[REPORTED] Remove Objects Trigger Fault

Cauacasus Map - A number of vehicles on and around the aircraft handling areas cannot be removed using this function, Russian APA, Fire Engine, Kamaz Tent, Gaz66 to name a few.

These vehicles are not created by the Shapes Folder edm's as they were in the earlier versions of the game, you can remove the edm completely from the shapes folder and it still appears as a 'static building' on the actual map, so they they now appear to be a part of the map in the same way that many of the buildings now appear. Those buildings can still be removed using the remove objects filter but the vehicles remain stubbornly there.

With this you can reproduce

I just do what crazyeddie said in the opening post.

When you run the mission, look around Shilkas ("F7") for airport vehicles before use the "" - "F10" radio menu. To look what should disappear.

Airport static wehicles and airport radars not shown by mission design time - bad.

How can I create a trigger zone to over an unknown object position??!!

remove objects for option F1. Work for airport buildings. but not for reflector gaz-66, btr-80, ural-375, uaz - around those buildings.

(Now flagpoles are disappear as objects - good.)

Then you can destroy everything with option F2.

(Scenery destruction zone is too radical, because destroy surroundings over the border of the trigger zone.)

airport_vehicles_not_visible_on_ME_map.miz

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 10 months later...

track file showing fix is still internal

2_5_6_47404_scenery_remove_objects_zone_fix_is_still_internal.trk:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/543358251694292992/711350347460903003/2_5_6_47404_scenery_remove_objects_zone_fix_is_still_internal.trk combined arms needed to replay

at first: SCENERY REMOVE OBJECTS ZONE leave vehicles

Screen_200517_003537gudautaREM.jpg

at second: other trigger working outside zones!

Screen_200517_003734gudautaDEST.jpg

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 2 years later...
On 5/23/2022 at 8:33 AM, NineLine said:

Can you supply a track or the mission where you are seeing the issue please?

Shure, here is a mission file trying to remove everything at Gudauta, but some static vehicles does not get removed.

dcs - static objects not removed.jpg

Test-Remove-Scenery-Objects.miz

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

This issue still hasn't been fixed.  Remove objects type trees has been broken for quite some time (Years) It looks like it happened after trees became collidable.  Remove ALL objects in zone works for everything as far as can see including trees, just removing trees has no effect.  

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that it is related to all objects that are NOT visible in the ME but are still there in-game. For example some of the super-large russian fuel trucks are visible in the ME and can be removed, see screenshot 1.

Screen_230725_211807.jpg

Some are not visible in ME however, like one at Anapa, but in-game it's there and cannot be removed by a trigger, see screenshot 2 and 3.

Screen_230725_212038.jpg

Screen_230725_211711.jpg

You can see that the smaller trucks are also not visible in ME and cannot be removed by a trigger.

(I know in the last screenshot there is no trigger zone, I already deleted it as it simply wasn't working, as described by other users)