[MISSING TRACK] Uncommanded full left rudder input

Hornetjock

Since the last update 2.5.5 32533 I am unable to taxi the Spitfire due to strange full left rudder input. I do not have pedals but have the rudder on the stick castle switch - which was working fine before. Can't fly her like this. Also rudder trim input is now very slow. Any ideas?

I have Auto rudder selected and 50% take off assist. I have tried without both - same result. After full application to left, it gives full application to the right when released - and vice versa. Big problem when taxying.

Edited by Hornetjock

How you manage to land without analog pedals?

For basic maneuvers is at least a twist axis minimum for taming Warbirds.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

petsild its not landing thats the problem - thats a piece of cake without pedals. It's taxying and the applying of power at takeoff thats impossible now. Before the update it was fine - but now I'm getting full opposite application after release of the button. Before it was returning to centre. I am currently flying the P 51 and A8 the same way - but now the Spit is impossible.

petsild - can I ask you to check your rudder inputs using the default keyboard commands Z and X while looking at the Spit rudder and advise if you can replicate my problem. I just did and the problem of full opposite application happens also with keyboard inputs.

When using the keys and press Z or X behaves the rudder completely wrong.

First moves the rudder to a maximum of one side and then automatically turn the opposite side and then doesn't work at all centering.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Do you have any other device which can be set by default with a duplicated rudder axis? First thing to check in this kind of cases is duplicated controls in axis controls page.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

And any joystick profile or external software which might be "pressing" that key by default by any chance?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Confirmed here too.

My z & x keys also give the incorrect response described.

However, I use rudder pedals, and these are now giving random flickering and vibrations.

Update:Seems to fly OK airborne, but it is now impossible to taxy on the ground.

Update:

My rudder flicking has been traced to a spiking pot in my old CH rudder pedals.

By good timing my new Thrustmaster pedals arrived today and now the rudder is silky smooth.

However, it is still impossible to taxy as it appears that any input to stop a turn in one direction remains applied for some time after the rudder is centralised and results in a rapid swing in the other direction.

The result is a completely erratic and unstable aircraft that is impossible to taxy

Edited by Terry Dactil
Update added

since I seen your post, I went into the input setting to take a look; low and behold all my

settings for the X-52 column was blank. what's weird is they were correct and binded before I left for work came home they were all blank; only on the modul spitfire was this an issue; all the other modules are binded.

and this occurred after I left the burning skies server.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

And any joystick profile or external software which might be "pressing" that key by default by any chance?

S!

I carefully checked all controls for conflict and even changed the rudder to a new button. The problem persists. The fact that the P 51 still responds normally to exactly the same key setup is confirmation I have no conflicts.

Confirmed here too.

My z & x keys also give the incorrect response described.

However, I use rudder pedals, and these are now giving random flickering and vibrations.

Seems to fly OK airborne, but it is now impossible to taxi on the ground.

Yes, thats right. To get airborne you first have to taxy! Now at the moment not possible. Lets hope they act quickly as this is the aeroplane I spend most of my time in - since the A8 has let us down with its low power/maneuverability. Seems always on the verge of a stall and can't even be looped!

Bugger!

It's going from bad to worse.

I tried 'Repair DCS World' and now I cannot get into the cockpit in VR.

I am stuck outside the cockpit on the port wing.

390981046_Spitfireoutsidecockpit.thumb.JPG.d7c938cd473e6411c92320502a346f0d.JPG

This only applies to the Spitfire in VR and not to any of the other aircraft.

The problems persist in both instant action and missions.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the Spitfire module, but this had no effect.

I have also cleared all the superfluous key bindings for trackir (not being used) and mouse with no effect.

The last update really screwed up the Spitfire. :cry_2:

Bugger!

It's going from bad to worse.

I tried 'Repair DCS World' and now I cannot get into the cockpit in VR.

I am stuck outside the cockpit on the port wing.

[ATTACH]212999[/ATTACH]

This only applies to the Spitfire in VR and not to any of the other aircraft.

The problems persist in both instant action and missions.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the Spitfire module, but this had no effect.

I have also cleared all the superfluous key bindings for trackir (not being used) and mouse with no effect.

The last update really screwed up the Spitfire. :cry_2:

try this:

make a copy of the folder "View" inside "..\Saved Games\DCS\Config" and then delete it. Be aware that you will loose the saved views if you don't make a backup

finch: :thumbup:

Thank you. thank you thank you.

That fixed all my problems.

I am now back in the cockpit and the Spitfire can be taxied again.

The rudder deflection problem still exists in both directions if using the z & x keys but taxying is now perfectly fine if using rudder pedals.

I spent several hours downloading and reverting to the previous release version, only to find that it did not fix anything.

I am beginning to realise just how much the files in the saved games folder can affect the program.

Thanks again.

The rudder deflection problem still exists in both directions if using the z & x keys but taxying is now perfectly fine if using rudder pedals.

I spent several hours downloading and reverting to the previous release version, only to find that it did not fix anything.

I am beginning to realise just how much the files in the saved games folder can affect the program.

Thanks again.

I'm glad it worked :thumbup:

Thanks again.

I can't tell you how happy we are for you Terry. Some of us, however are not using pedals (for whatever reason). and we still cannot taxy the Spit. But we are glad that you can. We await the fix.

When I reverted to the previous release version(2.5.4.30886) I only checked if I was inside the cockpit or not, and I was not. Bummer!

I did not think to also check the rudder response to the keystrokes, as I don't use the keyboard. Sorry about that. It may be a work-around for keyboard users.

i suspect that reversion should have fixed that problem, as it only appeared with the latest update. It may be worth going back to the previous version until the bug gets fixed.

Reversion instructions can be found here -

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030.

(Be aware that like a normal update, the file is huge and takes a long time to download.)

There is one further mystery in this saga.

Before deleting the View file in the Saved Games folder, my Spitfire was impossible to taxy - with the slightest forward movement it would swing violently to either side and just refuse to go straight at any time. Now, after deleting the View file, it runs perfectly straight on takeoff with just the normal small inputs on the rudder.

Why the view file affects steering is a mystery to me.