and the F-14). 

Thank you for sharing all your complex scripting work with us.

PC Setup: i7-8700K CPU @5 GHz | 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz | EVGA RTX 3080 GPU | LG 27GL83A-B 27" Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms 144Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Space Combat Edition’ Premium Grip | TrackIR5 system | Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle.

Airframes: A10C | A10CII | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-5E | F-86F | JF-17 | M-2000C | AV-8B | MiG-15Bis | MiG-15Bis | Ka-50 Black Shark 2 helicopter | FC3. (All  purchased on STEAM)

Modules: Supercarrier | WW2 Assets Pack | Raven One | Serpent's Head 2 | The Ultimate Argument | The Georgian War | Aggressors BFM | M-2000C Red Flag | F-15C Red Flag | Aggressors ACM | The Enemy Within 3.0 | A-10C Red Flag | The Museum Relic Campaign. (All purchased on STEAM)

Maps: Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR. (All purchased on STEAM)

On 1/7/2021 at 8:41 AM, DeJohn said:

Hi, found the problem, Nothing wrong with your programing. Fault lies in the in the DCS command function of the freq tuning, the values are backwards, decrease actually increases and increase actually decreases. 

To solve this issue with your profile, In the 6 lines that call for the key commands tobe sent to DCS just swap the letters around...  Change the W to E, E to W, F to T,  T to F, J to U and U to J. And it works as it should.

Also make note in you pdf, to have the user change the "Decrease 1MHz" keybind from "LCtrl+LShift+R" to LCtrl+LShift+F" Since the keybind "LCtrl+LShift+R" actually doesn't do anything

Thanks again for the profiles.

Thank you for the appreciation and thank you more for the bug hunting *and* solution. It really does help. I am currently "crafting" a new way to tune the huey, a-10, and maybe a few other modules with an absurd number of radios! They will likely get a similar treatment that the L-39 did, via DCS-BIOS. It might take a while though, as DCS-BIOS is kind of a beast to make things for, in my opinion. Again, thank you!

On 1/8/2021 at 1:51 PM, alphagamer4 said:

@Bailey - Having set up basic commands myself for Star Wars Squadrons, I am extremely impressed with the detailed work that you did for all these DCS airframes (especially Jester and the F-14). 

Thank you for sharing all your complex scripting work with us.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, manatary said:

Hi Bailey, installed your F16 profile but it seems i have some problem with numbers.

3,4,8 are not recognised and i get 2 or 10 or 61, and arm off gives me a flare ?

4 hours ago, manatary said:

ok arm solved, numbers still failing

Hey there! If you are not the same person that I was recently speaking to, try saying the numbers in your native language. If you are the same person, nice job figuring it out!

Hey Bailey,

I love your profiles and prefer them over others I have tried.  Are thinking about doing one for the M2000C?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

On 1/21/2021 at 9:24 AM, ouseler said:

Hey Bailey,

I love your profiles and prefer them over others I have tried.  Are thinking about doing one for the M2000C?

Hi there,

Thank you! 
I have thought about doing one for the M2000C, but it is more likely to be done after the module is complete.

The M2000C module has been out for a long time and it's still not complete?  Have you heard when it is expected to be completed or is it open-ended?

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bailey, I got the F-18C.vax to load finally. Don't why it loads now and not yesterday.  Anyway, I was going through the commands and noticed, for example, when I spoke "Active Pause", the software recognizes the command with a green box, but then brings up the Voiceattack Manual.pdf.  Other commands, evoke similar reactions to the Voiceattack manual or  Internet Explorer or other software.  Do you know what could be causing this?

Edited by ouseler

System Specs:

On 1/27/2021 at 6:25 AM, ouseler said:

The M2000C module has been out for a long time and it's still not complete?  Have you heard when it is expected to be completed or is it open-ended?

You have to ask Razbam for that info. 

On 2/16/2021 at 6:41 AM, ouseler said:

Hey Bailey, I got the F-18C.vax to load finally. Don't why it loads now and not yesterday.  Anyway, I was going through the commands and noticed, for example, when I spoke "Active Pause", the software recognizes the command with a green box, but then brings up the Voiceattack Manual.pdf.  Other commands, evoke similar reactions to the Voiceattack manual or  Internet Explorer or other software.  Do you know what could be causing this?

It sounds like DCS is not focused when you say the command. Make sure DCS is running and focused/active (click the mouse a few times in DCS. If it still does not work, running VA in admin mode may fix your problem. If that does not work, make sure that the commands you are saying don’t have a “Target”. If they do, remove them, if they don’t, try targeting DCS. If that does not work, try making a new profile with a single command such as “gear up” and observe the results. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey bud, just reinstalled after being AWOL for a few months and getting a new PC build. Jester no longer recognises "Push button X" or "Jester Channel X", which was the main reason I use your profile. Did the ability to command Jester to change radio channel get removed?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

39 minutes ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

Hey bud, just reinstalled after being AWOL for a few months and getting a new PC build. Jester no longer recognises "Push button X" or "Jester Channel X", which was the main reason I use your profile. Did the ability to command Jester to change radio channel get removed?

Welcome back! Glad to see ya. I have not changed the VA profile in quite a while. I re-downloaded it from the ED Userfiles and it looks like the commands are still there. Remember to go through the Readme again step by stem with your new setup. It may be possible that the keyboard.diff.lua failed to load up. 
 21ucZ8l.jpg

Edited by Bailey

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Welcome back! Glad to see ya. I have not changed the VA profile in quite a while. I re-downloaded it from the ED Userfiles and it looks like the commands are still there. Remember to go through the Readme again step by stem with your new setup. It may be possible that the keyboard.diff.lua failed to load up. 
 21ucZ8l.jpg

Thanks mate - he is recognising Next channel, and Previous Channel, but that's it. I didn't do the keyboard.lua stuff though. I'll go through the readme again to check what I've missed.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hey Bailey, so I've followed your PDF instructions - I'm unsure though what this means, and whether it's causing the issue I have:

"You can import F14BPilotKeyboard.diff.lua and F14BRioKeyboard.diff.lua if you wish."

Will that change any of my joystick controls if I import them? I'm hoping not, as having to redo all that again will be a time consuming affair. Also, what is the exact command I can issue Jester to get him to tune Radio 2 to a specific channel? 

Btw, here's what VA looks like when I try "Jester Tune Channel X". It recognises some of the phrases, some not. 

va.JPG

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

52 minutes ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

Hey Bailey, so I've followed your PDF instructions - I'm unsure though what this means, and whether it's causing the issue I have:

"You can import F14BPilotKeyboard.diff.lua and F14BRioKeyboard.diff.lua if you wish."

Will that change any of my joystick controls if I import them? I'm hoping not, as having to redo all that again will be a time consuming affair. Also, what is the exact command I can issue Jester to get him to tune Radio 2 to a specific channel? 

Btw, here's what VA looks like when I try "Jester Tune Channel X". It recognises some of the phrases, some not. 

va.JPG

"Will that change any of my joystick controls if I import them?"
Only if your joystick relies on keyboard key presses. The keyboard.diff.lua will only update the keyboard key presses.

It looks like you are using version v1.91, but on the userfiles it is version v1.92, as you can see in the picture I posted the other day with the three arrows. Where did you get your version? I dont think the one you have has those commands! Download the newest version here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308776/

Edited by Bailey