Dedi web GUI not responding

Actually not the host OS - but a VM running on a bare metal hypervisor.

So there is two basic types of virtualization:

Type 1: (native or bare-metal) sits directly on the hardware and doesn't need any other operating system installation.

Type 2: (hosted) sits on top of a full fledged operating system (e.g. Debian, Windows etc.)

So this config here breaks and causes the LOCAL "Server not responding" issue in ALL cases (100% reproducible):

• Hardware
  • OS = Proxmox (tested, bugged) / XenServer (Citrix Hypervisor) (tested, bugged) / VMware ESXi (untested!) etc.
  • VirtOS = Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019 etc.

While this config for example is working:

• Hardware
  • OS = Windows / Debian etc.
  • VM = VMware Workstation
  • VirtOS = Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019 etc.

I tested this on the same hardware within multiple networking environments - same result every time.

Hence I was asking if those who are affected by the LOCAL webgui "Server not responding" bug are eventually sitting on top of a true type 1 VMM.

This can very well be the case even for rented machines as almost every server machine nowadays is sitting on some sort of native hypervisor platform due to massive performance gains and additional features like live migration, high availability etc.

Keep in mind that the WebGUI broke precisely with patch 2.5.5.31917

Edited by Madfish

Best regards

Actually not the host OS - but a VM running on a bare metal hypervisor.

So there is two basic types of virtualization:

Type 1: (native or bare-metal) sits directly on the hardware and doesn't need any other operating system installation.

Type 2: (hosted) sits on top of a full fledged operating system (e.g. Debian, Windows etc.)

So this config here breaks and causes the LOCAL "Server not responding" issue in ALL cases (100% reproducible):

Hardware

OS = Proxmox (tested, bugged) / XenServer (Citrix Hypervisor) (tested, bugged) / VMware ESXi (untested!) etc.

VirtOS = Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019 etc.

While this config for example is working:

Hardware

OS = Windows / Debian etc.

VM = VMware Workstation

VirtOS = Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019 etc.

I tested this on the same hardware within multiple networking environments - same result every time.

Hence I was asking if those who are affected by the LOCAL webgui "Server not responding" bug are eventually sitting on top of a true type 1 VMM.

This can very well be the case even for rented machines as almost every server machine nowadays is sitting on some sort of native hypervisor platform due to massive performance gains and additional features like live migration, high availability etc.

Keep in mind that the WebGUI broke precisely with patch 2.5.5.31917

Can confirm for you, I tested on ESXi 6.7, and both LOCAL and REMOTE are not responding.

Yes correct no fix in the patch, but now my server cannot be seen or joined since the patch

Manually updating the openbeta server with DCS Updater in cmd to the correct version fixed this for me. server can now be seen and joined again

This was in the change log

MP. Dedicated Server. Webgui: hardware related local and remote access to dedicated server fixed

Can anyone confirm it’s fixed? Won’t have a chance to test it until later this week

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

This was in the change log

MP. Dedicated Server. Webgui: hardware related local and remote access to dedicated server fixed

Can anyone confirm it’s fixed? Won’t have a chance to test it until later this week

It's now working for me, using full client installation with --server and --no-render options. I just have to make reconnect on the first time the page is loading, but then it's fine.

Dashboard tested only locally from the server itself.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I am experiencing the same issue (WebGUI not responding) though I am already on the newest release. Freshly installed dedicated server just yesterday. Tried on bare-metal first and then in a Virtual Machine. No luck at all. AES-NI is activated according to CPU-Z test. Though it should work with and without anyways.

The port 8088 itself is up and running. Tested locally and from the local network. But I get a 404 when accessing the site. Is there anywhere you could point me to further troubleshoot?

I have added the log of the probably more important entries. Did not find how to spoiler the long logs in this forum.

Thank you all,

Sascha

=== Log opened UTC 2019-10-18 12:27:36

2019-10-18 12:27:35.625 INFO DCS: Command line: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin/DCS.exe" --norender --server

2019-10-18 12:27:35.625 INFO DCS: DCS/2.5.5.37626 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.18362)

(...)

2019-10-18 12:28:02.319 WARNING RENDERERSTUB: Static mode not implemented yet for structured buffer

2019-10-18 12:28:03.040 WARNING LOG: 6 duplicate message(s) skipped.

2019-10-18 12:28:03.040 ERROR EDOBJECTS: Destruction shape not found AVIASHTAB_CRASH

2019-10-18 12:28:03.044 ERROR EDOBJECTS: Object HB_F14_EXT_PHX_ALU with id=294 already declared in table MissileTable

2019-10-18 12:28:10.243 INFO NET: No UPNP devices found.

2019-10-18 12:28:10.243 INFO NET: Registering HTTP control interface as X.X.X.X:8088 (port is assumed to be open)

2019-10-18 12:28:10.245 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:1

2019-10-18 12:28:12.933 INFO Dispatcher: //=== END OF INIT

(...)

2019-10-18 12:28:13.017 ERROR Dispatcher: Failed to load terrain

2019-10-18 12:28:13.017 INFO Dispatcher: Stop

2019-10-18 12:28:13.030 ERROR VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Tracks/.trk): Unknown error

2019-10-18 12:28:13.031 ERROR Dispatcher: Cannot save track: Cannot open C:\Users\XXXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Tracks/.trk

2019-10-18 12:28:13.033 INFO Config: netview stopped

2019-10-18 12:28:13.033 INFO TERRAIN: lSystem::CleanScenes()

2019-10-18 12:28:13.034 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3

• ED Team

Archive your log and attach here as well as dxdiag.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Do you use PC or Mac+BootCamp?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

Just to let you know. I got it working now, at least from the local GUI.

First I disabled IPv6 on the server > Did not change anything

Then I have installed Java, though I did not see any reference that this is needed > Did not change anything

Finally I have installed Google Chrome.

With Google Chrome I can now access the local GUI (from the server itself). Accessing from remote, even with Google Chrome on the remote client, still does not work. But I can now start the server and it seems to work fine now. So I am happy :thumbup:

So for me either Google Chrome or any combination of above steps did the job.

• ED Team

Which browser did you use before? See first post here:

Issue: Web control does't works on MS browsers (EDGE, IE). Repair in progress. Please use Chrom, Firefox.

G.K. Chesterton

Well all was working fine over the past few days and now all of a sudden only able to connect via the local gui. Don't even see my server listed on my profile either. Hoping just a DCS gui system glitch at the moment.

EDIT: All seems to be working again, following a complete reboot of the server.

Edited by sgray
Update

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

I have a related issues with the GUI that I have noticed since it started working. If you use the GUI to start a different mission, the serversettings.lua sometimes gets changed including the server name, password is removed, number of players changes back to 16, and required pure models changes back to true. Is there another location for default settings that I need to address besides what is in my saved games serversettings.lua file or do I need to copy mine into the main DCS config folder?

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

• 6 months later...

sorry for the the threadnomancy; i have this problem with the current DCS2.5.6 beta build, the remote session is working fine (via the portal), the local session just gives server not responding, i have also installed chrome same symptoms.

For clarity i get the dialogue box in the DCS Server Dashboard when local, specify control port 8088, server not responding, and a retry button... remote i'm fine

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

and now its working... I wish i knew why

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 years later...