If you could have one WW2 fighter module not yet implemented, what would it be?

MobiSev

Typhoon would be good. They seem to have frequently covered FB Mosquitos on short range daylight ram rods.

I’d love a DCS Tempest also but both the Tempest and Typhoon would probably be down the list because of the lack of flying examples.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the Marianas map just around the corner a special need arises for a japanese fighter, land and/or carrier based, to compensate for all the existing allied ww2 Pacific theatre fighters already available and soon to be released.

The a6m zero is probably the best choice, being the most iconic of them all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We’re going to need some more Axis aircraft pretty soon...!

Currently 4:3, Allies:Axis

with (hopefully) 2021 release of the Mossie and Corsair that will really shift the balance.

Seems like a Zero and a Gustav are very much needed, although a continued focus on the highest performance, late war Allied variants does increase the justification for a  Me 262

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, MobiSev said:

what would it be?

P-61C Black Widow.

Influential? Maybe not. Super important to the war effort? Nah. Remarkably high kill count? Nope.

But it makes up in its sheer coolness and ability. Fast, large, heavily armed, radar-equipped, and simply awesome.

Imagine you set up an EWR in the mission editor, and you take to the skies with your buddy as the radar operator. The EWR picks up an enemy and relays its position. You get close enough to pick it up on your radar (around 5 mile radar range). You close in and destroy the target. At first, complete darkness, then, a blinding flash of an enemy aircraft bursting into flames and plummeting towards the ground. Splash!

Corresponding AI aircraft as well. Maybe a He-219 Uhu or BF-110 night fighter? Of course some Japanese aircraft as well. Especially with the Pacific Theatre coming to life in the upcoming years, a P-61C patrolling the skies around the WW2 Marianas shooting down any sneaky Japanese aircraft.

Then add in its 4,000lbs bomb load and 6x HVAR rocket load. Not only a capable night fighter, but a hard-hitter against ground targets also.

Sounds like pure fun, no?

Edited by RG2021
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 11:13 AM, xvii-Dietrich said:

Many people only think of the Me-262 in terms of a 1-v-1 fighter-v-fighter matchup. With the current planeset, it might seem that there is no balance. However, the first plane of a genre to arrive in DCS will always be alone. Tempests (and teamwork) will make for a superb challenge against the Me-262.

Furthermore, there are many other scenarios which are asymmetric, but remain compelling. Even the Me-262 A2-a variant has twice the bomb capacity of any other current WW2 German aircraft in DCS. It would be superb in an unarmed recon scenario. And, of course, high-altitude B-17 intercepts.

As others have already written, good SP and MP missions are very much possible with this aircraft. More so than many modern jets.

Although not my first choice for a WW2 fighter, it is still high on that list, and definitely not a waste, and I will very much welcome it when it arrives!

You won't be a challenge you'll become a practice target. Me262 isn't a bomber, and surely unarmed recon is not a reason to buy a module. The other problem is, that there's no recon implemented in DCS.

P-38! B-17! B-24!