Dedicated Server GUI doesn't work

MKLele

• ED Team
with using the GUI I have tried swr iron (chrome based) , opera , firefox

the only one that would work at all was firefox

Chrome anf Firefox should work, it's tested and confirmed by users.

MS browsers (IE, Edge) doesn't work, it's known issue and repair in progress.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I use Google Chrome. And yes it was working for me but since 2.5.5.31917 it just doesn't.

Many, many thanks for your personal opinion.

It is not just his personal opinion. I think many people have similar ones.

'Local web-GUI doesn't work' = 1 bit (one bit!) information, isn't it?

Unfortunately I don't understand you. If you mean that we didn't provide enough data please just tell us what exactly do you want from us to resolve this issue.

Edited by MisiuBPL
Wrong version

I've tried Firefox (Android and windows), Chrome (Android and Windows), Edge, Internet Exploder (Different machines were used including local servers)

To no avail.

However, here's another bit of information from the DCS.log:

ERROR WebGUI: While parsing encryptedRequest: StreamTransformationFilter: invalid PKCS #7 block padding found

Now we have two bits = 2 bits of information, don't we?

Updated my server at 8:30 this morning. Was flying in it till noon. Used the GUI the whole time. No issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Many, many thanks for your personal opinion.

For people who want to really solve issue:

'Local web-GUI doesn't work' = 1 bit (one bit!) information, isn't it?

So, for reproducing and repair we have to know details. FAQ says which basic details we need, additional information can be asked in separate threads.

Which browser do you use?

Without wanting to sound rude - did you look at my posts? I stated numerous times that I'd like to know what else we could provide since the FAQ you quoted is aimed at fixing DCS client errors not dedicated server issues.

I filled out that very template and this post was left ignored. Also I clearly stated that it was working before the update - was there anything changed that's related to browser compatibility so it would be worthwhile to follow that route any further? The changelog that was posted did not point towards such a thing and I'm sure the QA team would've tested at least the commonly used browsers right?

Just to give details of my browser situation:

Opera GX LVL1 (core: 60.0.3255.50747)

IE 11 version 11.0.9600.19356

Chrome version 75.0.3770.90

Opera version:60.0.3255.135

Firefox version: 67.0.2

Firefox nightly release: 2019-06-14-10-00-22

Vivaldi version: 2.6.1566.31

+ some others, including mobile, also tried different WAN networks and more. Can post all of them if required but as stated it worked before so I am 100% certain it's not a browser related issue.

It does affect both normal and -w servers.

The bug does not affect all users / servers.

Screenshots were provided

dcs.log was provided

Template was filled out

It was working before the update

In terms of troubleshooting I looked at the firewall, checked the ports, checked the routing, made sure no mods / addons were present, tried to run with clean saved games configs, without mission files, tried the local WebGUI, checked if any MS KB's were installed prior to the issue that could have affected this, lastly also tried re-install and other stuff I probably forgot

What's left is what else could we provide to get this bug looked at?

As I stated numerous times I'd gladly provide any other logs you need.

I'd also provide the opportunity of having a remote session and looking at the server with DCS staff if required.

Feel free to contact me here or directly if you need anything or if I can provide you with any more data.

Best regards

I too am unable to connect to the WebGUI either locally or remotely. Any attempt returns this entry in the log

2019-06-15 21:43:20.251 ERROR WebGUI: While parsing encryptedRequest: StreamTransformationFilter: invalid PKCS #7 block padding found

We're running several servers and only one of them is not working:

1. Windows 10, network #1, Host machine (aka "Great White"): Dashboard not working

2. Windows 10, network #1, Guest machine inside (aka "Pike"): Dashboard working

3. Windows 10, network #1, Host machine (aka "Jewfish"): Dashboard working

4. Windows 10, network #2, Guest machine in Linux (aka "Guppy"): Dashboard working

5. Windows 10, network #3, Guest machine in Linux (aka "West Coast"): Dashboard working

1. and 4. were, at first, had no working dashboard. Both servers were migrated from the old full-DCS install to the newer dedicated server build. After several days of troubleshooting we opted to reinstall windows on the #1 and recreate the entire guest KVM on #4. Now, #4 works but #1 still does not come up. What we're troubleshooting currently on #1 is network configuration. So far we've tried:

