Many mods don`t work in 2.5.5

ex81

It's a shame, I've verified that some of the ones I had installed do not work, I hope the incompatibilities with the mods are solved.

One of the strengths of DCS are the mods and we can include them easily when editing our missions, the community greatly appreciate the work of the modders, without them any simulator loses a lot of gameplay and followers along the way.

I hope to return soon...

I've never installed any mods before, so I don't know if I'm just screwing something up or they're just not working because of incompatibility.

Does this mod work for anyone? "Virtual Air Racing Pylons 2019 Mod" https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3196986/

I copied the files to Saved Games\DCS\Mods folder, and a few combinations, even tried a mod installer app, which crashed &^$%#

The Mirage F1 Mod seems to have stopped working, too. Yesterday I was chasing enemy afterburners without a plane in my Tomcat.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Hello Everyone,

Does the Civilian Aircraft Mod still work with 2.5.5.31917?

https://cam.em-key.de/#primary

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Cluster bomb dispensers and MER rack (and Im guessing all custom weapons) on A-4 affected.

We’ve already gotten new edm files for the affected weapons. Just need to get it tested before releasing an official patch.

And the VPC -Airfield-Equipment works half.

Some items are working yet, some others no

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

And the VPC -Airfield-Equipment works half.

Some items are working yet, some others no

...that's what makes me hope that someone can find a way to get all those mods working again. Dunno why only a part of the mod is affected.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

You are kidding right? They did it before, more than once. If a change is needed, they do it and that's the history of the matter.

It's clearly a texturing change and I'll guess at part of this VR optimisation process we are seeing, although that's just a guess based on the texture changing in the scenery and the whopping sized update last wednesday.

I doubt ED would purposefully change their EDM support to disable numerous mods and potentially upset a big portion of the DCS community. I hope the modders can make the models up to date with the newest export tool.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Guys.

If only some part of some mods are affected, it's for a very simple reason.

If you look at the EDM files, you will always see that the models which don't work are from early-mid 2017 or previous to this.

There is strictly no way to create a tool to convert an old EDM file to a recent one. The EDM is an encrypted file, and the process to create an EDM too is an encrypted process. Even if you get a good coder, he at least needs to be able to understand how the stuff works. There he simply can't. And even if he could, it wouldn't be legal.

So sorry to make some people sad but the only, sole solution to get the broken mods to work again is to get their dev, who own the original 3D model (which is not yet converted in EDM format), to download the latest EDM plug in and to create new EDM to replace the older ones. And this is when they own it, because a lot of modders used older EDM models with retexturing, and so didn't own the original 3DS/Blender/Maya file (sometimes even without the original author permission but it's another debate, now they are ****ed and it's karma)

For the remaining part. It is understandable that a lot of people are unhappy. But tbh : ED already makes itself sure that everyday, for several years, the latest EDM plug in is made public and availabe for free to download. The only thing, it is true, is that they could have warned the community of the changes they planned with 2.5.5. But the last EDM formats simply are more optimized for the current DCS, and themselves they took time to convert all their EDM to the new format (And I can garantee you that there are more than all the community mods put together).

So well, there is nothing to do. I'm trying on my side to create you a pack to replace stuff that you lost with this update. But I need your help and suggestions. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242793

I won't replace everything, but I will try to help you a bit. This, unfortunately, is the only way left if the original dev doesn't want to update his pack, which is understandable because it is a lot of work.

And @Pikey : Nope, no texture change. The engine probably was a bit modified so it renders things differently. If it only was this, yep, you only would have to convert textures to a new format. It's not this, guaranteed.

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

476th Range Objects mod has been updated to work in 2.5.5

Thanks a lot for the quick fix :D ... downloading now :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The graphics changes happen all the time,

As DCS Moves to Purely PBR Rendering and Eventually Vulkan, older EDM Formats and the shaders / materials along with it are depreciated.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In one of my missions, I noticed that the C-130 seems to be missing, too. I know it's not a mod, but I thought that problem might be related - anyone else's Hercules is gone?

• 3 months later...

Civ. Aircraft Mod

Hello Everyone,

Does the Civilian Aircraft Mod still work with 2.5.5.31917?

https://cam.em-key.de/#primary

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Hi Monnie, On my system the Civil Aircraft Mod loads, but causes all player -flown aircraft to crash DCS on touchdown, so I have deleted it and have run a repair.

Many other good user mods are now also broken (Ju 88, He 111 and WWII Objects for example).

Hope corrections are made soon.

Regards,

Mich.