Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added Mirage F1!)

I googled "DCS F14 VA profile", which led me here:

Bailey's F-14B VoiceAttack Profiles - DCS: F-14A & B - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

And yep, it's the wrong damned version! That'll explain what's going on then. Thanks mate!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

3 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I googled "DCS F14 VA profile", which led me here:

Bailey's F-14B VoiceAttack Profiles - DCS: F-14A & B - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

And yep, it's the wrong damned version! That'll explain what's going on then. Thanks mate!

Oh! That's just as much as my fault. I have corrected the link and text on that thread. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bailey,

I'm a new DCS user and having a problem installing your F-18C profile. I have followed your youtube install video and searched these forums but can't figure it out.

I can import the downloaded profile to VoiceAttack, however when i go to the F-18C Sim controls, click in the keyboard column and follow the load profile steps, there are no .diff.lua files to select.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sabre11 

DCS changed the setup in the Saved Games files.

When you click on Load Profile if you look at the path at the top, you'll see the program now is looking at the "InputUserProfiles" previously it would go to the Config\Input\Module Name\keyboard directory.

What you need to do is copy the .diff.lua file into the InputUserProfiles directory and you should then see it when you try to load it. Personally I'd make a folder inside InputUserProfiles for the module, like FA-18C_Hornet and copy the file to there then navigate there once in the Input section in the game.

If running the Open Beta the path is User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\InputUserProfiles

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I able to talk with the tanker with these profiles? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

3 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Am I able to talk with the tanker with these profiles? 

By using the "Comm" command following "F1".."F12", yes.

• Like 1

With respect to the DCS BIOS...What exactly does it do? Is it required?

Edited by 72westy

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3296 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

8 minutes ago, 72westy said:

With respect to the DCS BIOS...What exactly does it do? Is it required?

DCS Bios communicates with DCS to provide cockpit data and to “flip switches and stuff”. Typically there are three main uses for DCS Bios. Reading switch positions, reading instruments, and interacting with the cockpit (flipping switches for example). These help enable the use of 3rd party apps and utilities such as custom button boxes to talk to dcs. 

Some of the VA profiles require DCS Bios, but most do not. The readme file will clearly say if DCS Bios is required. 

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

Do your profiles include a list that one can print out of the spoken commands? Looking to make a cheat sheet.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3296 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

22 hours ago, 72westy said:

Do your profiles include a list that one can print out of the spoken commands? Looking to make a cheat sheet.

So do, some dont. You can make your own by referencing the voiceattack readme and exporting the list.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, Bailey said:

DCS Mi-24P Hind VoiceAttack is now live! 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318032/
First post has been updated.

Hi Bailey,  I downloaded you Hind VA Profile as I have used a couple of you others which were excellent ( Keep up the great work ).However I am at a bit of a loss with the Hind Profile as you refer to DCS-Bios being needed. I have no idea what this is, is it a separate add-on or do you need to edit something in DCS and if so would this affect other modules? Any help would be greatly appreciated (also is there a guide to installing / editing this DCS_Bios???   Cheers

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

9 hours ago, subseauk said:

Hi Bailey,  I downloaded you Hind VA Profile as I have used a couple of you others which were excellent ( Keep up the great work ).However I am at a bit of a loss with the Hind Profile as you refer to DCS-Bios being needed. I have no idea what this is, is it a separate add-on or do you need to edit something in DCS and if so would this affect other modules? Any help would be greatly appreciated (also is there a guide to installing / editing this DCS_Bios???   Cheers

Dcs Bios is an underlying framework that allows a mode of communication from outside the Sim to inside the cockpit. It is typically used to allow communication from homemade buttonboxes to the aircraft cockpit. I have adapted voiceAttack to be able to send the same types of commands. The great thing about it is that once you install it, it's sits silently in the background. No additional steps, no menus, no maintenance (except for updates for new planes and such).

I'll explain how to install DCS-BIOS, which is documented on the DCS-BIOS FlightPanels wiki: https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/DCSFlightpanels/wiki/Installation

Installation of DCS-BIOS

• Download
    • Download DCS-BIOS
    • Select a release.
    • Click on Assets to expand a list of downloadable files.
    • Download the zip file DCS-BIOS_x.x.xx.zip.
    • Unzip DCS-BIOS into a temporary location.
    • Open DCS Script folder [drive:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts] or [drive:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts]. Create it if it doesn't exist.
    • Copy the folder DCS-BIOS and the file Export.lua to the DCS scripts folder.

