Cockpit sound guide?

pickafivestring

I don't know, but off the top of my head:

*Diddle diddle: Yellow Master Caution light is lit and you should check your Advisories.

*Low pitch dud dud dud: Gear handle is blinking, indicating that you're low and slow and you should drop the gear.

*High pitch did did did: Your AOA is too high.

For RWR:

*Three progressively higher pitched duds: System startup.

*Single beep: New surface radar.

*Waterfall sound: New airborne radar.

*Medium pitch, medium frequency beep: Radar is locking you.

*Medium pitch, high frequency beep: Radar is locking you and is supporting a missile launch towards you.

Note, the last two can potentially also occur if a radar is locking and/or launching towards an aircraft near you. I'm not sure if this is a bug.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You made an excellent purchase, in my opinion. You'll get used to the different sounds in no time

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

@harker

Thanks for that!

Made the decision to grab the Hornet this week during the summer sale. I've been watching some videos, and streams, and keep hearing these tones.

Thanks again.

Pick

Great buy. The Hornet as far as I am concern is the most interesting and modern aircraft in dcs. Amazing to fly as it is now and it still has a lot of great features to be implemented.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset