Mission Editor Issues

• no land on ground waypoint type for heli groups (and yes, i know about the advanced waypoint action "land" - that is just for land and go)
  • can't change coallitions after mission creation
  • we can't hide detection and danger zone circles
  • please update triggers documentation

BUGs!

1. Linking a crate to a ship will not spawn when you run the mission

2. Not linking the crate to the ship will spawn the crate... but will not stay on the ship if it moves and will float in the air.

3. Crate will not appear as destroyed/despawned to a multiplayer client if it was moved.

4. Ships will not sync if spawned in during the session making them invisible to clients.

5. Ammo trucks will not arm an aircraft/helo unless it is on the pad in multiplayer.

6. When you change a Farp pad to another coalition it resets its orientation to 0

7. Arty does not allow CA players to set targets if it spawns in while the client is connected. Client has to reconnect to use.

8. Unit name and info will not sync to players if it is spawned in while they are connected.

9. Set units as uncontrolled does not work if unit is spawned in after client is connected.

10. Ships will always show in green state during a mission?

11. No indication on the carrier parking spots for the one that Allows you to places more than what the deck can handle.

12. Allows mi8 to spawn on LHA and the rotors hit the ship.

13. Missing Takeoff / landing flag in multiplayer from a ship. Works fine for airfields.

14. Farp pads do not have a neutral setting like airfields do? It’s either blue or red.

Edited by Skarp

Haven't read every singe one of these reports but; I don't run across a lot of "bugs". I'm not a Power User when it comes to missions (one or two small scripts, half-dozen to a dozen flag references..).

Mostly it seems to function as designed. The design is missing important things, or fairly standard features you'd expect in an editor. See all previous posts...

and I'll sneak in one more: multi-select of units (to apply some operation on them like moving them). i.e.; Control key + mouse button. If that's in there then ignore me.

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

I tried to focus on bugs

1. rarely possible to save a mission in unloadable state

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3537861&postcount=11

2. rarely possible to save a mission with erroreous coalition implementation (missing/mixed countrys, different from declaration)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215146

3. "Can not open file, recording is not possible" strings corruption (when mission run in dedicated server, or just read-only for good enough reason from unknown time)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206126

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243498

4. false alarms in triggers

4./a triggering to false coalition, "PART OF COALITION IN ZONE"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239487

4./b triggering when not in zone, when all dead, "ALL OF GROUP IN ZONE"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171583

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221054

(sometimes we reinvent bug reports of unfixed bugs)

5. Flanker class placement discrimination in Caucasus and Persian Gulf

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201318

6. Inability to adjust coalitions after mission creation (needed "[MOD] Mission Coalition Modification by uboats & Grimes")

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168720

7. Warehouses

7./a Every major upgrade alter the stock list in warehouses, need redone stocks in missions

7./b current unseen warehouse bug

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232681

8. Caucasus map

8./a hard to edit around Tbilisi, because the popup window; 100% zoom button vanished during the years and similar useful things

8./b most airfield static vehicles not shown in map

8./c MAP OPTIONS / ISOLINES not turnable off, difficult to overview the road network

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201982&highlight=road+network

9. oil rigs, gas rigs, and FARPs cannot be neutral

10. when copy-pasting planes, the uncontrolled checkbox vanishes

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

- Grass runways still don't work after all these years

- ME icon for cargo ships dissapear when in group

- Scenery objects remove trigger does not display to MP clients

- Ability to Hide/Unhide all units at the same time and not one at the time. This is a major time sink

Edited by Silvern

Not beein able to play two sounds simultaneously (a new sound will always end the one actually playing).. This is a dynamic trigger killer.

This has always been like that. Although, I remember a long thread with many wishes in it including exactly this option and some guy gave him an alternative solution to it. Really long time ago. At least a year, so no idea what's that thread's name was. It's in the Wish List section of these forums.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

This has always been like that. Although, I remember a long thread with many wishes in it including exactly this option and some guy gave him an alternative solution to it. Really long time ago. At least a year, so no idea what's that thread's name was. It's in the Wish List section of these forums.

Yeah I did an engine that stack sounds and are played one after the next. But it has limitation since you sometime really need to play 2 sounds simultaneously. Hardware supports dozens of simultaneous sound, wonder why this is not fixed. I could understand that they set a limit ... but one!?

Principal annoyances (most already mentioned):

Template issue - country defaults to US, but template remains at last used - US S-300 sites are no use.

The default distance between units on the ground as new units are added to a group is too big. It often results in the last unit trying to spawn on water -& an error message, and if you're zoomed in on the map trying to add ground units they appear WAY off the visible portion of the map.

The mentioned issue with no warning regarding the necessary distance between a WP and it's assigned action.

The "cockpit argument X in range y1 - y2" trigger dropdown showing the available argument names and what they do is missing (camouflaging a request as a bug :-)

If you're trying to add weapons to an aircraft & want to know what a weapon is, you use the encyclopaedia link in the ME - but half the available weapons are missing from the ME so you have to exit DCS & google the weapon.

Surely it's a bug that when you click on a group you don't automatically get the first unit selected so you can move the group not accidentally grab and drag just the last unit.

Cheers.

Here are my top 10:

1. No condition for "part of group detected by unit"

2. No condition for "part of group detected by group"

3. No condition for "all of coalition air out of zone"

4. No abillity to enforce type 1, 2 or 3 for JTAC if LOS, distance etc premits.

5. No undo button

6. No preview image of weather and daylight conditions

7. No abillity to import a whole mission from one map to another. I know all units would have to be moved to be adapted to the map but the entire structure of the mission would be preserved.

8. No abillity to select multiple groups in the list and click hide/unhide

9. No triggers that would write/read a txt or lua file with flagstates to the same folder as the mission.

10. No debug mode where you could run the mission in map view and have texts say when triggers are executed

EDIT:

I did not see that it was supposed to be bugs only until I already posted. Delete the post if it is not ok.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Edited by Fisherman82

Just a few that come to mind immediately:

1. Can't have aircraft following other units ie: Helicopter can only follow other helos. It would be nice to say have a helicopter following a ship or a convoy.

2. The weather system. The wind is reversed in the ME, ie: 270 in the ME is 090 in game.

3. Would be nice to have a trigger for Part of Coalition in zone with variable (height, speed, etc.) higher / lower than XYZ.

4. A skip to time would be nice for testing triggers instead of having to accelerate time.

5. A weapon in zone in a more general sense. Ie. Bomb in zone can be any bomb instead of a more specific weapon.

Edited by ultrablue2258

• More civilian units and better availability across more nationalities. All nations should have access to the same, or at least mostly the same, selection of civilian units.

• Undo function.

• Ability to rotate groups and templates as a whole - it shouldn't take 20 actions to spin a SAM site I just inserted to face a different way.

• Better unification of available actions for different unit types. Why can't ships use Switch Waypoint? Why can't delayed start aircraft be visible before activation? Why can't ships be given hold and push commands?

• Better transparency and more sensible weapon restrictions for AI tasks. It took me a long time and a post on the forums to figure out why my AI Hornets would not fire AGM-65Fs at ships.

• Ability to change coalitions after mission creation.

• Ability to still see hidden units on the map. I almost never use hidden units because it sucks that they just go away on me while I'm still tweaking the mission.

• Planes assigned to takeoff from runway on a carrier seem to randomly switch which cats they are on when the unit is selected or the mission is saved. Usually after several goes at switching them all so they're correct then saving the mission they'll stay right, but they usually move three times or more on me.

2. Late activated naval units do not synchronize properly for MP clients. Boats appear invisible or wake/shadows only unless viewed from a very specific angle. They cannot be damaged. If a client leaves and returns, the position will display properly. If the boat is destroyed, clients experiencing desync will see the smoke from the burning vessel at its ORIGINAL position, not where it was destroyed. A client can correct the desync by exiting and rejoining the server

Holy Crapola. I actually just came to the forums tonight to ask about an issue I'm having with a co-op MP mission I'm testing - before I got distracted by this thread. You just answered my question and described exactly the issue my friend who was helping me test was having.

Edited by Bunny Clark

One improvement that I haven't seen mentioned:

Consistent use of metric/imperial. Some trigger/waypoint action parameters are still in metric even though my game options are set to imperial. There are also some trigger/waypoint actions where the units aren't even notated, so the user has no idea whether they're in metric, imperial, or Martian.

1. Ctrl Z or Undo ability

2. Easier way to manage hundreds of triggers. Perhaps create a folder within the trigger menu so that similar triggers can be grouped together.

3. Moving new triggers from bottom of list to top of list when there are hundreds of triggers takes a long time. Would be nice to be able to cut and paste them in order to move around.

4. Would be nice to copy and paste specific Actions and Conditions from one trigger to another.

5. Easier way to add kneeboard items rather than having to unzip the miz file and put them in there, then rezip and rename.

6. More visible space in the Do Script area so we can see/read larger scripts more easily.

7. Would be nice to prevent voiceovers from cutting each other off. If one is currently playing, prevent the next one from playing until the first one finishes.

8. Embarking/disembarking for AI units and player units trying to carry more than one group would be nice. The whole embarking thing needs a lot of attention.

9. Clouds/weather seems to generate only within several miles of the airport, then is clear outside of that area. Also there is a big difference between coverage level 8 and 9, and nothing in between.

10. Bandar Abbas rwy 21L ILS frequency is wrong! You can’t tune 333!

Thanks!

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

1. Proper and up-to-date documentation. Also and especially for the functionalities available via scripting.
  2. See 1.
  3. See 1.
  4. See 1.
  5. Undo function.
  6. See 1.
  7. See 1.
  8. See 1.
  9. See 1.
  10. See 1.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Disappearing Sounds - The Whole Drop Down Box goes away for no reason.

