What is the update plan for F/ a-18c this week?

mojiao

Just an update as well, we do plan another Open Beta update next week with additional Hornet features/fixes.

This time of year is a big time for vacations right through August, so it can slow down how fast these things move at times.

TPOD being held close to the hip? :smilewink:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TPOD being held close to the hip? :smilewink:

OMG. They will tell us when it’s ready to release. This is worse that crack heads trying to get a fix. Literally. They are easier to deal with. Stop panicking, stop hyperventilating, and dry your tears. Bunch of infants.

OMG. They will tell us when it’s ready to release. This is worse that crack heads trying to get a fix. Literally. They are easier to deal with. Stop panicking, stop hyperventilating, and dry your tears. Bunch of infants.

I literally said the exact same thing in my head as soon as I read that post. I don't understand it, I really don't

Joke : it is possible to do slower than slow? :lol:

PLEASE.... does it occur to you that this might not be super funny for a developer sweating to get the stuff out to us? Putting the „Joke“ in front of it doesn‘t help at all.

Thank you for considering this before you try to be funny next time.

PLEASE.... does it occur to you that this might not be super funny for a developer sweating to get the stuff out to us? Putting the „Joke“ in front of it doesn‘t help at all.

Thank you for considering this before you try to be funny next time.

As nineline says, some are on vacation (and that's good merit considering the work done) so I do not think it affects them so much.

Keep cool !!

I literally said the exact same thing in my head as soon as I read that post. I don't understand it, I really don't

Did you forget to take your meds? Are you uptight about something? How are you so offended? Do you need more bran in your diet? Take a deep breath and calm down.

tenor.gif?itemid=10675202

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Perhaps because it are posts like yours that „demotivate“ (to put it mildly) ED officials to hesitate providing any estimates or „plans“?

But that's what's happening already. And when there are plans, they aren’t respected (vr optimization, tgp .....). But it's normal because they are not promises and everything is subject to change !

But that's what's happening already. And when there are plans, they aren’t respected (vr optimization, tgp .....). But it's normal because they are not promises and everything is subject to change !

"Respect".....That is not a "deadline", only a estimation.... Wags has very clear on the hornet updates about them.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3967134&postcount=167

After talking with the team today, the Litening targeting pod will need a bit more time in the oven before we can release it. Given how integral this feature will be for the product, we want to further flesh it out before releasing into an open beta. We do apologize for this delay. Please note that all dates and time projections are best estimates at the time and can change.

Did you forget to take your meds? Are you uptight about something? How are you so offended? Do you need more bran in your diet? Take a deep breath and calm down.

tenor.gif?itemid=10675202

Negative. Quite the opposite. My comments are toward the folks who are frothing at the mouth, and raving mad lunatics, who constantly complain about not having their TPOD fix. They get on multiple threads a week and complain about the Hornet not being finished, even though they fully understood that they were purchasing an unfinished product. They hijack and ruin every thread on the Hornet because they are incapable of accepting reality and believe that the world revolves around them. They are entitled to their TPOD. They read into posts and videos put out by ED and fabricate and bend the info to fit their hopes and dreams. And when they find out that their fabricated unrealistic expectations weren’t met, they FREAK out and start all over again. Hopefully ED will just ban certain individuals from threads on the Hornet when they start acting this way, so the rest of us can talk and learn about the aircraft, without having every thread hijacked.

Perhaps because it are posts like yours that „demotivate“ (to put it mildly) ED officials to hesitate providing any estimates or „plans“?

I guess the wink and smile was a bit over the top. I mean really, where is the since of humor around here?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

@silverdragon : I know but in this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3910797&postcount=153

« and the targeting pod will start internal testing later this month, with a planned release in June. »

Sorry but it’s a plan.

They were planning on it. It didn’t happen. It doesn’t say Promised, or guaranteed release anywhere there. Saying you are planning on it makes it a goal. Much different than promising a specific release date. You are trying to fabricate the meaning of his sentence to fit your expectations.

Yup... The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

@silverdragon : I know but in this post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3910797&postcount=153

« and the targeting pod will start internal testing later this month, with a planned release in June. »

Sorry but it’s a plan.

The way I look at it.... No plan survives contact with the enemy. The enemy in this case is the actual development. It may look like roses and sunshine during the early stages, but as it goes deeper and deeper it begins to look like a compost heap. You never know what you'll dig up as you keep working.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

They were planning on it. It didn’t happen. It doesn’t say Promised, or guaranteed release anywhere there. Saying you are planning on it makes it a goal. Much different than promising a specific release date. You are trying to fabricate the meaning of his sentence to fit your expectations.

I'm just disappointed that update takes a lot of time to be in the game. I know that development takes time, I just hope the f/a-18C project stay the ED's priority. That's all.

I'm just disappointed that update takes a lot of time to be in the game. I know that development takes time, I just hope the f/a-18C project stay the ED's priority. That's all.

BS. You know for a fact that it’s their priority. I hey spend a ton of time making sure we know it’s their priority. You are only disappointed because you project your own unrealistic expectations on others.

These things do happen unfortunately. This is minor compared to what the expectations were for the NTTR map several years ago. Instead of weeks of delay we saw 2 years at least IIRC.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

These things do happen unfortunately. This is minor compared to what the expectations were for the NTTR map several years ago. Instead of weeks of delay we saw 2 years at least IIRC.

Copy ..... I hope we won't have the same delay with the hornet!

Copy ..... I hope we won't have the same delay with the hornet!

How? HOW? HOW?!?!?! do you guys not read what you are typing before your hit the submit button. We have been getting constant updates about the progress on the Hornet. For the love of God, this is like reading the F-14 Release Date Thread all over again. What good would it do ED to say "YES, you will get the TPOD on 7/21/19 @1421 EST", cause god forbid a button not work or one pixel of static is visible on the MFD, people would complain that it got rushed. Or better yet have ED wait.........breathe........make sure they release a good to great TPOD that doesn't break the damn sim, only to have people complain that they missed the PROMISED update time table. Are you starting to grasp why people hate these kinda threads? Cause it almost always ends up this way.

DEUCES :pilotfly:

Hop in your carriers boiis! This topic is getting carried away!

You're right, go back to the initial post

"What is the update plan for F/ a-18c this Week ?" (and especially without criticizing :smilewink:)

DCS F/A-18C Hornet

-Added on/off fuse on AGM-154C

-AGM-154 EFUZ set OFF still causes weapon to detonate - fixed.

-Added new single mission 'Patriot Express' for the Normandy map.

-Aircraft explodes if player took control form AI by ALT+J pressing - fixed.

-Corrected collision model.

-Minor changes in the external sound of afterburner and distant sounds of the F18 aircraft engine.

And TGP stay in the oven (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3967134&postcount=167)

The end

Edited by hanab