What is the update plan for F/ a-18c this week?

mojiao

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why is silence maintained? Well silence is maintained because no matter what ED says people will complain...

"Sorry, Its not going to be released this week"..."BUT IT WAS PROMISED"

"It will be release Tomorrow...Wait sorry a blocking bug prevents release"..."BUT IT WAS PROMISED"

Released...with a blocking bug..."YOU MESSED UP THE GAME"

THAT is why silence...

Here's a real simple fact...I've flown about 10 hours since Monday and not ONCE did it occur to me that my gaming experience was being dramatically impeded by the lack of a targeting POD.

If you can't say you have mastered every single F-18C system and every single F-18C weapon and you can't fly a Case 1, Case 2 and Case 3 approach flawlessly every single time...Allowing the absence of the Targeting POD to impact your enjoyment of the sim shows lack of imagination...

The simple fact is we will remember how WELL it was done a lot longer that how FAST it was done.

best response I‘ve seen in a long time on this :thumbup:

I would that the TGP is not so nearly important as TWS so we can use Slammers properly. Until then this bird is near useless at BVR.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Well, DCS still allows you to use AIM-9s in BVR... doesn't even require a radar at all rainbowdashwink.png

As eagerly I'm awaiting the Litening TGP, I concur with those who say DCS has lots of other things to offer not to be bored until it hits the Open Beta. And if applicable, spend time with your families, it's summer after all.

I didn't even fly 10 hours since Monday yet...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

And why is silence maintained? Well silence is maintained because no matter what ED says people will complain...

"Sorry, Its not going to be released this week"..."BUT IT WAS PROMISED"

"It will be release Tomorrow...Wait sorry a blocking bug prevents release"..."BUT IT WAS PROMISED"

Released...with a blocking bug..."YOU MESSED UP THE GAME"

THAT is why silence...

Its EDs job to keep the customers informed.

When anyone wants to complain, fine, whats the problem? Just ignore if you cant handle it.

The way you are defending this bad communication practice is something between naive and ridiculous.

Here's a real simple fact...I've flown about 10 hours since Monday and not ONCE did it occur to me that my gaming experience was being dramatically impeded by the lack of a targeting POD.

So... because YOU do not care about the POD, everyone else does neither?

If you can't say you have mastered every single F-18C system and every single F-18C weapon and you can't fly a Case 1, Case 2 and Case 3 approach flawlessly every single time...Allowing the absence of the Targeting POD to impact your enjoyment of the sim shows lack of imagination...
Its absolutely NOT about imagination. People bought the module in the understanding that missing features will be implemented after EA release. That is happening, but rather slowly. Also it does not help to set release dates which are missing again and again.

Additionally its bad practice to inform about a missed date exactly when this date is due. When I get the feeling that I cant hold a date I will announce this in time.

Its EDs job to keep the customers informed.

When anyone wants to complain, fine, whats the problem? Just ignore if you cant handle it.

The way you are defending this bad communication practice is something between naive and ridiculous.

So... because YOU do not care about the POD, everyone else does neither?

Its absolutely NOT about imagination. People bought the module in the understanding that missing features will be implemented after EA release. That is happening, but rather slowly. Also it does not help to set release dates which are missing again and again.

Additionally its bad practice to inform about a missed date exactly when this date is due. When I get the feeling that I cant hold a date I will announce this in time.

First off; they have been great at communication, at least weekly but sometimes even daily posts about it's status. Never seen any other module in this game get that kind of treatment, ever. The hornet development has been the absolute gold standard for communication in DCS World.

Second; They have never set a release date for any open beta module, ever. Why? because stuff gets done when it gets done. They gave us an estimate on the Targeting Pod, and it ended up not being realistic, and they told us that too. Tough, sometimes they don't find out about blocking bugs till day of release, that's how this kind of thing works. :)

There is a great comment above yours about how most of us would like things done right rather then fast, and in software development you simply can't have both. I would probably stop playing if they started emphasizing speed over build quality, and I'm quite sure others would too.

What ED needs from us is patience and support to get these features finished and shipped out to us.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Do we have a chance for the TPOD for the next OB?

Or is it already certain that that’s not going to happen?

Unknown ATM. I would assume that since the target was end of June, the release won't be too far out. That being said, there may have been an issue that caused a delay, thus why the June target window was missed.

Do we have a chance for the TPOD for the next OB?

Or is it already certain that that’s not going to happen?

Doesnt sound like any chance for TGP this week. Wags states ina. youtube comment earlier today that they "hope to have a status update on the TGP next week"

Sounds like its another OB or two away at best.

Doesnt sound like any chance for TGP this week. Wags states ina. youtube comment earlier today that they "hope to have a status update on the TGP next week"

Sounds like its another OB or two away at best.

In another comment he says they're having a status update in a meeting on Monday (i.e. today, 1st July). By 'next week' he just meant week commencing 1st July.

In another comment he says they're having a status update in a meeting on Monday (i.e. today, 1st July). By 'next week' he just meant week commencing 1st July.

Ah I see. I find it wierd that 5 hours ago he would refer to tommorow as "sometime next week" though. I wouldnt get my hopes up for any news for a few days.

Ah I see. I find it wierd that 5 hours ago he would refer to tommorow as "sometime next week" though. I wouldnt get my hopes up for any news for a few days.

I think it's just a case of when he considers the week to start - it's fairly common around the world for Monday to be the first day of the week, so if you're on Saturday answering a question, then Monday is 'next week'. It's happened a couple of times during Hornet EA when he's said 'next week' at the weekend, when he meant the immediately following week.

YouTube comment.

Any link for this YouTube video?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals