Dedicated Server GUI doesn't work

MKLele

• ED Team

icemaker

Thanks for report

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

here working fine as usual

Are you using a normal DCS World client version ?

Or the .exe dedicated to the server ( here : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/ ) ?

edit: I use the normal digitalcombatsimulator.com DCS software in server mode

edit: "DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server" product don't need --server and/or --norender parameters even not need to specify write folder

So the problem may be related to the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server only, not to the client started in server mod

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

my just installed server starts up with (properties)

"xx:\DCS OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

> "DCS_updater.exe"!

not

"xx:\DCS OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe"

the latter which makes my WEB GUI cannot find the DCS server or the saved setup profile for the server

!

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

So the problem may be related to the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server only, not to the client started in server mod

I get the same bum's rush whichever version I use. Either the Open Beta or Dedicated server. I have the dedicated server as a separate install.

I try it every so often when I'm bored. :music_whistling:

Same Problem here……….Maybe this Help:

I´ll do

1 'cleanup' then 'repair'. Exactly cleanup then repair, not vice versa.

2. Not any mods.

3. Not any antiviruses, defenders etc. Disable them temporary.

4. Browser type

-> Microsoft Edge - no addons/blocker/extensions

5. dcs.log, options.lua, serverSettings.lua, autoexec.cfg (if exists)

look at attachments

6. Are there any errors in browser log (F12 in Chrome) when you try to connect?

no Errors

7. Disable all browser extentions.

i have None

i can see my Server in the serverbrowser and can join it, other People too.

but the webgui and the localhost "gui" doesnt work.

Attachments.zip

Edited by stefano
forget about Attachment

Some people has only the GUI not working.

Other people has the server not working and the GUI not working.

The newletter said next week we will have patch on the openBeta, do we already know if there is a fix that will be published for the server?

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Hi all,

I have been watching this thread with interest even though I have no problems as the local host CORS policy bug seems very odd to be showing up for a limited set of users.

For you guys, take a look here - Chrome seems to have a security pack that disable local file requests as part of the Cross-Origin policy: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3102819/disable-same-origin-policy-in-chrome

Hopefully that is of some help.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

• ED Team
Same Problem here....

4. Browser type

-> Microsoft Edge - no addons/blocker/extensions

Once again:

Chrome anf Firefox should work, it's tested and confirmed by users.

MS browsers (IE, Edge) doesn't work, it's known issue and repair in progress.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

• ED Team

My answer is for stefano , not for you.

G.K. Chesterton

Ok, let's start from scratch. So, you can't connect via local web-gui launched from decktop icon to the started dedicated server (web-gui can't recognize working server):

1. Clean DCS server installation. There is not necessary to uninstall and download-install again - just make 'cleanup' then 'repair'. Exactly cleanup then repair, not vice versa.

2. No any mods. Note: LoTATC, TacView etc. are mods despite they do not changes DCS binary files. I can remember at least 2 cases when some of these mods crashes DCS. Again - no any mods including mods is Saved Games.

3. No any antiviruses, defenders etc. Disable them temporary.

4. Browser type

6. Are there any errors in browser log (F12 in Chrome) when you try to connect?

ADDED

Any update on astazous report and mine?

I re-did the whole procedure again today since there were patches and hotfixes. No change.

I noticed something else though, since that cross site scripting error is a dead end. Just a warning on the local gui after all.

1. The server starts in big resolution (1280x768 on mine)

2. it seems to have an unoptimized options file

3. it does not create a serverSettings.lua anymore

As for the pointers:

1. Clean DCS server installation. There is not necessary to uninstall and download-install again - just make 'cleanup' then 'repair'. Exactly cleanup then repair, not vice versa.
    Did cleanup, then repair.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=213300&stc=1&d=1562445286
    attachment.php?attachmentid=213301&stc=1&d=1562445286
  2. No any mods. Note: LoTATC, TacView etc. are mods despite they do not changes DCS binary files. I can remember at least 2 cases when some of these mods crashes DCS. Again - no any mods including mods is Saved Games.
    Wiped the whole save games folder to make sure no mods are active. Game directory wasn't touched either.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=213302&stc=1&d=1562445324
  3. No any antiviruses, defenders etc. Disable them temporary.
    None used
  4. Browser type
    Used Firefox in this case - tried all the others as well though (see prior post). No change
    Added the whole saved games folder it created as a zip file in attachments: https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=213306&stc=1&d=1562445324
  6. Are there any errors in browser log (F12 in Chrome) when you try to connect? ADDED
    Not online. Locally yes, see screenshot 9 bugged
    attachment.php?attachmentid=213304&stc=1&d=1562445324
    attachment.php?attachmentid=213305&stc=1&d=1562445324
    None present

1_cleanup.thumb.PNG.a8a035f0fc8c04656e4776a12ede2e12.PNG

2_repair.thumb.PNG.54707c84456829394b2e48215d1d6576.PNG

3_start_clean.thumb.PNG.5a700aabdd49ff74c2d09ea5c5844147.PNG

3_start_clean_2.PNG.eac0085d4775f4c64a11d8e501a82bf0.PNG

9_bugged.thumb.PNG.0a2729b73e898cefac51803c70d89dae.PNG

9_bugged_2.thumb.PNG.a33a99a2dc185646554a88fb0fee2a14.PNG

DCS.openbeta_server.zip

Edited by Madfish

Best regards

Any update on astazous report and mine?

I re-did the whole procedure again today since there were patches and hotfixes. No change.

3. it does not create a serverSettings.lua anymore

Same here, yesterday, I even uninstalled DCS, deleted all old files, and reinstalled DCS again from this link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/

The serverSettings.lua is created for me but almost empty.

Here is all the content:

cfg={advanced={resume_mode=1}}

I noticed it's created if you install DCS, but not if you do cleanup and repair.

