DCS Tutorial Collection by MemphisBelle  

64 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Tutorial Collection by MemphisBelle

• I´m searching mostly for modern Aera Tutorials
    • I´m searching mostly for Vietnam, CW and WWII Aera Tutorials
    • I´m searching mostly for Rotorwing Tutorials
    • I have no issues using the website, it´s intuitive and works great
    • it´s OK, I struggle with the Navigation but it works in general
    • I don´t use it at all, makes no sense to have such a thing in the Community

Original text in the spoiler below

Hey there DCS Community,

I finally finished the basic frameset of my DCS Tutorial Collection on a seperate Website. It took a while because I decided to restart from scratch to provide best results on all sorts of devices whether its your Desktop PC, your Tablet or your phone. I´m not that cracker in webdesign, so I stuck to a basic HTML/CSS Design combined with a few php includes, but I think it´ll serve its purpose quite well.

All it needs now is Tutorials to share and gather them on that particular place for the whole Community to have quick access to all sorts of Modules. For the Moment huge parts of the Tutorial Collection are quite empty, but I am about to fill them up over time with worthy references directing to the best Tutorials. As a sidenote, all 1 Minute Tutorials from Laobi as well as many F-14, F-18 and Harrier Tutorials are included already and ready to be used.

I also would like you to help me improving this website. Please remember that this whole website is still under constant improvement, so if you stumble about issues you think it could be done better from a usability perspective, please dont hesitate to inform me, I´ll check this then and consider to include those changes accordingly. Contact Information are provided in the contact area of the website.

enjoy

As the Feedback is very rare but the hits on the thread are saying something different, I struggle to decide what to care about first.

Should I care first about the issues with the usability or should I care about first with adding Tutorials? I don´t want to use google analytics, sure it would give me plenty of information, but it would piss off many of you guys what I could understand.

Thus I decided to create a poll to get an Idea where this Project is heading into

Reminder

You have multiple choices, please pick what you really feel fits your thoughts.

For those who missunderstand my intentions now...I need feedback that tells me how this Project can serve the Community the best...if it turns out to be useless then I´m fine with it.

ENTER THE WEBSITE

Websiteupdate: 10-29-2019

# The Combined Arms and NS430 Tutorial Sections were started today. I already gathered a few Tutorials to cover the most important things according to these Modules

Q: Why a Tutorial Collection and what is the purpose behind?

A: Years ago I created a tutorial Collection for all systems and subsystems of the A-10C Warthog on the ED Forums. The initial Post grew so large that it reached the maximum allowed amount of signs and was therefore forced to move it to the ED Wiki. It turned out that the general concept was very successfull and the community made heavy use of it. So I started to create a basic collection Frameset for all Modules. Unfortunately not all modules had tutorials. Most of the available Tutorials were scattered across the Internet and many of them had been collated on that particular platform. This Tutorial Collection was a great resource for all sorts of Pilots, whether they were long time community members or had just discovered DCS.

ED decided to shut down the ED Wiki due to a lack of up to date content as well as spam bots flooding the server, this meant that all this gathered information was instantly and completely lost from one second to the next. Well, they were not really lost of course, but except for the great "Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library" all the other Tutorials were scattered once again across the ED Forums and the Internet in general.

Since I´ve got my own Webserver I originally considered running my own Wiki to bring the Collection of Tutorials back to Life. On reflection, I believe this Wiki would´ve ended up like the ED Wiki. Therefore I decided to use my humble html/css knowledge and built a small website to bring the Tutorial Collection back to life only this time on a different Platform.

Q: How does it work

A: To realize my idea to offer Information that can be easily navigated, we needed a logical path. By clicking on the "MODULES" navigation item on the upper menu, you´ll be directed to a page where all Modules are listed sorted by their individual branch (Fixed Wing seperated in modern Aera, Vietnam and coldwar etc.). Each individual Module page will direct you further to Module related information such as Tutorials, Refernces as well as Hardware Profiles (if available). The representation of the Tutorials is further divided in Categories and Subcategories. All Information is available in form of YouTube Videos, PDF Files and Internet URLs.

It is important to mention that I wont store any material on my webserver, I am simply providing references to specific Information.

The right hand side boxes contain specific information to release notes, release 1version numbers (linked to their individual Changelog reports posted by Eagle Dynamics on the ED Forums) and the most important YouTube Channels (linked to the individual Video libraries of each Channel) and furthermore Chucks Guides library on the ED Forums. Each Module also refers to Chucks Guides as well if available.

Q: Can I participate?

A:Of course you can. If you´ve created your own Tutorial and want it to be added to the collection, just shoot me a message in the ED Forums or send me an Email.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Nice job wrangling all the videos. I would suggest Bunyaps A10C videos. They are outstanding.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Nice job wrangling all the videos. I would suggest Bunyaps A10C videos. They are outstanding.