I am using the beta version 2.5 and all subsequent updates. (windows 10)

I will enclose a screen shot as an attachment. One in fifty times I save a file after editing anything. I will notice a sound file did not play when triggered to play. So I go look at the triggers to see why, and the file is gone along with the whole drop down box, which does not show in the mission editor "Trigger" "Actions" window. It just disappears. - see photo attached.

When you have fifty sounds in a mission, it's hard to know which ones did not trigger, from the one that just erased from the mission editor due to this bug.

1579291907_SOUNDDISAPPEAR.thumb.png.7811137d5734734b41ff66f57a8d6469.png

7. Would be nice to prevent voiceovers from cutting each other off. If one is currently playing, prevent the next one from playing until the first one finishes.

Should have a check box to select;

1. "Play now" (cut off existing sound and play immediately)

or

2. "Play next" (plays after the current sound is playing)

Ooh!

Back for more actual issues now that I've had a long ME session (in no particular order since they're all as annoying).

• Hidden units are not always (and somewhat inconsistently) hidden in-game – notably, the game will often pick some unit to show in the observer view on start, even if it's hidden, and you can then F2/F7/F9 to other units of that type even though they, too, should be hidden.

• On that note, the logic for what unit is picked to be shown at the very start of a mission is… foggy. It's not the first one (or maybe it is, but something else get randomly picked if that unit is deleted?) and it's not the last. So which one is it and how can it be controlled to not give away things that should be hidden to the player(s)?

• On the note of hidden things: static objects are always visible to everyone, no matter if they're tagged as hidden or not — this makes them useless as the kind of decorative objects they're meant to be since they let players select them and go into F12 view to look around a site where everything is supposed to be hidden. Yes, restricting external views and (to some extent, but not fully) how much is known on the F10 map will kill off those options, but since external view and F10 are work-arounds for the lack of ground crew to check the aircraft and for playing GCI/AWACS, those are not viable options. Statics should follow the same hidden/shown rules as other units.

• The trigger UI does not scale properly with the display resolution (see above post for a good example). The UI block takes up a large portion of the screen, and at any kind of higher resolution, it just ends up being empty space since the size of the trigger/condition/action logic is fixed — it would make a whole lot more sense if those actually extended to fill up the available space (or, as a feature request, if those panels could be resized — oh, and the unit/zone lists at the bottom of the screen as well). I don't know how much of this is a bug, but it does seem to scale a bit at lower resolution — up to a point, and then it just stops.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Don’t think it got mentioned but If you’ve spent some time placing static’s on a carrier and place one and switch aircraft type all of the statics you’ve placed will collapse to the center of the carrier deck stacked on top of one another.

I’m also not sure if it’s a bug or intended but if you have copy and pasted a static linked to a unit, that pasted static shows that it is also linked however you need to click and select the unit again for the pasted items wings to be “stowed.”

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Proper and up-to-date documentation. Also and especially for the functionalities available via

People are free to update the wiki. Because it is a wiki.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

People are free to update the wiki. Because it is a wiki.

The wiki is an awesome resource and absolutely vital. But if I am not mistaken, this is a unofficial source. So no guarantee that it is up-to-date or that it even will be supported in the future.

The main problem, however, is that there are things "people" simply don't know. So we cannot put this in the wiki even if we wanted to.

For example, I have asked about the parameters of the getParking function a couple of times - just recently even in the russian forum part so the devs could maybe enlighten me. Even there, no response at all. While it is nice to have a function like this, it is only worth half the money if some of its functionality remains a mystery.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

The wiki is an awesome resource and absolutely vital. But if I am not mistaken, this is a unofficial source. So no guarantee that it is up-to-date or that it even will be supported in the future.

The main problem, however, is that there are things "people" simply don't know. So we cannot put this in the wiki even if we wanted to.

For example, I have asked about the parameters of the getParking function a couple of times - just recently even in the russian forum part so the devs could maybe enlighten me. Even there, no response at all. While it is nice to have a function like this, it is only worth half the money if some of its functionality remains a mystery.

The "official" documentation was on ED's wiki which appears to currently be offline. For a time it was created and updated by the developer who created the scripting engine. However he left around 1.2.4. ED's wiki fell into disrepair, swarmed by bots, and was eventually locked from edits. I think there was a small effort to revive it at one point but it appears to be completely offline now. Considering that one guy was the last to keep things up to date without prodding from us and that a user created wiki is arguably better formatted, I don't know how likely it would be for ED to bring back and maintain their wiki.

getParking() only has the two parameters of the airbase and an optional to return which parking spots are currently available. I asked for more, for instance getting all valid parking for an A-10C at a given base, but AFAIK it hasn't been implemented yet.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum