Just how, how???

buspelle

In the name of... How do You get this thing airborne? Without groundloops, caorusele behavior, etc etc..."Easy A-8 mode", "takeoffassist", tryed it all, makes no sense... new CH rudder pedals, CH stick, everything in place... but this is wierd

She is even worse than the I-16 and the ME109 when it comes to takeoff procedures

Hats of to the developers, thats for sure! And she is for sure a beauty, but... To be honest, this is to real, or "real" for me, I mean one must get the option for 40 bucks to at least, even if its not the "real" way, but at least get her airborne...

And again, huge thanks to the developers for making an outstanding A-8! A fantastic job and a work of art!!! As always!

Pelle

I assume that the Anton requires the stick to be pulled all the way back to lock the tail wheel, just like the Dora does? If so, you should be able to have a much more controlled takeoff run that way.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

In the name of... How do You get this thing airborne? Without groundloops, caorusele behavior, etc etc..."Easy A-8 mode", "takeoffassist", tryed it all, makes no sense... new CH rudder pedals, CH stick, everything in place... but this is wierd

She is even worse than the I-16 and the ME109 when it comes to takeoff procedures

Hats of to the developers, thats for sure! And she is for sure a beauty, but... To be honest, this is to real, or "real" for me, I mean one must get the option for 40 bucks to at least, even if its not the "real" way, but at least get her airborne...

And again, huge thanks to the developers for making an outstanding A-8! A fantastic job and a work of art!!! As always!

Pelle

• Lock the tailwheel by pulling the stick all the way back.
  • Slowly throttle up and keep the stick back and a bit right till you reach ~100kmh - also use rudder inputs
  • Bring the stick back into center to lift the tail and work with your rudder - once you reach take off speed gently pull back.

You can also look up some tutorials from the 190D as it is pretty much the same.

Edited by golani79

Switch off all "takeoffassist" and similar useless things and do not try it on Normandy map.

Hold stick full back at least up to 125km/h and then slowly release it, all with full power 1.42ATA.

Check your flaps! i could not retract them on Normandy map, spawn is with full flaps down on "cold start".

I did not realize about them and my first take off was wild with them full down...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

My dear friends! Thank You so much for the quick help/kind words and response, Thank You so much!!!

I will give that i try, stick back etc, as You all wrote, and hopefully get a better result! This one is such a beauty, and would be a "shame" to leave behind the barn just because of this "issue", right?

Give this a try during the evening, and let You all know how I progess!

Best of Regards

Pelle

This one is such a beauty, and would be a "shame" to leave behind the barn just because of this "issue", right?

It's not really an "issue" with the plane, is it? It takes some skill and practice instead. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Dora has same characteristics. Once you read up or Google how she gets to rotation, practice a few times, take offs are routine. Everyone else has identified what needs to be done - take the time to learn those steps, and liftoff is a breeze . . . pun intended.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

YES!!! I made it! Finaly! Gosh! And I was for sure sweating as much as a real A-8 pilot would have done the first time in a takeoff roll in this plane! But I made it of the ground, at the first atempt after pulling the stick back a bit... And (believe it or not) But I even got her safley back on the tarmac! Sweeeet!

Now, just another question. How about the swastika, is it some law/rule due to history that forbidds that symbol, I mean painting a "full" swastika on the tail, is that a crime? Just curios...

And again! THANKS! For Your kind help! Now I just have to practice even more! To get the BEST Anton pilot You will ever meet in the skies!

Best regards

Pelle

Buspelle, no, it's not a 'crime' persay in most countries. It is extremely common for it to be censored as it is still banned in some countries, meaning it's simpler to simply leave it off.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

YES!!! I made it! Finaly! Gosh! And I was for sure sweating as much as a real A-8 pilot would have done the first time in a takeoff roll in this plane! But I made it of the ground, at the first atempt after pulling the stick back a bit... And (believe it or not) But I even got her safley back on the tarmac! Sweeeet!

Now, just another question. How about the swastika, is it some law/rule due to history that forbidds that symbol, I mean painting a "full" swastika on the tail, is that a crime? Just curios...

And again! THANKS! For Your kind help! Now I just have to practice even more! To get the BEST Anton pilot You will ever meet in the skies!

Best regards

Pelle

i do know that in some countires sfastika is outlawed, but it is just safer to not do full sfastika even if this not braking any law in certain place but since DCS is world wide sfastika should be covered atleast partialy

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Best regards

Pelle

Apparently in some countries yes, it is a crime to use the swastika.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

And thanks to You all about the info regarding the swastika, I have always wondered about that, what "rules" and laws that are involved in that symbol and "using" it today, here as well almost everywhere, plastic kits, RC models... etc, etc

Regards

Pelle

Running the taxi and takeoff training mission for the Anton is very helpful. It is concise and thorough. The manual mentions that the Anton will lift off the ground from a 3-point position, WITHOUT the need to lift the tail first by pushing forward on the stick slightly as takeoff speed is approaching, as is done with most tail-draggers. You simply fly it off the ground in the tail-down position.

Best regards

Pelle

do you fly anyother ww2 plane from dcs,

i actuale have them all and i had abolutely no problem taking off in it

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Running the taxi and takeoff training mission for the Anton is very helpful. It is concise and thorough. The manual mentions that the Anton will lift off the ground from a 3-point position, WITHOUT the need to lift the tail first by pushing forward on the stick slightly as takeoff speed is approaching, as is done with most tail-draggers. You simply fly it off the ground in the tail-down position.

I find that it you don't lift the tail she will lift off directly into a turning stall...

Pelle

I think that its more easy take off and land than Dora.