Bailey's VoiceAttack Profiles (Added Mirage F1!)

DCS JF-17 Thunder VA profile added!

New F14B ClickAttack resolution added (2560x1440)!

DCS F14B VA is now on User Files! https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308776/

New Discord Server added ;) Join us! https://discord.gg/PbYgC5e

Thank you to those that helped me with the above.

~Bailey

Edited by Bailey

Bailey,

I downloaded everything, but am having problems following the video. Things happen pretty fast, and the images are small. If things on my end don’t go as in the video, and they haven’t, I’m stuck. So, could you make an instruction sheet with narrative and screen shots, for us slow learners with weak eyes?

Or, possibly we could get on TeamViewer at a convenient time?

Thanks,

Edited by TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Bailey,

I downloaded everything, but am having problems following the video. Things happen pretty fast, and the images are small. If things on my end don’t go as in the video, and they haven’t, I’m stuck. So, could you make an instruction sheet with narrative and screen shots, for us slow learners with weak eyes?

Or, possibly we could get on TeamViewer at a convenient time?

Thanks,

Hello. Which video, specifically, are you referring to? When I make the videos, I typically use the READMEE as my script, so if you can read that, it should cover everything in the video and much more! Either way, I'd be happy to help you out personally. I'll reach out to ya via PM.

~Bailey

Since I was having trouble getting Bailey's program for the FA-18 to work, I contacted him. He spent about an hour and a half on Discord patiently walking me through to get it set up.

That's what I call customer service. The program is fantastic.

Thanks Bailey.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I just discovered Voice attack and LOVE IT!! And thanks for the Bailey F/A-18 v2 profile. It works really well.

Quick question - is there not a way to use the actual words to give my wingman commands or talk to the Awacs or the tanker such as "Flight - go Spread" or "ready precontact". Rather than having to say "F1, F6, F3" as it drills down into the comms menu. Or is that just the nature of how the DCS comm menu is?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I just discovered Voice attack and LOVE IT!! And thanks for the Bailey F/A-18 v2 profile. It works really well.

Quick question - is there not a way to use the actual words to give my wingman commands or talk to the Awacs or the tanker such as "Flight - go Spread" or "ready precontact". Rather than having to say "F1, F6, F3" as it drills down into the comms menu. Or is that just the nature of how the DCS comm menu is?

Thanks for the thanks! It is much appreciated and I am glad you are putting F18 v2 to good use. As for the AI comms. It’s kinda tricky. Because of how DCS natively does the comm system, it’s pretty tricky to do it via VoiceAttack. Possible, but tricky. Put that on top of a module that is still in Beta/Early Access and you know where that can lead to. (A lot of updates and confusion).

You can check out the F14B VA profile that I have. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308776/ It has comms in there. Even made custom kneeboard cards for it. That’s what you’d have to do to get comms for the F18. Another option would be VAICOM Pro. I don’t use it, but it’s out there and I have heard good things.

TLDR, AI comms are possible, just takes lots of work.

~Bailey

Edited by Bailey

Since I was having trouble getting Bailey's program for the FA-18 to work, I contacted him. He spent about an hour and a half on Discord patiently walking me through to get it set up.

That's what I call customer service. The program is fantastic.

Thanks Bailey.

No problem. I really enjoyed seeing the magic and joy of seeing someone use the voice commands for the first time in real-time. It was a pleasure. Just wait till you start talking to Jester one day ;)

~Bailey

So I installed VA and the F14 profile. VA recognizes my voice inputs, but nothing is happening in DCS.

Have you had the opportunity to read the READMEE? There are a lot of things that can be the problem.

~Bailey

If you mean the pdf file that's included in the zip, yeah i've read it all.

Sweet. What have you done to troubleshoot? What commands are you using? Do you have other profiles installed like VAICOM? Have you tried re-importing the .diff.lua? What version of the F14 VA profile are you using?

~Bailey

Sweet. What have you done to troubleshoot? What commands are you using? Do you have other profiles installed like VAICOM? Have you tried re-importing the .diff.lua? What version of the F14 VA profile are you using?