Ohh ..dont remind me .. I miss his channel so much :(

For the Viggen, may I suggest xxJohnxx’s videos .. I learned so much from him.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I already consider to expand the DCS YouTuber "library" to add more channels, there´re plenty out there with awesome stuff for all of us. Correct me if I´m wrong, but I understand his Videos as sharing of experiences and introducing Modules in general rather than pure tutorials. May be you can point me to some special Videos where he explains spicificly Procedures like CCIP Bombing, start ups etc.

[..]For the Viggen, may I suggest xxJohnxx’s videos .. I learned so much from him.

I just browsed his channel, there seems to be great stuff for Tutorials. I´m about to add many of his how to´s to the Viggen section

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

As of a change of usability (surely one of many yet to come), I´ve started to color index entries for those sections that are coverd with Tutorials already like the example below:

indexcolor.png

I still have to figure out the best way how to easily represent which Module supports content already and which one does not.

BTW:

to commonly check whether Modules are covered with Tutorials already, just check the Tutorial pool. This page represents the current status of availaable Tutorials. I plan to do thios for the Profile as well as fo the Refernce pools, whereas those both are yet not that much important.

Speaking of Hardware Profiles, if you have created your own, or are using a great one please let me know to share them on this Collection.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I´ve added a new section for non Module related Tutorials.

This conatins for now Tutorials for scripting and Hardware related Tutorials

it can be found by following the new Section within the Navigation box.

nonmo.png

Especially the Hardware related section contains Tutorials like these:

nonmo2.png

If you want me to share your special Tutorial as well, so send me a PM or use the contact information on the website

have fun!

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

A big pat on the back MemphisBelle hopefully this will grow into the "go to" for all things DCS. Knowledge is powerful especially when you are able to get orderly and easy access to. Thanks for doing this.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Thank you Memphis, this will be a wonderful tool and especially useful for newbies as our community grows. Well done...!

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

A big pat on the back MemphisBelle hopefully this will grow into the "go to" for all things DCS. Knowledge is powerful especially when you are able to get orderly and easy access to. Thanks for doing this.

You´re welcome, I indeed plan my Website to become an overall knowledge base for everything regarding DCS that can generally be explained by a Tutorial. The only Limitation is set due to the Tutorials created by the Community.

Thank you Memphis, this will be a wonderful tool and especially useful for newbies as our community grows. Well done...!

thanks Space, I hope you can take benefit from it.

Please guys, continue sending me your Tutorials or give me a hint if you stumble about an issue, thanks

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

the latest changes on the Website will be posted in the initial Post #1

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

please let me know if you want to get Tutorials on specific Aircrafts, currently I´m adding them as I stumble about them.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I´ve added a poll to get a better Idea what is needed and where to put energy in, thx.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve added a new Feature to the Website that represents Video Series from well known Youtuber. More information on the News Info in the first post.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 3 weeks later...

I´ve introduced a new feature today. Not all Tutorials were created in english language. Thus I started to add respective Flags icons on each Module icon to represent the provided language. That makes things easier for me to put content on the website and for you to figure out whether that specific Tutorial was created in your language or not.

Currently I difere between 2 major langauges which is German and english .

I thought about to difere between american and british english, but that wouldn´t make any sense, so I stick with the british icons. If Tutorials in languages other than english and german shall become part of that Tutorial Collection, so tell me what your Tutorial is about and what language do you speak.

check the Modulerootpage to see what has changed.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I decided to not include any of the currently available F-18C TGP Tutorials except for Wags Academic Video. The reason for this is because its heavy WIP currently. As soon it has left Beta status and proper Tutorials will be created, I´ll add them to the F-18C Section.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Thank you very much Memphis! It's an excellent tool!

Thank you sir, I hope it will serve you well.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

huge update on the KA-50 Tutorials page. There´s of course plenty of other Tutorials out there. So if you believe that either your own or someone´s else Tutorials would be a better addition, so dont hesitate to pm me.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 1 month later...

Wags has begun to release Academic Videos about the F-16C Viper. Check out the F-16C Viper Tutorial Collection Page. Latest Infos are set always in the first post.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 3 weeks later...

Until now every F-16 Tutorial Video created by Wags was added to the F-16 Tutorial Collection page. Since Wags did not created these Videos with a certain order in mind I put them in a somewhat order from Overview over Start up, to taxi and take-off up to weapon delivery and general Weapon Systems until all the Landing Tutorials. This should give us all a good start to learn this Bird to fly.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

It's coming along great, hopefully, this will be a one stop shop for DCS info.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'm a noobie and GREATLY appreciate your efforts (plus the others) who go out of their way to help others.

Many, many thanks for this. As you sa8d "with all the content out there..." your website is awesome for someone like me.

Thanks again!

I'm a noobie and GREATLY appreciate your efforts (plus the others) who go out of their way to help others.

Many, many thanks for this. As you sa8d "with all the content out there..." your website is awesome for someone like me.

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot sir

DCS-Tutorial-Collection