If you could have 1 WW2 attack plane module, what would it be?

MobiSev

Douglas A-26 Invader
I sign that one. I just love the sleek looks of it and it would be possible to use for Korea and Vietnam as well if we ever get maps for them...

Not many planes that where used in WWII, Korea and Vietnam out there.

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

I agree with xvii-Dietrich and so would like to see the Avro Lancaster. As one WW2 Lanc pilot told me some years ago, ‘It was like a four engined fighter’.

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

I agree with xvii-Dietrich and so would like to see the Avro Lancaster. As one WW2 Lanc pilot told me some years ago, ‘It was like a four engined fighter’.
I saw Vera fly yesterday (the Lancaster flying in Canada). I was really surprised about the takeoff distance... Sure - it only had a bunch of happy passengers and the crew to lift but it felt like she just rolled a couple of hundred meters before she was airborne. And what a magnificent sound when starting all four Merlins and doing full power tests outside the hangar :)

I would pay quite a lot for a Lancaster with a fully simulated Vickers type 464 (the bouncing bomb).

A B-17 to compliment it for daytime bombing would be nice as well ;)

Too bad the 4-engine babies are so much work to implement in a simulator.

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Besides the P-47 and Mosquito, Id say the Tempest (or Typhoon).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Grumman F6F Hellcat.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Anything with a Napier Sabre , So Tempest/Typhoon or even a Wellington , come on kermit and hurry up with those engine rebuilds I want to hear one before I die of old age.

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

IL-2 1943 version M3A

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Anything with a Napier Sabre , So Tempest/Typhoon or even a Wellington , come on kermit and hurry up with those engine rebuilds I want to hear one before I die of old age.

Cheers

Jafa

Check out his latest video

Apparently they are on hold, one of his engineers retired and weeks is concentrating on the step of flight of fantasy :(

Our best luck is RB396 which is going for a flight in 2024

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• 3 months later...

The Stirling ( which I don't want, thanks! ) was supposedly able to outturn some fighters at altitude... not a great plane otherwise though. I think we're limited to two engines currently, so a Pe-2 would be an interesting comparison with the Mossie & a Ju-88 if we ever got a flyable. The ones I've tried elsewhere have been pretty fun. Would still take a Tempest though :p

I did actually think about an IL-2, that'd be awesome, but the resulting firestorm might not be worth it :P

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

so a Pe-2 would be an interesting comparison

Oh yeah. Would love a DCS Peshka myself. Lots of hair-raising memories of divebombing in one in another sim long time ago...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 3 weeks later...

Debating what torpedo dropper I'd like to see right now - tossup between the Beaufighter X and the Swordfish :) did the Russians have indigenous torpedo bombers? do any still exist if so?

Also, is the Swordfish the only biplane to carry radar? ( they were fitted with ASV radar to hunt subs ). In addition, apparently sunk more tonnage than any other allied aircraft ( including the Avenger )

Incidentally we're limited to 8 engines, which is a few more options...

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction