Having wind in a server interferes with the tail wheel

Rolds

What I am finding is that if there is wind in a server (and the effect seems to become worse the more wind there is), the tailwheel will deflect itself sideways and not recenter as expected, and at times will jump from full one side to the other.

On the open beta, flown just now.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a mission with no wind and an eagle set to take off from ramp. Taxi down the runway holding centreline. In third person view observe correlation between tail wheel and aircraft motion. My result is that the tailwheel works as expected.

2. Add wind to above mission. Again taxi down the runway centreline in third person view. What I find is that the tail wheel deflects to the side and stays there stubbornly despite inputs, when what I expect should happen is that the forward motion of the aircraft should push the tailwheel back to centre.

I have included a track of each situation to try to help you with this, though I think it will be easiest to understand if you try the above yourselves.

Edit: when I say server above, I mean mission, I have observed the same effect in single player and multiplayer.

With wind eagle Test.trk

No wind eagle Test.trk

Edited by Rolds
To clarify something

• 2 weeks later...

I know and that is not the point here I'm trying to show the jitteriness and the way the tail wheel drags along stuck to the side.

Edit 1 - I'm uploading a new video to show stick held back doesn't change this.

Edited by Rolds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Rolds!

I don't know if it's a related issue, but there seems to be a sign (+/-) problem with the weathervaning torque: the aircraft will turn downwind (the nose tends to point the same direction as the wind sock!) instead of into-the-wind.

Very confusing when correcting on roll-out...

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

• 1 month later...

As soon as guys return from holiday break, I will ask.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Indeed, This and the bad sounds stops it from being enjoyable.

Yeah. Having being around many general aviation aircraft I can safely say non sounds like this. It is times like this when I wish I purchased through steam to request a refund.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 2 months later...

Hi, is this bug still there ? Was about to buy the CEII on sales, but if not resolved this is a no go for me :(

EDIT : Nevermind, I bought it, I will just create missions with 0 wind on ground level until they fix the bug.

EDIT2 : What a pleasure to fly, I wonder why I didn't buy it earlier. Perfect tool to visit maps :). Hope it'll get updates to solve lasts problems for those who complain.

Edited by nanucq

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

Hi, is this bug still there ? Was about to buy the CEII on sales, but if not resolved this is a no go for me :(

EDIT : Nevermind, I bought it, I will just create missions with 0 wind on ground level until they fix the bug.

EDIT2 : What a pleasure to fly, I wonder why I didn't buy it earlier. Perfect tool to visit maps :). Hope it'll get updates to solve lasts problems for those who complain.

It shouldn't just get the fixes for those who complain. It should get them because it renders the CEII as bugged/broken for months on end. Good that you enjoy it but as someone who is a pilot IRL this aircraft does not meet any requirement.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 4 months later...