AI Radar Performance

• 1 month later...
Question out of curiosity: Is it half of the missile's maximum range, or is it half of the distance the missile is actually fired at?

I only ask because, for example, firing a phoenix at 35NM could theoretically be considered at half the range already - thereby leading the AI to react instantly.

I suspect it's half the range the missile is fired at, as I've not observed myself AI reacting to long range Phoenix or AMRAAM shots until the missile goes active.

AI reacts instantly to 25-30 miles Phoenix shot. Have not tried longer distances but I bet it's the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

AI reacts instantly to 25-30 miles Phoenix shot. Have not tried longer distances but I bet it's the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

At longer distances (I usually fire around 50NM) they don’t react immediately, at least for me.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 1 year later...
  • NineLine changed the title to AI Radar Performance

I have recently tested an AI MiG-21 engaging a look-down target at 60 km and a co-alt target at well beyond 100 km. So while I have not re-checked all AI aircraft, the basic issue is still present.

Just by the way, I have reported the issue 6 years ago for first time.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, I had a similar issue. It was some 50 miles out (Mig-19) and turning towards my F-15 no matter which direction I changed. I my radar off, the Mig-19 didn't even have an RWR mounted. There is no way a Mig-19 is seeing an F-15 at 50+ miles and tracking it perfectly. Problem is, the same thing happens with other aircraft. The Mig-21 AI does the same thing. Any chance to have ED look into the magical AI visibility regardless of sensors or eyeballs?

• Like 1