[BUG] Walkman B-Side CTD

Southpaw

When I flip the tape to B-side I immediately CTD everytime. I wasn't sure how to label the files for B-Side so I went with "Song11"-"Song20". Was that correct?

Edited by IronMike

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

Hi Southpaw,

It seems I managed to screw up adding a bunch of new files (chromecat, missions, and the sound sdef files for the bside)...

We'll make sure they're in the next patch, but if you want to try it before that extract the contents of the attached zip to Mods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\sdef\Walkman and then name the songs BSideSong1.ogg -> BSideSong10.ogg.

Walkman.zip

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

Thanks a lot for B-sides definitions.

Will be missing “Operation Timber - Paving the Way” and “Night Hunter” available for download as well

I will upload the 2 new missions later today, so you can download them. Our apologies again.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We'll make sure they're in the next patch, but if you want to try it before that extract the contents of the attached zip to Mods\aircraft\F14\Sounds\sdef\Walkman and then name the songs BSideSong1.ogg -> BSideSong10.ogg.

This worked and it functions great! The attention to small detail continues to blow me away...even down to the proper function of a cassette tape B-side.

I love the Walkman feature! I wish it were on all DCS aircraft.

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

• 4 weeks later...
Any sign of those missions please?

The missions have been added already 2 patches ago, hence I did not upload them extra. They are called Night Hunter and Operation Timber, paving the way. Would love to hear your feedback on them.

The B-side CTD should have been fixed several patches ago. Are you saying that you still get it?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

• 5 weeks later...

Just FYI. I am updated to the latest beta.

Loaded up 4 .ogg files using the naming info above, but did not put in the mod files.

Fired up the walkman, flipped to b-side and boom! CTD immediately. I did get the sound of the tape flip but that was it.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I cant get the B side to work either. I can get the click of it changing the tape, but it will play nothing on that side. Not tried it since the latest update, so cant comment on the recent crashes.

After flying a single player mission for more than one hour it crashed while switching to side B. DAMN! :cry:

OpenBeta 2.5.5.34864

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had this happen to me too. No log file was written, straight to desktop. I'd been playing for a while, then turned the music on, tried to switch sides (it didn't switch), so I hit stop, then switch sides and it CTD.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

@IronMike

Any update on the fix for this issue?

Just a thought, but is it possible to put a short "dead air" when fast fwd or rewinding? It would be nice to be able to know when the next song is starting.

They did have CD players too, so maybe have a CD option for next/prev track with more than 10 songs.

Just a thought. :D

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

• 2 weeks later...

This works fine for me with my set of 8 Bside songs. Do you have them labeled as BSideSong1, BSideSong2, BSideSong3, etc.?

If you don't hear anything when attempting to play them, then try the following: load in, press the walkman switch side keybind, press the walkman rewind button and let it rewind for a couple seconds (you should hear the mechanism rewinding), then play. You should be hearing the end of your last Bside song. After that, you should be able to rewind to the beginning and start from your first song. When trying to add my own Bside songs I was confused for a while, before realizing that it starts at the end of the last Bside song when you first switch sides (since that's actually modeled). Hope that makes sense. I would upload my song set if it weren't copyrighted music :(

Edited by HavaFaza

Sorry to those who experience it that we did not fix it yet, we are unfortunately not able to reproduce it ourselves and thus have no indication why it would happen or where, etc..

Those who experience it: would you mind reposting using the bug form that is stickied in this forum section? Maybe like that you and us stumble over something that points us in the right direction. Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...