MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

MB339A wheel brake fail. Track attached

I watched your track. If you want to turn properly you should activate NWS first.

Fortunately, I found two real problems.

1. Animation Bug for main wheel rotation:

When the right brake is fully applied, you can see that the left and right wheels are not rotating;

When the left brake is fully applied, you can see that the right wheel behaves normally, but the left wheel rotates in sync with the right wheel.

2. Strange physical behavior:

When one of the brakes is fully applied, the plane can draw concentric circles whether NWS is activated or not.

Hi Guys I downloaded the installation exe file after reading many of the positive comments about the MB339. I have one issue up front and I searched this thread for an answer but no luck.

The installer want to install in C drive (etc) is there some other way to install on another drive?

Hi Guys I downloaded the installation exe file after reading many of the positive comments about the MB339. I have one issue up front and I searched this thread for an answer but no luck.

The installer want to install in C drive (etc) is there some other way to install on another drive?

Hi,

the installer points automatically at your C:\Users\<YOUR USER>\Saved Game\DCS\Mods\Aircraft folder which is the default DCS folder to install the unofficial aircraft.

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

I watched your track. If you want to turn properly you should activate NWS first.

Fortunately, I found two real problems.

1. Animation Bug for main wheel rotation:

When the right brake is fully applied, you can see that the left and right wheels are not rotating;

When the left brake is fully applied, you can see that the right wheel behaves normally, but the left wheel rotates in sync with the right wheel.

2. Strange physical behavior:

When one of the brakes is fully applied, the plane can draw concentric circles whether NWS is activated or not.

Hi,

Thanks for the bug feedback!

The installer want to install in C, because most probably your Saved Games folder it’s in same Disk of your Windows OS.

The installer will retrieve automatically the correct folder for installation.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Silly me! NWS is of normal type in this mod. Thank you, and I feel foolish. NWS with differential braking is to tighten turn radius. I assumed that differential braking was the only method of taxing the aircraft. Being a simple single engine, lightweight trainer. Differential braking is used for small adjustments without NWS.

I notice that on mission start, as soon as FLY button is pressed, the HUD frame disappears. Is that a feature?

But here is a weird DCS bug with regards to this mod. Start the Instant Action/Cold and Dark/Persian Gulf. As soon as engine is started, or any movement od aircraft is detected by DCS, the aircraft falls through tarmac and into infinite ocean below. AV-8B does this at Vaziani in Georgia theater.

I notice that on mission start, as soon as FLY button is pressed, the HUD frame disappears. Is that a feature?

This behavior is due to the fact that we use only one 3D model and to do this we have to use the visibility arguments. The cockpit at each simulation loading is loaded with all its component, when the sinulation starts it will switch the visibility arguments according your payload (if you have smokes you will see the smoke panel without the Gunsight, if you have weapons you will see the Gunsight and the smoke panel will disappear)

Silly me! NWS is of normal type in this mod. Thank you, and I feel foolish. NWS with differential braking is to tighten turn radius. I assumed that differential braking was the only method of taxing the aircraft. Being a simple single engine, lightweight trainer. Differential braking is used for small adjustments without NWS.

As far as I know, most Soviet planes use differential brakes and most American planes use pedal brakes. :)

Edited by Xtan

First I want to thank you for this great MOD and you hard work!

We are creating a course in our virtual flight school (OFS) for the MB-339.

I want to take some screenshots with the Model Viewer 2.

But it tolds me a lot of textures are missing. I tried "Tools / Mount Textures / Mount folder" and used the path "saved games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\MB-339PAN\Textures" but it loads only 3 missing textures.

Can someone help me please.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

First I want to thank you for this great MOD and you hard work!

We are creating a course in our virtual flight school (OFS) for the MB-339.

I want to take some screenshots with the Model Viewer 2.

But it tolds me a lot of textures are missing. I tried "Tools / Mount Textures / Mount folder" and used the path "saved games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\MB-339PAN\Textures" but it loads only 3 missing textures.

Can someone help me please.

Hi,

Go to

...\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\ModelViewer\autoexec.lua

And add the lines shown in the attached picture ("Utente" must be your Windows user name).e40c59a5e54876fc6fb7f9c9cc176204.jpg

Grazie mille to developers for this free plane!!!

I have some questions about it:

- I can't see the map with F10, it's normal?

- Once time that the kneeboard is showed I can't make to disappear it like is showed in the attached picture.

Thanks

Hi!

I've tried to push F10 and the map appears. It is not a mod issue the one you are experiencing.

Regarding the kneeboard, it seems a bug, thank you for reporting it.

Another question, I can modify the custom view but when I restart the simulator, the custom view returns to default view.

Any help for this 3 questions?

You can change it acting in the lua files of the mod but if you have not experience in lua editing we don't recommend this action since it could introduce errors in the code of the mod with consequent malfuntioning.

My MB339 runs into invisible obstacles and explodes or damaged when taxiing. In PG, from cold and dark, as soon as MB339 starts rolling or begining of engine start, the aircraft inexplicably falls though terrain into infinite ocean below the terrain. What is that all about?

There are surely some problems in the EFM for the ground handling.

Poor Duke has no documentation so he's trying hard to fix that. :thumbup:

My MB339 runs into invisible obstacles and explodes or damaged when taxiing. In PG, from cold and dark, as soon as MB339 starts rolling or begining of engine start, the aircraft inexplicably falls though terrain into infinite ocean below the terrain. What is that all about?

Attach your Dcs.log here

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

I noticed the reticule is quite dim, even after turning up the brightness.

Yes, it's already in the buglist. In next release it will be white, and more brighter.

cLWhYyU.jpg

No way to make the plane flyable when Saved Games is not in C:\ (F:\Saved Games\DCSopenbeta for me) ?

If you have a team mate with the mb339 installed try to copy the mb folder and past to your F:\Saved Games\DCSopenbeta\Mods\ Aircraft, if you dont have a team mate with the 339 installed send me a PM.

PS you can also open the installer with 7zip.

Edited by PONY3_Aracno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No way to make the plane flyable when Saved Games is not in C:\ (F:\Saved Games\DCSopenbeta for me) ?

Post as attachment your dcs.log please