[CORRECT AS IS] F/A-18 ADV Line covering the left DDI,is reality?

jay20041269

I found a real F/A-18D video in which the Adv line on the left DDI does show, but it's not a black bar across the whole DDI, it's like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=212317&stc=1&d=1560986212

attachment.php?attachmentid=212318&stc=1&d=1560986212

attachment.php?attachmentid=212319&stc=1&d=1560986212

attachment.php?attachmentid=212320&stc=1&d=1560986219

Will F/A-18 Lot 20 in DCS fix this problem?

Video URL(02:57):

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av4300462?t=177

F/A-18D大黄蜂---海军陆战队“蝙蝠中队”年度剪辑【VMFA(AW)-242】

I hope you can reply to your views on ADV LINE black bar in this post in order to get formal feedback from ED.

I can understand that AGM65 has a unreal option. I also believe that ED says they want to develop the most realistic simulated flight.

Therefore, when confronted with ADV LINE black bar, it is obviously a silly problem.ED actually says that this is real, and we will not improve.

which troubles me very much.

--------------updata---------------------

No, it's not a bug. You can even see the same on the F-18E.

Check here,on your image.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212353&stc=1&d=1561054672

Normal after entering A/A. It's different from the real display.

1.When a "HOME FULE" or "BINGO" or "INLET ICE" prompt appears, check the lower left corner again and compare your image.

2.Check TDC icon,on your image,the TDC number cover over ADV LINE.Check it.

Have other reasons?

Edited by jay20041269

Great finding. Hope ED can do something about this. Should be a relatively easy fix I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Still green even in the supers.

Only the oldest lot Rhinos have the Legacy-style monochrome green. The vast majority have moved on from that. Fun fact, in the Rhino if you hold down the menu button, it will “acknowledge” the advisories and clear them off your screen.

Only the oldest lot Rhinos have the Legacy-style monochrome green. The vast majority have moved on from that. Fun fact, in the Rhino if you hold down the menu button, it will “acknowledge” the advisories and clear them off your screen.

I know they have better dispalys, but even in the new E's, F's, and G's the advisories and cautions still come up in the same green format.

I know they have better dispalys, but even in the new E's, F's, and G's the advisories and cautions still come up in the same green format.

Block II Rhinos use different screens in which everything green is replaced by white, that includes the ADV-line. Everything Yellow stays Yellow and Red stays Red for obvious reasons.

I don't think the "box" should be as prominent as it is in the DCS Hornet, but iirc Wags once said that indeed it was the case irl, so i'm taking his word on this.

Only the lowest lot or two have the green. Everything above that (which is the vast majority) have white.

Still green even in the supers.

only LOT 21-24 block 1 Supers had the same Green CRT based DDI Screens as Legacy Hornets.

5adc67940e2e60d59ad8dd53fd71232f.jpg

Starting Lot 25 production they had new LCD colour DDI's installed and a change in software which swapped Green UI to White. Even the Caution/ advisory popups are no longer green as you can see below in left DDI.

6a5k5zN.png

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

So, getting back on track... it's clear from the photos that there is no solid black bar. And I think Greg confirmed as much in his discord, but I can't be sure. So why are we still seeing this? It really is a nuisance. If Wags says it will stay in, then I'd like to at least have confirmation that lot 20s behave like that.

Normal after entering A/A. It's different from the real display.

1.When a "HOME FULE" or "BINGO" or "INLET ICE" prompt appears, check the lower left corner again and compare your image.

2.Check TDC icon,on your image,the TDC number cover over ADV LINE.Check it.

Have other reasons?

• 2 months later...
Check here,on your image.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212353&stc=1&d=1561054672

BTW kinda OT but what is that thing on the Radar?

IT looks like a monochrome map ( perhaps A/G radar mapping?) of an island or something? in A2A RDR page mode? and showing a way point?

Im confused.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 years later...

Not a bug, the Advisory line cuts off information on that part of the screen. The left DDI is not intended to be used for data-sensitive pages like SA or ATTK RDR.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/