Radar not detecting A-A objects

Europa

I have this problem for a while. I can't see any AA objects in my radar. Sometimes it can detect some but in a short while they disappear and no more show up.

Radar Settings:

A/A Mode selected

Master Arm - Armed

Radar Sensor Switch OPR

A/A Weapons Selected

Radar in OPR/CH11/RWS

Threats reported by AWASC, heading HOT (coming head on), they are at same altitude and the are in range of my Radar. Radar elevation set for same altitude. I make sure radar cone is painting the treats but I cant see anything.

I through 1B, 2B, 4B etc, cycle scan Azimut, cycle ranges still nothing.

Also I check target aging 8-16 secs, I cycle throug but still nothing.

Any ideas? What am I missing here?

Try this: switch to gun if that happens, and then back to the missile. The targets should reappear.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

cycling through stuff isn't going to get you a "contact".

i'd suggest you post a screenshot if your having anymore issues, but it seems like your missing the radar aspect setting, med, int, hi. so maybe ur radar is in pol mode for aim-7; who knows. but that sounds like ur issue.

so a contact 40nm w/ ecm on, hot.

you would need ur radar set to hi, 80 range 2b, and 20 sweep w/ the correct alt range. point being you want to scan a very small area to find ur target, then expand your search range to see if you can keep it.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

can you post a track or tacview if you got it?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Try this: switch to gun if that happens, and then back to the missile. The targets should reappear.

cycling through stuff isn't going to get you a "contact".

Actually this does work, I have had the same problem before.

It must be a bug in the radar system modelling that gets reset when you change modes.

I haven't been able to find a repeatable way to cause the bug to appear though.

It must be a bug in the radar system modelling that gets reset when you change modes.

Usually on me it was that locking one target and then unlocking or losing lock caused to radar go blank until I switched to gun and back.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

its pretty easy to cause the f18 radar to stop scanning elevation, or get stuck in pol mode. cycling to gun is not a answer sorry. posting in the bug thread would be; but those issues are still know and being working on.

presuming the radar is working and not seeing contacts is a matter of setting the correct parameters.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

I already thought that only I have such a problem. Radar often does not see the goals that are ahead of me. He can start a friendly plane, even if it's almost behind me and not an enemy plane. When I have a blocked goal, I often do not measure distance from the target, you do not see "SHOOT", even if the target is close to me.

This makes the game very difficult, especially on the multi server.

I have had this problem as well. I got it fixed by going to the DATA page, and there I noticed DECLUTTER2 was selected somehow. So I switched the radar back to normal and then to DECLUTTER1.

That made the contacts re-appear.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset