Huge memory usage?

That's normal, it's usually around 19GB for me unless I do a lot of stuff it does get up to 23 also and depends on how many big-livery aircraft you viewed or loaded up, DCS would optimally need a lot more RAM than this, but it is able to keep it down.

While 32 GB RAM is optimal for not having to close down browsers and other stuff but 24 GB should work fine too, it's on the edge tho, that's how I have seen it behave.

There was a graphics memory leak fix in the recent OB patch, it might be the one I reported, still, I think it won't drastically lower the RAM consumption on normal play, but I can't test it yet because I'm on Stable branch only.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

In multiplayer, depending the amount of players and ground objects, it can be very RAM intensive.

I only have 16GB and on some servers, sometimes I get very low fps on the ground.

What I did is set a pagefile manually on one of my unused hardrives. It helped me but I still have the occasional stutters and low framerates on servers hosting very heavy missions.

Hopefully one day they will improve their engine and make it use all the cores of our cpu because right now, my cpu usage is like around 20-25% usage whereas my RAM is 80% of more.

But yeah if you want a smooth experience in MP, you probably need 32GB of RAM, though this is just what i have read, i have never tried it personally to assess the difference.

That's normal, it's usually around 19GB for me unless I do a lot of stuff it does get up to 23 also and depends on how many big-livery aircraft you viewed or loaded up, DCS would optimally need a lot more RAM than this, but it is able to keep it down.

While 32 GB RAM is optimal for not having to close down browsers and other stuff but 24 GB should work fine too, it's on the edge tho, that's how I have seen it behave.

There was a graphics memory leak fix in the recent OB patch, it might be the one I reported, still, I think it won't drastically lower the RAM consumption on normal play, but I can't test it yet because I'm on Stable branch only.

im having that vram leak or something too. My fps dibs around 40's while im looking at city in caucasus then it recovers after 2-3 sec immediately then it starting again after 10 sec

haven't tried open beta for now still waiting for stable

i have 4 gb of VRAM (RX 570) everythings almost maxed out expect shadows (medium)

im having that vram leak or something too. My fps dibs around 40's while im looking at city in caucasus then it recovers after 2-3 sec immediately then it starting again after 10 sec

haven't tried open beta for now still waiting for stable

i have 4 gb of VRAM (RX 570) everythings almost maxed out expect shadows (medium)

When you look at city that is draw call stuttering and driver overhead, this and other such cases (tons of trees) is the whole reason Vulkan API is being developed, because it's such a stupid issue that should have been fixed by the computer industry ages ago.

4GB of VRAM kinda won't be enough, stuff takes around 4-6, it goes up if you do more action and units (liveries)

Also graphics memory leak or memory hogging fix (I tend to call it "hogging" when it's not leaking by it self) recently may have also affected the use of VRAM in normal situations so it could be potentially lower requirement, we'll see.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Same problem, also 24gb of ram. FPS Drops to single digit while the game is uses >20Gb of the ram while on previous patches it would stay bellow 12gb most times.

I know that this phrase is used a lot as an exaggeration, but on my case the game is literally unplayable on this version, I can't get consistent fps for more than 10s before it goes back to <10 while windows keeps writing GBs to the pagefile all the time.

I noticed the same, after 2.5.5 release my ram usage increased, in a single free flight, normally my ram usage about 8gb but after update I notice 11gb ram use everytime.

I can not add any ai in this situation:(

my total ram 16gb

You guys would need to provide more details for it to be taken up, because if it's too vague it could be anything, browsers take a lot of RAM even when not playing video and it can easily be confusing, need some good data, take screenshots of the task manager Memory view, the whole thing so we can see Commit as well, and also check how big the pagefile is.