Scramble- how long to start the jet

jason_peters

When the plane is cold and dark and these is a scramble on the ship - how long to start the jet and get airborne. Is there a vid of this aligning to that timing?

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Are you talking real world here or in game?

Real World you'd be hard pressed to find a time when a Ready/Alert jet isn't ready to launch off the cat within five minutes.

In game you can likely get the jet up in the air in about three minutes. This is without rearm and neglecting CV alignment and going for IFA instead.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Our QRA is usually 15 minutes, so "plenty" of time for cold and dark (from an airfield tho).

Why 15 minutes? Assuming that’s from climbing into the cockpit to the plane starts rolling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Shouldn't take more than 3-5 mins depending on how much thorough you are with your checks.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Why 15 minutes? Assuming that’s from climbing into the cockpit to the plane starts rolling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, 15 mins for drinking coffee, walk to the jet, chit chat around, and then slowly start the aircraft and the rest until airborn.

As JayBird pointed out, the aircraft carriers tend to have planes specifically on stand-by for that sort of thing when the necessity is at all expected. Those are to be launched and brought to station within 5 minutes, so take off time is much shorter than that. But then, they are engines running and everything ready.

The time it actually takes to scramble an interceptor from an airbase is probably not exactly advertised - it differs from types flown, national doctrine and maybe even squadron and base in question, but air bases are stationary and the time it takes for a threat to move from first radar warnings to any possible target can be planned for.

Out of curiosity, are you asking because of mission building? Do you need to know so that you can set appropriate timers for triggers, etc?

If so you can actually set a master offset timer using flags.

Example:

Once > time more than 5 > Flag 1 On

Once > time since flag 5 > AI Task Push

The AI task will always happen 5 seconds after the flag turns on, and you can push back the time that the flag activates with the first trigger, so the AI task can be delayed by any amount over 5 seconds. With this you can adjust the mission start time to anything you want.

I'm not sure if this is what you needed, just a guess since I've thought about making missions adjustable for different module start times.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

IIRC there are "alert 5" and "alert 15" planes on a carrier if the situation calls for it.

the "alert 5" planes are setup ready to go and the pilots are in their flight gear all the time waiting for the call.

The "alert 15" are prepped but cold and the pilots have to dress first too.

In this documentary (which is actually quite interesting and good as a whole) you see (F-14) Pilots sleeping in the cockpit as well as a small assigned ground crew resting beside the aircraft because there is no time to waste. This was for the F-14 but maybe a similar scenario also existed for for Hornets or does exist.