Anyway, I redid everything, checked everything (antivirus, firewall,...), still not working as before, I zipped the entire DCS.openbeta_server folder and I uploaded it here in attachment, inside you can see the tiny serverSettings.lua.

Tell us if we can do something else to help you. My squadron doesn't have server for weeks now, but we would be glad to help you to solve the solution.

If you are interested to exchange on Discord, PM me and we will track the bug together.

Thank you

DCS.openbeta_server.zip

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

Mine is running quite nicely.

Standard download, separate install,

run DCS_updater.exe, asks for update permission sometimes,

ask for permission to run on Local Network, granted, (no one missed this , right ?)

run Firefox link "x:\DCS OpenBeta Server\WebGui\index.html",

says server found, ask for port permission (8080), enter,

run .miz, Web Gui says 'started' or something

now run my regular DCS (VR), MP,

enter my local IP 192.168.x.xx (the local network IP)

and I am in the mission

no problems, latest update 2.5.5.33184

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• ED Team

Still can't reproduce here, beta-testers also can't.

I suspect issue is not in browser. Maybe it somewhere in OS or more precisely in windows security options (for example side effect of Parental Control etc etc).

Edited by USSR_Rik

G.K. Chesterton

ok, thanks for the feedback.

@USSR_Rik, did you tried with this installer? https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/

I will uninstall everything and try again from here this time.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/downloads/world/beta/

I keep you in touch.

My DCS contributions:
- My Discord bot:
this place

I suspect issue is not in browser. Maybe it somewhere in OS or more precisely in windows security options (for example side effect of Parental Control etc etc).

I'm not using parental controls on a Windows Server 2019.

The precise point of failure was specially the update to DCS open beta 2.5.5.31917

Nothing else was changed other than the DCS release. I have a hard time seeing a connection unless it's a base incompatibility of DCS with the OS itself.

Also why is the recovery process failing? The serverSettings.lua is created on fresh install but faulty.

With your described method it's not created at all and the options look faulty. Is that really an expected behavior? In case it's not (which I hope since it differs extremely from the behavior in the past) can you really not reproduce it?

Over the forums I count numerous people having the same issue - in case it's needed I will go through the threads and count.

Considering there's only just above 400 servers I'd say that's a considerable amount of at least 5% at which we'd cancel a rollout at work already.

Furthermore none of the recovery procedures you described are working - even a fresh install doesn't help.

Meanwhile, even basic things broke in the server like the -norender option.

Pages back I asked if there is any other procedures you want us to test. Is there anything we can provide you with? Remote access, system logs, testing procedures that are worked out by your Q&A team which it runs the software through before release?

Could you describe in basic detail what components need to be in the green for the WebGUI to work?

Feel free to contact me in case you want to test it in a remote session.

PS: could you elaborate on what you mean by:

I'm using DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server - I am not aware of a dedicated server realease that is not beta.

Hence I'm unsure to what beta-testers you are referring too - are we supposed to install a non-beta dedicated server?

As mentioned above I can only find the dedicated server on the English site - the German version (and others) don't have it at all.

EDIT

Could it be localization specific? Is there anyone having this issue on a 100% EN locale server?

Also added a TCPView - maybe it helps.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213444&stc=1&d=1562621901

TCPView_server.thumb.PNG.5dcc0bbdd08f7835f61afa6c7bd50a39.PNG

Edited by Madfish

Best regards

One more thing - I was contacted by a nice member of the community and we realized there was one thing we had in common: we are both running the dedicated server on Microsoft Windows Server 2016 / 2019 machines. Neither fresh installs nor the instructions provided by devs could fix it after the release of the DCS open beta dedicated server release 2.5.5.31917

We can, however, BOTH run it "magically" on normal Windows OS, like Windows 10 and 8.1 for example (haven't tested anything older).

Could you guys reading this please post what OS your dedicated server is working on / not working on?

Maybe I've been blind to this from the start since I never assumed that anybody would even attempt at hosting a dedicated server without a Windows Server platform - but it could just be the possibility that makes the most sense here. :helpsmilie:

Here's my testing so far:

Windows 8.1 > Working

Windows 10 > Working

Windows Server 2019 > Not Working

A friendly community member who contacted me:

Windows 10 > Working

Windows Server 2016 > Not Working

Best regards

• ED Team

G.K. Chesterton

You linked to the client for which it's 100% understandable but the dedicated server has the same issue:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server_beta/

I assume the system requirements for running dedicated permanently connected to the internet a server were just heavily inspired by the client.

Would be awesome if others can confirm if that is really the root cause for our problem.

It broke on build 2.5.5.31917 so it should be possible to find a workaround and a fix.

IF it is the issue (which is not proven yet imho) I'd add the following:

I'm honestly a bit surprised the dedicated server is not compatible with the server OS by default. This should be the base line for anyone trying to host this. Reconfiguring a normal windows 10 into a safe state is a mess and I doubt many do have a fitting local policy set laying around.

Furthermore you will literally fine no professional hosting company offering you a dedicated server with licensed OS that is windows 10. So we really need a fix if we were to use the dedicated server to improve the DCS multiplayer

Best regards

• ED Team
You linked to the client...
DS has the same system requirements.

I will discuss here ONLY hardware/software described on official site. Please understand:

- DS doesn't respond - it's (possible) bug.

- DS doesn't respond on Win Server is NOT a bug because of your software (Windows Server) doesn't meet system requirements. This is additional feature and it's already added to programmer's task.

Please don't mix it. Thanks.

PS Try to add lines

respect_alt_f4 = true

net.force_ipv4_lan=true

to 'Saved Games\%DCSDS%\autoexec.cfg'

Edited by USSR_Rik

G.K. Chesterton