MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

Guys I installed the mod but the installation procedure did not let me chose the location, forcing the files on drive C while my DCS is installed on a dedicated drive D.

I manually moved the mod aircraft to drive D but DCS does not recognise it...

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is supposed to go into the Saved Games mods folder. Open the exe with 7zip or similar and just drag it to the correct folder.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The folder structure you are looking for should look like this when correct:

Open Beta 2.5.6.x

D:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\MB-339PAN\

or

Stable 2.5.5.x

D:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\MB-339PAN\

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

The folder structure you are looking for should look like this when correct:

Stable 2.5.5.x

D:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\MB-339PAN\

I don't have such a folder.

On my drive D there is only one folder called DCS World and from there I can see the folder Mods/aircraft with the 339 inside.

Sorry guys, 15+ years Mac user who just bought a PC exclusively for DCS...

Edited by doraymon
Oops

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

Guys I installed the mod but the installation procedure did not let me chose the location, forcing the files on drive C while my DCS is installed on a dedicated drive D.

I manually moved the mod aircraft to drive D but DCS does not recognise it...

Any ideas?

Hi Doraymon, in DCS all the mods should be installed in a subfolder of Saved Games, that usually is a folder present in the same disk of the operative system (C: ). The installer is able to install in the correct folder since it reads from the registry the position of Saved Games. So, let the installer make its work: choose only the DCS version you are using (Stable or openbeta) and click install.:smilewink:

Edited by Automan
typo

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Hi Doraymon, in DCS all the mods should be installed in a subfolder of Saved Games, that usually is a folder present in the same disk of the operative system (C: ). The installer is able to install in the correct folder since it reads from the registry the position of Saved Games. So, let the installer make its work: choose only the DCS version you are using (Stable or openbeta) and click install.:smilewink:

Grazie.

So if I understand well there is no way to install the module in a different drive other than the one where the Saved Games is, right?

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

Grazie.

So if I understand well there is no way to install the module in a different drive other than the one where the Saved Games is, right?

Well... The reason it has to go into \Saved Games\mods\aircraft is because this is where DCS reads and looks for Mods. If it's not there, DCS won't find it.

Now you can trick it to look "other" places through Windows commands.

I don't have my mods folder in Saved Games. I even share the mods folder between Open Beta and Stable, so I don't have to "install/waste space" twice. I even do this for Liveries, Input and some other stuff.

Windows hardlinks is what you want to use.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Well... The reason it has to go into \Saved Games\mods\aircraft is because this is where DCS reads and looks for Mods. If it's not there, DCS won't find it.

Actually all my mods are not on Saved Games on the C: drive, they are one a different folder on D: where I initially installed DCS.

But if I move the 339 folder in the same place with all the other aircrafts DCS will not read it when in the game.

To be precise I do see the folder in the installed modules menu but the aircraft won’t be available in the main screen or when choosing a mission... go figure...

Anyhow it’s not a big deal, I don’t want to pester this nice thread with this minor issue.

Thanks for your help, I will try playing with windows as you suggested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has the "No Custom Kneebaord Pages" bug been fixed? I am wondering where to put some Stores kneeboard cards.dQdp0oL.png
Hi!!

We have published a small fix some months ago: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307778/

You can put your kneeboard in mods/aircraft/mb339pan/cockpit/kneeboard

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

Hi!

Glad you like our little aircraft..

1. No, the aircraft is not equipped with radioaltimeter

2. It is in our bug tracker and we will try to fix it in the future.

So about the replay issue, is it going to be fixed in the next update or is there still some time.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Hi!!

We have published a small fix some months ago: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307778/

You can put your kneeboard in mods/aircraft/mb339pan/cockpit/kneeboard

Ok, the location of where the kneebaord files was what I was looking for. Thank you.

It worked, but the custom kneeboard page had to go in

"\Saved Games\DCS\mods\aircraft\MB-339PAN\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\pages"

Cheers

Ok, the location of where the kneebaord files was what I was looking for. Thank you.

It worked, but the custom kneeboard page had to go in

"\Saved Games\DCS\mods\aircraft\MB-339PAN\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\pages"

Cheers

Yeah sorry, I forgot to include the pages folder in my reply :)

:thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Without reading much of previous posts, has anybody having crashing of DCS upon wanting to get out of mission (to main menu or desktop)?

Yes, CTD or freeze are present since openbeta 2.5.6.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

MB-339 First Training Mission

Hi guys,

Attempting to make this into a series.

Special thanks to the Frecce Tricolori Virtuali

We have learned that third year cadets of the Italian Air Force Academy use our MB-339 for their internal activities.

We are proud of our work and wish these young guys a future full of great satisfaction!

We are proud to have been part of their formation, albeit to a lesser extent.

sIx1C4.jpg

GiNei9.jpg

Edited by FrecceTricoloriVirtuali