Free map of "La Ferté-Alais" available

Just read about this map made publicly available to DCS users.

La Ferté-Alais is a town located 40 km SW from Paris known for its annual air show.

You can download this free map here: http://virtualferte.fr/carte-publique-pour-dcs-mod-gratuit/

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

This map does not look that good to be honest. It almost looks like a copy and paste of a google maps image.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Here are a few answers to the posts above.

BTW, I'm NOT the author of this map. I'm just someone who found it by chance.

To install it, pretty easy:

- download the archive

- unzip it in your DCS Saved games folder (something like C:\Users\<userxxxxx>\Saved Games\DCS

- launch DCS

You get the Alphajet mod plane which you can fly anywhere like a regular DCS plane and a few other non-flyable planes like a Concorde.

You get this small map which you can get access to by:

- go to Missions

- select Map VFA

- at start of the mission, you can select the plane you like

I agree this map is very small and feel like flying over GoogleMaps images, but ... it's free.

It looks like they're working on a larger and much nicer map, not available so far.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

I can't get it to work either. Neither by installing in 'Saved Games' or in main DCS folder. It does not show up on the map list when making a new mission.

Nvmnd, got it working.

As is, this is not very interesting, BUT: If they make progress in terms of scale, resolution, populating with buildings etc- it could be VERY interesting.

Edited by zionid

If you installed it per the instructions, you will find it under static objects.

It fits best on the Caucasus map.

Place on a flat green area in the ME.

map2.jpg

map.jpg

Hope this helps.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

So it's actually one huge static object, not a new map.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "