[NO BUG] Electric Kill Switch: no Function

LeCuvier

I understand that depressing this button should stop the engine. It doesn't. I can depress the button with my mouse in the cockpit and it produces a clicking noise; but the engine keeps running. I have bound a momentary switch to the command and it depresses the button and produces the clicking noise, but the engine keeps running.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

This is an emergency Button.

It kill the elektrik power when you push it.

In original he is an springloadet soft Push Button.

And you hear nothing.

Ok i test it, I had one in my collection,

a liittle bit of scraping can you hear.he is old :)

But when the Engine running i can say you can hear nothing

Edited by Fritz17031962

I see. The kill switch disconnects battery and generator. This disables everything that requires electric power, incl. trim and flaps. Interestingly, the flight instruments keep working. And the engine keeps running.

Not that it is important, but there definitely is a clicking noise which is generated by the second one of the lines for the kill switch in "clickabledata.lua":

elements["pntr_079"]     = default_button(_("Electric Kill-switch"), devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, device_commands.Button_75, 79)
elements["pntr_079"].sound = {{SOUND_RED_BTN_OFF,SOUND_RED_BTN_ON},{SOUND_RED_BTN_OFF,SOUND_RED_BTN_ON}}

So the fact that the engine keeps running is apparently not a bug.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

So the fact that the engine keeps running is apparently not a bug.

No bug. Any reciprocating aircraft engine will run without external electrical power, unlike your car for example. Aircraft engines have magnetos that are independent of the electrical system (if there is one) and of course dual mags for redundancy.

For anyone who's had alternator/generator failure in a car, you know the headlights (seems it's always at night :smilewink:) get dimmer and dimmer and then finally the engine dies. In a car, the electrical system provides power to the ignition system, so no electricity = no engine.

Edited by flyingfed