- Reinstalling DCS

- Changing WebGUI port

- Reinstalling Windows

- Disabling CORS in browser

- Checking for port conflicts

- Using working config from another server

No luck so far. If this is an issue pertaining to the WebGUI, I hope it's fixed soon.

• ED Team
Without wanting to sound rude - did you look at my posts?
Yes, I read it. You forgot to disable 3rd party mods.

Please understand me. It can be DCS bug, also it can be user bug. Note: many servers successfully worked in dedicated mode, I have no reports from beta-testers. So, based on given information I can't say more. We still trying to reproduce.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

Yes, I read it. You forgot to disable 3rd party mods.

Please understand me. It can be DCS bug, also it can be user bug. Note: many servers successfully worked in dedicated mode, I have no reports from beta-testers. So, based on given information I can't say more. We still trying to reproduce.

Doing my best to understand but this is not the kind of reply I expected when I asked if you read my posts. Quoting myself here

made sure no mods / addons were present, tried to run with clean saved games configs, without mission files,

To make things short: I tried everything to make this as vanilla as I can get for the install. Nothing was altered whatsoever - it still came up with the "server not responding" (even locally) right after the vanilla re-install.

By the way, the only mods that were ever used are Tacview and LotAtc. Both are simple copy & paste into ...saved games/"dcs-instance" mods - no core files are altered.

The only reason why I re-applied the mods later (last thursday) was to fly our mission on saturday (loading manually using the config files).

I also offered accessing the server in a session so you can scout around and see if there is anything amiss that shouldn't be there after a vanilla install using https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/ .

If you like we can do a full install of DCS from scratch again.

I can also send you a zipped copy of the saved games if you want to look around in the files.

We all want this bug to be fixed - there's numerous posts all over the forums. Let's try to work together here. There must be a condition for this to happen.

Is there anything you need?

Any other procedure or testing done, more detailed description of something, log(s) or file(s), a backup from saved games?

Best regards

Same here, I even formated and installed a new Windows, I did install from scratch with this link ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/ ), I followed instructions from this same link and it's still not starting.

@USSR_Rik In attachment you will find the logs, but if you just try the from scratch install you will reproduce the bug. (steps : install from scratch and start it)

Also some screens (language: French), because I'm not sure there is everything we should have:

unknown.png

(serverSettings.lua was here, but almost empty, for a test I tried to remove it to check if a repair or a new start will create a new default one, but nope, result is the same, even if I put it back).

unknown.png

If you can't reproduce the bug, tell us what else you need and I will share it.

logBugGUI.zip

Edited by astazou

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

@RIK we are really trying to help find a solution to our issue, it's hard to hear that the issue may be us! :(

Why just help us to help you? just tell what kind of test we need to take, and we will be very happy to help.

You know probably that all the posts here are to seek for help not to bother you, so tell us what is the next step you want us to make.

• ED Team

Ok, let's start from scratch. So, you can't connect via local web-gui launched from decktop icon to the started dedicated server (web-gui can't recognize working server):

1. Clean DCS server installation. There is not necessary to uninstall and download-install again - just make 'cleanup' then 'repair'. Exactly cleanup then repair, not vice versa.

2. No any mods. Note: LoTATC, TacView etc. are mods despite they do not changes DCS binary files. I can remember at least 2 cases when some of these mods crashes DCS. Again - no any mods including mods is Saved Games.

