Crashing on startup and yaw dampers completely glitched

Basically the game crashes when we press F3 to apply ground air supply, so we have to auto-start to fly it.

Then in the air for some reason the rudder starts to wiggle, it only happens when the yaw dampers is on, it stops when it's off. Here's the video proof.

I translated all the necessary information since we were speaking Turkish.

Thanks in advance

Edited by TheEmeraldSkills

Basically the game crashes when we press F3 to apply ground air supply, so we have to auto-start to fly it.

I don't know who 'we' is, since I don't have any problems with the ground air supply or the yaw damper.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Update until now:

I did the DCS repair, still crashes on startup.

For the rudder, it got fixed for 5 minutes. Then when getting at about 450kts the shaking started again. It happened to me, and pretty much all of my piltos (5 pilots), all of our rudder starts shaking at about 450kts, over that at about 550 it stops and under at about 350 - 300 it stops...

Turbulences are off and auto trim too.

This happened only since the update, it happens on Steam and Standalone version.

Couple days on the Growling Sidewinder server several other people and I had the same problem with CTD when trying to contact ground crew. It also crashed when I tried to contact AWACS, and I tried it by clicking on the screen. This started with the latest open beta patch. When I tried to contact ground crew in single player it did not crash.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Maybe an issue with the comms menu ? I've just tried to ask wingman to engage ground targets (F1>F1>F5), DCS crashed.

Single player, F-5 instant mission, steam open beta.

Edited by Clorydric

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

F-5E Startup Crash

5-10-19 Version 5.5.5 (beta). Started with the F-5E went into sim. As soon as I tried the comms menu to get power connected. F8 was fine, requested hook up electrical but the sim crashed when I selected F2 to turn on, Crashed twice in a row.

Just want to report that out of 6, we all have the rudder wobbling induced by "YAW" Damper.

DCS OB: 2.5.5.31917

Edited by PSV_Tango

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

+1 Can confirm. happened to me 3 times today with instant CTD.

1 in SP, requesting rearming from a hot start.

2 in MP from cold when contacting Ground Crew for power.

I did not try to test any more variables as it seems quite consistent - Something is rather broken with the F-5E and the comms menu at the moment.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

I don't know who 'we' is, since I don't have any problems with the ground air supply or the yaw damper.

Same, here! Works for me A-OK.

Using the 2.5.5 Beta's latest build in Multiplayer on the Buddyspike--Persian Gulf server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 Can confirm. happened to me 3 times today with instant CTD.

1 in SP, requesting rearming from a hot start.

2 in MP from cold when contacting Ground Crew for power.

I did not try to test any more variables as it seems quite consistent - Something is rather broken with the F-5E and the comms menu at the moment.

Same, here! Works for me A-OK.

Using the 2.5.5 Beta's latest build in Multiplayer on the Buddyspike--Persian Gulf server.

Time for me to eat a bit of humble pie and apologize to any devs that may have investigated based on my previous post...

Found the problem - I hadn't disabled 2 little mods made for the F-5E...that for quite some time had worked happily without issue through multiple game updates. Not trying to excuse, just mentioning.

One that fixes the RWR search function, and another that hacked in NVG support. Both caused a crash on the comms menu.

Anyone else experiencing the same, double check your F-5E mods, if using any at all.

Brick.

EDIT: Disregard all of the above. Crashes still persisted. Disabled all mods, still crashed. Did a clean & repair...All good. Re-enabled all mods. All good.

Apologies, I'll shut up on the whole subject now.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

I ran a repair and tried to reproduce the crash and so far no crash when using comms, so that may have fix it.

Nope, crashed again

Edited by Mortisrose
crashed again

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Hi again, obviously comms issue were fixed in the last patch "2.5.5.32299 Open Beta"

But the YAW issue is still here for the moment noticed "ONLY IN MULTIPLAYER" and make the plane not flyable with the yaw damper enabled.

Attached to this message my track file (clean dcs, no mods). Enabling and disabling the yaw damper you can notice the difference.

So hope you can fix it ASAP.

Yaw Damper Activated:

Disabeling the Damper[You will notice it]:

Thank you!

EDIT: Issue not showing up on track

Yaw Issue.zip

Edited by PSV_Tango

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Are there any developers still watching this part of the forums or not at all? Because bug not reported, and then it's a major bug, which will definitely happen on the stable version.

Then again, we're not going to deny it. The f-5 is not a reference in module quality, bug still there since 2016. I don't want to blame the developers or moderators, but after a while.... Sorry to be a little harsh.

Have a good week-end!

Edited by PSV_Tango

Are there any developers still watching this part of the forums or not at all? Because bug not reported, and then it's a major bug, which will definitely happen on the stable version.

Then again, we're not going to deny it. The f-5 is not a reference in module quality, bug still there since 2016. I don't want to blame the developers or moderators, but after a while.... Sorry to be a little harsh.

Agreed for what we payed i expect at least major bug fixes