After that it will have been installed. Feel free to read more about DCS-BIOS via the link above, but it is not necessary to do so to use the VA profile. If you need any more assistance, feel free to post here again.

Hi Bailey,  Thank you so much for the above info mate. Fingers crossed 🤞 I don't mess up the install!!!!  I will let you know how it goes, keep up the great work mate 👍

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love these profiles - thx Bailey for all your work, but really struggling to get your Huey profiles working properly. I keep getting an error message in VA when I try to tune any of the radios to a certian frequency.

I changed the trigger to "Set VHF Radio" then speak the freq, it seems to recognise this command easier, then I get;

"Decimal token could not be converted : {TXT:saidTxtB4Decimal}

With the UHF radio I get:

Recognized : 'u.h.f. comm tuning'

Error converting, [thirdDigit] to [thirdDigit] : Text parse error.

Any way to correct this? This is version 1.00 of the Huey profile, has there been an update?
Thanks!

21 hours ago, Sprool said:

I love these profiles - thx Bailey for all your work, but really struggling to get your Huey profiles working properly. I keep getting an error message in VA when I try to tune any of the radios to a certian frequency.

I changed the trigger to "Set VHF Radio" then speak the freq, it seems to recognise this command easier, then I get;

"Decimal token could not be converted : {TXT:saidTxtB4Decimal}

With the UHF radio I get:

Recognized : 'u.h.f. comm tuning'

Error converting, [thirdDigit] to [thirdDigit] : Text parse error.

Any way to correct this? This is version 1.00 of the Huey profile, has there been an update?
Thanks!

Due to how the commands are coded, if you change the command they will break. Behind the scenes it takes what you said and parses it into numbers to calculate the movement of the cockpit controls. 

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Due to how the commands are coded, if you change the command they will break. Behind the scenes it takes what you said and parses it into numbers to calculate the movement of the cockpit controls. 

Im only talking about changing the speech tigger phrase, eg from 'UHF comms tune' to 'set UHF radio' - that shouldnt break all the coding behind it? NB: even when I manage to get VA to understand UHF Comms tune I get the text parser error.

5 hours ago, Sprool said:

Im only talking about changing the speech tigger phrase, eg from 'UHF comms tune' to 'set UHF radio' - that shouldnt break all the coding behind it? NB: even when I manage to get VA to understand UHF Comms tune I get the text parser error.

It’s been quite a while since that profile was released. First, make sure the original commands work from a fresh profile install. If those don’t work, your modifications are not likely to work either. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

It’s been quite a while since that profile was released. First, make sure the original commands work from a fresh profile install. If those don’t work, your modifications are not likely to work either. 

I did a fresh install of your Huey profile, also added a bit more gain to my mic. Now I can get it tuning the radios but the tuning they come up with does not match my request, and as shown in the log. I checked all keyboard commands are mapped properly as per the html page in the zip. I tried resetting and realigning.

If you take the UHF radio, when you spawn in its set to 251.00 as default. I ask to tune to 255.0 and I get 306.0

I reset the freq to 300.00 as per your ReadMe, then command ' quick Reset Frequencies'. then I try tuning to 255.0 and I get something completely differnt.

Do you think something may have changed in the default Huey frequencies since you released the profile? Can you confirm I should be setitng the following for a 'quick reset' as the frequencies I call are ending up on very different positions;

On a fresh spawn, Nav = 107.0, quick reset recommends 113.0, VHF comm = 116.00, quick reset recommends 130.00, UHF = 251.00 quick reset recommends 300.00

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Airwolf466 said:

Bailey, thank you for all your efforts!. I've been using the f-18 2.2 and am now looking for the AH-64 .I've seen the Youtube vid., but can't find a link to the profile, nor can I find it in the User Files

Thanks! The link to the profile is in the video description. I will "release" it here once approved by ED User Files.

Edited by Bailey

8 minutes ago, Punisher74 said:

Hey Baily I  installed everything like you said to in the PDF, but nothing is working. Example Hey George hide, should open or close the Ai Helper. nothing happens. I opened Notepad+ and spoke and no keys are pressed. And yes I loaded the Lua for each role. I'm at a loss

If literally nothing is happening then the issue is at the Voice Attack level. Make a new custom profile. In that profile make a command called “test 1 2 3”. In that command have it press and release the letter g. Try that in notepad. If it does not work then reference the VA Help pdf for solutions. If it does work, then we have somewhere to continue troubleshooting. 

Edited by Bailey