3. No any antiviruses, defenders etc. Disable them temporary.

4. Browser type

5. dcs.log, options.lua, serverSettings.lua, autoexec.cfg (if exists)

6. Are there any errors in browser log (F12 in Chrome) when you try to connect?

ADDED

7. Disable all browser extentions.

Edited by USSR_Rik

G.K. Chesterton

I have issue with Steam downloaded instance

In any cases steam only start run.exe.

And run.exe did not pass any custom parameter to DCS.exe

manuall command line start DCS.exe will not work neither, DCS will call steam then exit the current process anyway. steam.exe again will start run.exe and lost all parameter

In this case.

netsh did not show any listening ports beside 10308, nor any webgui entity in dcs.log. Obviously other thing like --norender did not work neither.

Can you make run.exe able to pass parameter to DCS. or let ppl set those via autoexec.cfg

Edited by Insonia

@USSR_Rik, here is my feedback:

1. Clean DCS server installation. There is not necessary to uninstall and download-install again - just make 'cleanup' then 'repair'. Exactly cleanup then repair, not vice versa.

I executed: "D:\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS_updater.exe" cleanup

==> "Successfully cleaned up."

Then I executed: "D:\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

It suggested me to do cleanup after repair I said "no"

==> "Successfully repaired version 2.5.5.32299@openbeta"

2. No any mods. Note: LoTATC, TacView etc. are mods despite they do not changes DCS binary files. I can remember at least 2 cases when some of these mods crashes DCS. Again - no any mods including mods is Saved Games.

No mod is installed, just DCS as vanilla.

No bot, no tacview, no SRS, ... nothing just DCS.

As I just reinstalled Windows, I don't have antivirus for now (I will see after the problem is fixed)

Defenders and firewalls are disabled

4. Browser type

Firefox Release - 67.0.1 - June 4, 2019

4bis. start the server

With icon from the desk

Waited some long minutes to be sure the server is started

The GUI is accessible by:

- clicking on the icon from the desk

- clicking on the index.html in D:\DCS World OpenBeta Server\WebGUI

- trying the access by the ED website => profile => my server, I see that:

unknown.png

But still the same problem =>

unknown.png

Note: my main computer with DCS World (different from the server) doesn't see the server in the server list, it is also on @openbeta branch

In attachment the folders "Config" and "Logs".

Here is the screen:

unknown.png

In english it means:

Blocking a Cross-Origin Request: The "Same Origin" policy does not allow you to view the remote resource located at http://localhost: 8088/encryptedRequest. Reason: The CORS header "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" is missing.

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

• ED Team

Thanks, looks like that is what we need (but I don't see any attachments with logs and configs). Reported to programmers for check.

G.K. Chesterton

• ED Team

Can you disable all browser extentions and check again?

G.K. Chesterton

Can you disable all browser extentions and check again?

I don't have extentions, vanilla firefox

For the attachment, I probably missed it. I uploaded it again

ConfigLog.zip

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

=> DONE

=> Cleared savedgames but serversettings.lua

=> None installed on the server

4. Browser type

=> Firefox 67.0.4, Google Chrome 75.0.3770.100

=> See attachments

=>Same error in both chrome and firefox

[b]localhost:8088/encryptedRequest:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 422 (Unprocessable Entity)
index.html#/en/settings:1 Access to fetch at 'http://localhost:8088/encryptedRequest' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.[/b]

7. Disable all browser extentions.

=> None installed

dcs.zip

Here the dedicated server no longer works.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

here working fine as usual

with crome, url: ...DCS_open_beta/WebGUI/index.html#/en/settings

server init batch file: start dcs.exe --server --norender -w servedFolder

edit: I use the normal digitalcombatsimulator.com DCS software in server mode

edit: "DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server" product don't need --server and/or --norender parameters even not need to specify write folder

Edited by discwalker
question from astazou

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

here working fine as usual

with crome, url: ...DCS_open_beta/WebGUI/index.html#/en/settings

server init batch file: start dcs.exe --server --norender -w servedFolder

Are you using a normal DCS World client version ?

Or the .exe dedicated to the server ( here : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/ ) ?

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place