Performance in 2.5.5

A little confused....So is this latest update the VR optimized one we've been waiting for??

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

I've only tried the VR performance ... my feeling is that it is indeed smother than previously and with better framerates .. not 50% better, but better nonetheless :D

Same here.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

No performance gain for me in non-VR, 4K. Visually, a step back in some areas. (ehhumm... Caucasus trees) :-(

Night time looks pretty beautiful in the PG map, though. :-)

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Noticeably smoother for me - VR (Oculus junk) PD set to 1.5, 2xMSAA, Nvidia 1080 w/ 430.86

.fxo and metashaders cleaned before update. The first flight over Caucasus was full of stutter at low alt. (100 - 200 feet AGL). On my 3rd hop the stutter was barely perceptible (hauling ass at 150 feet AGL) even when looking 90 deg left or right. Yes, there was some micro stutter when moving my head rapidly from one side to the other. I could stare at a point on the ground without any blur or haziness (other then MSAA:( effects) at extreme angles over my shoulder.

My sliders are maxed including shadows and traffic.

It's definitely not perfect but I do see improvement on my rig.

Stutters, Screen flickering added also, Frames a solid 60, Full screen, Please look into this issue.

VR performance is smooth for me - only after setting DCS to use all my cores. Are you just running on a single core?

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

But were you though, I see no issues with the latest drivers installed.

Goodnight

Could someone explain the reason why it is preferable to use an outdated driver instead of the latest Nvidis driver? I say it because the logic is that the new drivers improve the previous ones and consequently they are better for all games, including DCS WORLD .

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows and explains the reason that justifies keeping an old driver against the last one delivered