DCS Open beta 2.5.5 loading mission hang up

rem27

Tangos APU Mod seems to cause trouble in my case.. which is a very very very big problem for me. I'm working on an hopefully "Official" Airbase reality pack with many new Objects, Top Gun style shelters, Approach lights and much more. I've builded a big mission so far which i cannot load anymore because somewhere in my mission is "Tangos APU mod".. maybe some other mods too that might cause trouble, but without Tangos APU mod i can create a mssion at least again in ME.. that was impossible too before..

Is it somehow possible to load a mission when a mod is missing????

DAMNNN IT...

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

Ok, it gets worse. Even my older mission files causing the Game to crash. I'm pretty piss** right now. I placed about 400 Objects, for the first time to me, Nevada map became alive with tons of new stuff. All gone now.. weeks of work. Some Objects are black inside the ME, and then the Game crashes. I've sended 3 crash reports. I wonder what the update did to static Objects... sorry but i don't get it.. simple plain static Objects.. I'm in contact with a Guy from ED, hope he can share some light. I hope they fix it.. to me the Update did nothing positive so far then a lot of headache

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

• ED Team
I am getting a World Preload 1/60 freeze on some Nevada missions. I don't have any mods and this just started happening with the last Open Beta. I have not updated yet today to see if there is any fix with the newest OB.

Any luck?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

NineLine,

I just updated to the latest OpenBeta today and I am still getting a World Preload 1/60 freeze on some Nevada missions. This is with no mods. Other missions load just fine but for example I just tried the Nevada AIM-7 Sparrow mission and it gets stuck as soon as it hits World Preload 1/60.

Brandon

Once it occurs force close the game and attach the DCS.log from the logs folder in saved games. Might at least provide extra clues.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Today's patch fixed it for me.

Update:

Ran perfectly for a day.

Loads the main menu just fine and can change settings etc. BUT...

Now back to freezing my whole computer when loading any mission.

join

I join the queue. Developers see a lot of automated reports from me in this topic, with two missions and its derivatives.

Maybe some day reporter will be improved to include the REAL mission, what is caused the crash during load.

two of my problematic missions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3958497&postcount=5

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3960415&postcount=6

If this and other crash errors not causing to reject current openbeta to become a stable, I will eat my hat.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Only DCS fail in my system (sadly in various ways)

-repair and cleanup not solve

-Empty saved games folder not solve (or remove custom liveries)

-The low graphics preset is not solve the problem for me (with shadows: flat only)

-revert to any 2.5.5 not solve

-nvidia driver revert to 425.31 not solve

-move the 32GB pagefile to SSD not solve

what solve:

-clear all the units from missions, run with colaitions only

-heavily degrade missions ***with luck***

• ED Team
I join the queue. Developers see a lot of automated reports from me in this topic, with two missions and its derivatives.

Maybe some day reporter will be improved to include the REAL mission, what is caused the crash during load.

two of my problematic missions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3958497&postcount=5

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3960415&postcount=6

If this and other crash errors not causing to reject current openbeta to become a stable, I will eat my hat.

Neither of your missions reproduces a freeze for me.

From everyone else, I need to see logs, dxdiag files, missions its happening on, version you are running, etc etc.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I have exactly same problem as REM27, have read this thread but do not see any assistance being given ...

I love to help when I can, but just saying "the game crashes" does not provide enough info to be able to venture a diagnosis .. please, as a minimum attach a zip copy of the dcs.log file .. its on /saved games/dcs.openbeta/logs

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed for me. Same loading problem regardless of map or mission. Freeze mission load on "Terrain Graphic Init: 97..". I removed "APU" folder from "saved games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech" folder. No problems after that.

• 1 month later...

Today my DCS got a new dedicated SSD

I replaced the failing one.

The 2.5.5 update was so huge, many files written to our SSDs into new physical locations.

Sometimes in my case to bad locations. Updater/repair tool happily write all files without verify (verify with skipping cache)

Some files was unreadable, consistently.

Since months there was traces in event viewer (windows/ system), that is dismissed.

Crash time always good to see the event viewer.

What is your hardware health status?

Since posting to here anyone else changed SSD/ tired out of chrashes and fails/reinstalls?

edit: The method I was used to test my freshly updated/repaired DCS install: tried to copy with my favourite file manager the whole dcs install to hard drive. I needed to skip numerous files due I/O error during the copy operation.

Edited by discwalker

DCS hangs now and says suspended in the task monitor. It just started ong this :(

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

• 1 year later...

Hello -

I'm now having this issue and have tried all suggested paths to take to fix this issue. After latest update and installed Syria Map:

Error: No matter if I try Mission Editor or Campaign/Quick Mission, etc. DCS will freeze/CTD at "terrain graphics init; 97.(map I'm trying to load).

1. Uninstalled Syria Map

2. Look for MOD's that could be affecting - I don't have the 'APU' mod that is mentioned a few times before. I uninstalled "Military Aircraft Mod"

3. I changed the name of the "DCS.openbeta" folder in Saved Games and allowed DCS to create a new one.

4. I ran .\dcs_updater.exe cleanup & repair

5. Deleted all content in the "fxo and metashaders2" folder

6. Reinstalled DCS completely (took half a day)

I started DCS after every step and still had CDT issues.

What was successful in a way:

1. Changed Graphic Settings to "Medium". I could get past 97% and load the map in Mission Editor, but once I try to fly it crashes.

Looking at the Event Viewer and dcs.log I see the issue is around the graphics/shader...? I see a "bazar/shader" a few times (see attached dcs log). I also see it trying use 'jucheck.exe' along with 'gdi32full.dll' from the Event Viewer.

I'm not sure if the latest update changed something with the shaders, but I've been trying to fix it ever since the latest update.

Also attached is a screenshot message. This was the furthest I was able to get on loading/flying before it crashed.

I'm assuming I've got a corrupt file somewhere, I just don't know which file. Any help would be tremendously appreciated! Thank you!

dcs.log-20200824-182604.zip

1342859388_DCSCTD.thumb.jpg.a3e375d8e6d41b03916e9b6774d119a4.jpg

Edited by hp2456
add attachment

HP2456

Intel i7-4770K @ 4x3.40GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 (6 GB VRAM) + Samsung NanD EVO 500GB SSD + Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Hello -

I'm now having this issue and have tried all suggested paths to take to fix this issue. After latest update and installed Syria Map:

[...]

Hi mate, you're having the exact same issue than this guy. The error is related to "memcpy".

I see you don't have any pagefile, when you have only 16GB of RAM. I'm assuming you've disabled it. I strongly advise you to let Windows handle the pagefile automatically.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Flappie!! That was it, mate! I installed a new SSD but messed up the cloning somehow and turned it into a Dynamic Drive. I had to disable the pagefile as I couldn't change it back to Basic until I did so. I completely forgot that I did that.

Thank you, sir! Cheers!

HP2456

Intel i7-4770K @ 4x3.40GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 (6 GB VRAM) + Samsung NanD EVO 500GB SSD + Windows 10 Home 64Bit

Hi Spurts. The last error showing up in your log file is tied to TacView. Though it says "Successfully saved", it is entitled "ERROR".

Can you please try disabling TacView in the DCS module manager, let the game restart, and then try to load a simple instant action mission?

Can you also try to login when the game asks for it, to see if that changes anything?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.