Will we be getting the SUU-20

KalAbaddon

I never seen it with rockets loaded, that would be epic if you would include that as well.

But a SUU-20 with BDU's was a very common loadout for training at least at Shaw iirc during that era. (not sure about ANG)

Anyways, just one of the weird pods that really stuck with me from back then and thought it would be cool to have.

Edited by KalAbaddon

• 3 months later...

I hated those dang things!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

I never seen it with rockets loaded, that would be epic if you would include that as well.

But a SUU-20 with BDU's was a very common loadout for training at least at Shaw iirc during that era. (not sure about ANG)

Anyways, just one of the weird pods that really stuck with me from back then and thought it would be cool to have.

Saw em all the time at Luke AFB. SUU on one side and a TER on the other. Never once saw rockets loaded into a SUU.

Where you weapons, iirc weapons would complain about how the bdu's where loaded? Me as a former crew chief never interacted with it so was just a nifty looking piece of tech.

Yep, was, and still am weapons!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Saw em all the time at Luke AFB. SUU on one side and a TER on the other. Never once saw rockets loaded into a SUU.

As far as I heard the rocket launching capability was removed really early in their lifetime cause the rockets had a tendency to go anywhere and launch when they felt like it.

Might be interesting for DCS cause they will have a hung bomb if you don't hold the release long enough cause of the older style bomb drop ( also from complains I vaguely remember hearing, not what I know for fact.) Would be cool for different training missions and stuff.

Edited by KalAbaddon

Yep, was, and still am weapons!

Cool, iirc complains of hung bombs and just them being a pita to work on from weapons while working on my jet was common! :)

I am really excited for this viper in dcs cause I was based in Misawa and Shaw during the timeframe of the aircraft they are modeling so I am familiar with this exact era/block F-16

We had a specially painted SUU-20 pod up in Bodø while I was serving as an F16-groundie here in Norway. I've asked some of those I know that still serve about pictures of it so that I hopefully can get someone to make a skin for it.

Was painted as a dragon, basically.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

We had a specially painted SUU-20 pod up in Bodø while I was serving as an F16-groundie here in Norway. I've asked some of those I know that still serve about pictures of it so that I hopefully can get someone to make a skin for it.

Was painted as a dragon, basically.

When was this? Never saw that one. The SUU20 was out of service when I was working up there.

When was this? Never saw that one. The SUU20 was out of service when I was working up there.

Back in 2000. I think it only flew a couple of times that year during the summer, and was stored in Hangar 2 most of the time. It's also known as a CRV-7.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 2:53 PM, Smoked said:

Not listed in the roadmap so probably not.. At least not in the listed phases.. 

That is why I am asking for it in the Wishlist area :).    I am hoping that me bringing it up attracts like minded people who also want it in the game to positively comment.   So maybe not now or this year, but sometime.  I am ok with that.  Don't think I am spamming or anything,  tend to wait a while between posts on it unless replying.