T50CM Throttle is awesomeness

Johnny Dioxin

Got a copy/paste response from Virpil regarding my order and it being 2 weeks and nothing happening, which gives me zero help and makes this the last order I'll be making.

I'll keep my current pedals.

Never known such poor business practices, especially for expensive, top-end gear. Had to chase them up last time, as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your ordering experience. Please note that we frequently get questions regarding order processing times, but the answer can be found on our website delivery information page: We estimate 7 working days for order processing, but during times of high demand this can reach up to 14 working days. I apologise if the information provided on your support ticket reply did not clarify this, but you can of course respond to the reply from our support team for further information - but I do not believe we received any further messages?

Pre-orders for unreleased items will of course only be dispatched once they become available.

We've been processing pre-orders as well as new orders so we're under a huge amount of demand at the moment, but we're working through the order queue as quickly as we can.

If you're order is outside of the 14 working day estimate, please let me know your order number (but this should have been picked up on your support ticket enquiry if you were outside of this window - and if you were, an explanation would have been provided), and I will chase this up for you :thumbup:

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can anyone with a throttle that has a mini stick try something please

1. load up virpil software and select throttle, click load profile and go to buttons tab

2. try each hat in turn, try a diagonal movement do any indicators light up?

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your ordering experience. Please note that we frequently get questions regarding order processing times, but the answer can be found on our website delivery information page: We estimate 7 working days for order processing, but during times of high demand this can reach up to 14 working days. I apologise if the information provided on your support ticket reply did not clarify this, but you can of course respond to the reply from our support team for further information - but I do not believe we received any further messages?

Pre-orders for unreleased items will of course only be dispatched once they become available.

We've been processing pre-orders as well as new orders so we're under a huge amount of demand at the moment, but we're working through the order queue as quickly as we can.

If you're order is outside of the 14 working day estimate, please let me know your order number (but this should have been picked up on your support ticket enquiry if you were outside of this window - and if you were, an explanation would have been provided), and I will chase this up for you :thumbup:

Hey Cypher. Enjoying all the virpil products. Have quite a few of them. Have more coming. Just want to comment on the timeline. If virpil has a product “in stock”, 14 days seems pretty ridiculous for a processing time. Even 7 days is. If it’s in stock, most companies will have that out to you in a day or two if not the same day depending on what time of day an order gets to them. I just ordered a monstertech deskmount the day after I ordered a virpil t50 base. The desk mount arrived 2 days ago from overseas and virpil hasn’t even finished the “processing” end of things. Kind of slow, no?

Hey Cypher. Enjoying all the virpil products. Have quite a few of them. Have more coming. Just want to comment on the timeline. If virpil has a product “in stock”, 14 days seems pretty ridiculous for a processing time. Even 7 days is. If it’s in stock, most companies will have that out to you in a day or two if not the same day depending on what time of day an order gets to them. I just ordered a monstertech deskmount the day after I ordered a virpil t50 base. The desk mount arrived 2 days ago from overseas and virpil hasn’t even finished the “processing” end of things. Kind of slow, no?

Hi chief!

Things are currently running slower than usual as we had received a huge number of pre-orders. After feedback from our previous pre-order run, these pre-orders have been prioritised in the dispatch queue as soon as the stock becomes available. New orders from warehouse stock are put at the end of the dispatch queue.

The alternative is to simply not allow any new orders until later date, even though there is available stock - but this would cause more complaints and ultimately the wait time would be the same (as you wouldn't be able to secure your order), just the order creation date would be later.

We try to be as transparent as possible with the order processing time especially over the past month while we've been dealing with pre-orders alongside new store orders. I believe we've reached the end of a big bulk of pre-orders in the queue, so things should be picking up from now.

We're also currently working on some changes to our distribution/logistics side of things to speed up the dispatch process which will be in effect in the near future! :smilewink:

Thank you for your patience and understanding - and I'm also glad to hear that you're enjoying your VPC products and continue to support us :pilotfly: :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks - what I was mystified about was that the despatch time for this order is approaching twice what it had been for previous orders I had made on restock days (so those were obvious busy times and I didn't expect a fast turnaround).

However, as far as I was aware, when I ordered this item, it wasn't a restock day, and I wasn't aware of other reasons why it should be delayed.

This was why I was asking - I always read T&Cs and have advised people on forums asking about delivery times (including your own forum) of what they entail.

I had recently had to give support a nudge about replacing my defective switch and so I thought it not inappropriate to ask what the situation was in regard to this order - something a long the lines of "sorry, but we're very busy at the moment" would have sufficed - I really don't like it when companies just quote T&Cs at me - personally I find it a bit insulting.

Maybe your inbox is full of people who haven't bothered checking (actually, that wouldn't surprise me) but nevertheless, it was a bit frustrating, as my home-made solution is becoming a bit of a thorn in my side (well, a throttle in my side, anyway!).

But I'm okay with waiting longer - I just like to know it will be a longer wait than with the previous items. Fortunately, it's the last thing I need - so shouldn't be getting frustrated again.

btw - while you are here, I got a message on my YT channel from a chap who says the current throttles are being delivered with the T1 & T2 switch packed separately, but without any advice on fitting them, which made him feel quite uneasy about dismantling part of the throttle.

Maybe a small sheet of paper with some basic instructions would put customer's minds at ease? Or a link to my video - though you'd be better off making your own or getting someone better talented than I, to make one for you?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Thanks - what I was mystified about was that the despatch time for this order is approaching twice what it had been for previous orders I had made on restock days (so those were obvious busy times and I didn't expect a fast turnaround).

However, as far as I was aware, when I ordered this item, it wasn't a restock day, and I wasn't aware of other reasons why it should be delayed.