~Bailey

I tried different keyboard layouts. I set DCS to the target window and back to active window, that didn't change anything. I had a Vaicom profile installed, but deleted it from the Apps folder within the Voiceattack install. I'm using version 1.91 for the F-14. I will try to reimport the F-14 profile.

I tried different keyboard layouts. I set DCS to the target window and back to active window, that didn't change anything. I had a Vaicom profile installed, but deleted it from the Apps folder within the Voiceattack install. I'm using version 1.91 for the F-14. I will try to reimport the F-14 profile.

Only the supplied diff.lua will work with the profile.

Deleting the VAICOM profile will not remove the problem it has where it blocks the Jester menu. You'll either have to delete the scripts folder in DCS and/or refer to the VAICOM readme and/or ED forum page.

~Bailey

Only the supplied diff.lua will work with the profile.

Deleting the VAICOM profile will not remove the problem it has where it blocks the Jester menu. You'll either have to delete the scripts folder in DCS and/or refer to the VAICOM readme and/or ED forum page.

~Bailey

I reimported the profile in Voiceattack, reimported the diff.lua, deleted the Vaicom folder in the Scripts directory of DCS. Still nothing.

I reimported the profile in Voiceattack, reimported the diff.lua, deleted the Vaicom folder in the Scripts directory of DCS. Still nothing.

Iirc, you would have to delete/rename the entire scripts folder. Try that.

What commands are you using? Specifically?

~Bailey

Iirc, you would have to delete/rename the entire scripts folder. Try that.

What commands are you using? Specifically?

~Bailey

In the Export.lua I have:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

*I deleted the whole Scripts folder, still no change.

Edited by FullMetal_cooKie

In the Export.lua I have:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

*I deleted the whole Scripts folder, still no change.

Which commands are you using. Try a variety of them. Jester commands. F commands. Crew chief commands. Etc.

~Bailey

Thanks to the help of Bailey on Discord, we've managed to solve my problem I was having with the command rose not opening in the F14. Turns out it's because I have an AZERTY keyboard. So the commands to get Jester's attention are bound to "A" in the VA profile. Just change these commands to the letter on your keyboard(change "A" to "Q") if you have an AZERTY keyboard like me.

The commands inside the Control Options of DCS should stay the same.

SRS Problem

Hey Bailey Screamer here so love the new SRS profile but have a problem I setup all my squad channels but when I use the commands the chat box opens types the info IE. Radio 1 Tower ...SRSRADIO RADIO 1 FRQ 250.15 Radio 2 Fiend Flight 2... SRSRADIO RADIO 2 FRQ 125.20 ... It acts like its changing but doesnt change in DCS/SRS Radio. I copied all your SRS profile into my F-16 profile is that a problem something else I need to do?

Thanks Brotha Love all the Profiles WELL WORTH the $$$$ Cant wait for more... :) <S>

Screamer

690248497_SRSwindow.jpg.a1b315aab99426b160a632b5660186b5.jpg

Edited by Screamer63

Hey Bailey Screamer here so love the new SRS profile but have a problem I setup all my squad channels but when I use the commands the chat box opens types the info IE. Radio 1 Tower ...SRSRADIO RADIO 1 FRQ 250.15 Radio 2 Fiend Flight 2... SRSRADIO RADIO 2 FRQ 125.20 ... It acts like its changing but doesnt change in DCS/SRS Radio. I copied all your SRS profile into my F-16 profile is that a problem something else I need to do?

Thanks Brotha Love all the Profiles WELL WORTH the $$$$ Cant wait for more... :) <S>

Screamer

I don't quite understand what you are saying the problem is. Does SRS type in the appropriate command? Does the command look right in DCS? What does SRS type in DCS? If that does not work, are you able to type in a command by hand? Does that work?

Also, it looks like you may have an older version. Download the new one if you haven't already. I'm not sure if "copying" the commands to another profile will work. I would suggest using SRS for DCS as a Global Profile (info in the voiceattack readme).

~Bailey