This was why I was asking - I always read T&Cs and have advised people on forums asking about delivery times (including your own forum) of what they entail.

I had recently had to give support a nudge about replacing my defective switch and so I thought it not inappropriate to ask what the situation was in regard to this order - something a long the lines of "sorry, but we're very busy at the moment" would have sufficed - I really don't like it when companies just quote T&Cs at me - personally I find it a bit insulting.

Maybe your inbox is full of people who haven't bothered checking (actually, that wouldn't surprise me) but nevertheless, it was a bit frustrating, as my home-made solution is becoming a bit of a thorn in my side (well, a throttle in my side, anyway!).

But I'm okay with waiting longer - I just like to know it will be a longer wait than with the previous items. Fortunately, it's the last thing I need - so shouldn't be getting frustrated again.

btw - while you are here, I got a message on my YT channel from a chap who says the current throttles are being delivered with the T1 & T2 switch packed separately, but without any advice on fitting them, which made him feel quite uneasy about dismantling part of the throttle.

Maybe a small sheet of paper with some basic instructions would put customer's minds at ease? Or a link to my video - though you'd be better off making your own or getting someone better talented than I, to make one for you?

Are you talking about the T1 T2 switches on the Virpil throttle base part or the left throttle control toggle switch ?

M9YMu2C.jpg

Can anyone with a throttle that has a mini stick try something please

1. load up virpil software and select throttle, click load profile and go to buttons tab

2. try each hat in turn, try a diagonal movement do any indicators light up?

I have the same problem with the new throttle.

Tried many different settings in the configuration tool, but no hat is capable of diagonal inputs, even the "thumb" hat within the encoder dial, which i suppose should be the 8way hat.

I get always the same results:

4 operating directions (clockwise) A -> D -> C -> B

and no 8 operating directions (clockwise) A -> DA -> D -> CD -> C -> BC -> B -> AB

I have joined a discussion in the virpil forum and made a support ticket.

btw - it will be in 2 days time, but no worries - it gets here when it gets here, though of course, if it doesn't get desptached after a month or so I'll reply to the ticket.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I'm always striving to improve my HOTAS assignment diagrams to make them clearer (especially for flight in VR, when I'm using the 'nose gap' to read the diagrams).

To that end, here's my latest one for the T50 throttle handles:

T50cm-throttle-H2.jpg

The top part is as if you are looking at the throttle from behind - so pinky finger on the left (of your left hand) and thumb on the right.

The two circles on the left represent the T1 & T2 flip switch (lower) and the PTM switch T3 (upper). ****update - just switched these as it makes more sense ;)

The lower one is the side, as seen if you looked left at your throttle.

This diagram is smaller than I would usually make (using 10-12 point typeface rather than 28-48pt) but I just tested it and printed one out on A5 and it looks fine.

Example below, of my Mi-8 profile diagram:

Mi8-T50-H2.jpg

Use the diagrams as you like - right-click and save to use them for your own needs.

Edited by Brixmis
update

Kneeboard Guides

...... looks like Virpil are aware of the 8 way issue that is effecting a small number of users and are working round the clock to try a rectify it...... stay tuned folks

Edited by HC_Official

I finally got mine up and working - arrived 2 weeks ago with broken side switch which now has been replaced (by me, Virpil sent a new one). TNT is pain in the arse to deal with - they have lost first parcel (!), but Cypher sorted it out. I can see an improvement in sales and delivery but still ways to go for Virpil (:D). Post sale support excellent as always.

Purchasing woes aside, V3 is great. I used to own V1 for a year (now sold) and I must say V3 is an improvement. New grips are easier to operate, analog stick is a very useful luxury (I still say it's not a necessity, a 4 way hat works ok), I'd like to see more variation in button shapes so it's easier to feel which one is which without looking. A reliable, easy to disable detent system would be great too. For me it was worth upgrading. Please don't bring V4 anytime soon.

Welcome to the v3 club :)

Can't say I agree with all that you wish for, I actually find the analogue ministick very useful for TDC control in DCS and thrust control in Elite (though a 4-way would suffice for thrusters). Also use it for radar control, Shkval control - it's just much easier than a 4-way. I really wish dev's would make a lot more analogue assignments in DCS modules.

My experience in delivery has gone the opposite way. Wouldn't be so bad if I got the impression it was important to them, but I don't. At the moment I'm torn between giving them leeway and cancelling. Changes from day to day :)

Kneeboard Guides

Welcome to the v3 club :)

Can't say I agree with all that you wish for, I actually find the analogue ministick very useful for TDC control in DCS and thrust control in Elite (though a 4-way would suffice for thrusters). Also use it for radar control, Shkval control - it's just much easier than a 4-way. I really wish dev's would make a lot more analogue assignments in DCS modules.

My experience in delivery has gone the opposite way. Wouldn't be so bad if I got the impression it was important to them, but I don't. At the moment I'm torn between giving them leeway and cancelling. Changes from day to day :)

I hear you there, I got 2 raspberry pi 4 delivered by DPD this week, they left the cardboard box beside my bins .......

it lashed with rain for 6 hours before I got home ..... box was mush :-(

Great - now TNT are slacking and delayed my delivery until next week - and didn't even bother to let me know, after telling me it would come today. Good job I like to check up on these things. Long years of experience...

Kneeboard Guides

Great - now TNT are slacking and delayed my delivery until next week - and didn't even bother to let me know, after telling me it would come today. Good job I like to check up on these things. Long years of experience...

I hope you get your unit soon and enjoy flying.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thanks - I'm already flying - it's just the last piece of the set-up, the desk mount for the throttle.

Looking forward to being able to place it just where I want it :)

Kneeboard Guides