MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

It's the other way around. Frecce tricolore is dropping DCS to work on MSFS together with IFE.

No, DCS is, and will remain, our main simulator.

Its true that IFE is specialized on different platform but this does not means that we will drop DCS, a simulator that we love and we know very well.

Edited by PONY3_Aracno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Official DCS Module of MB-339 is coming?

:thumbup: Posted on Facebook From 3rd Party Developer Indiafoxtecho! :thumbup:

From the beginning of the commercial operations of IndiaFoxtEcho five years ago, many of you suggested (or should I say requested) that I should port my projects to DCS... even if just as simple mods.

I always bounced back those requests for a number of reasons, the main one being the fact that there DCS is a very different beast from other simulators and, to create a high quality module, you need a dedicated team.

OK...so here is the big "organizational" announcement I teased few days ago: in the past months I have been working with several developers to build a sustainable team of contractors able to create and support high-quality mods for DCS (and increase the productivity of IndiaFoxtEcho on other platforms too).

Together with that team, and thanks to their hard work, I have also been working with Eagle Dynamics and we are happy and proud to announce that INDIAFOXTECHO is now an OFFICIAL DCS THIRD PARTY DEVELOPER.

Given that many team members are part of the Frecce Tricolori Virtuali development team, I guess it is not surprising that our first project is the MB-339 for DCS: this will r an official payware module that will greatly expand the functionalities of the freeware mod and will feature substantially enhanced graphics.

We are working on other projects too, but we cannot announce anything at the moment.

One thing we can tell you that the team is committed to delivering high quality aircrafts with a high level of realism.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added details.
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Great! Good luck, will watch you guys.

What about the MB339 for DCS mod or module? What can we expect? Probably nothing in this year, or maybe 2.0.2 to keep bird flying. (Looks like last dcs update screwed something... not sure what the issue is yet, but I can't fly MB339 - it crash my dcs.)

LOL. That was quick: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2020-09-25/

Edited by Glow

All the best to the F.T.V. (Frecce Tricolori Virtuali) boys' commercial venture.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Congratulations. Your free module does earn a place in the payware section in dcs.

I am sure those sdk restriction that prevented the implementation of radio and other features would be out of the way now. Looking forward to what new aircraft would bring.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

MB-339/PAN: Added Logitech Speed Brake Slider Using 2 Position Switch

I love this little plane and will be buying the official module as soon as it comes out.

However, until then, I did finally figure out how to get the 2 Position Speedbrake Slider switch on my Logitech X56 Throttle to work correctly with the MB-339/PAN:

All I had to do was add one line to the default.lua that is located in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\MB-339PAN\Input\joystick

-- Airbrake Slider Switch Mod added in line 165
{down = iCommandPlaneAirBrake, up = iCommandPlaneAirBrake, name = _('Airbrake Slider OUT/IN'), category = _('Systems')},					-- Airbrake Slider Switch Mod

Helps anyone with an X55/X56 HOTAS or those that use a two-position toggle for Speed Brake.

The New Key Binding allows for a two-position Switch key binding for Speed Brake.

Switch Position Pressed - UP: Speed Brake Extended and stays in position until released.

Switch Position Released - DOWN : Speed Brake Retracted.

IFE and FTF - Thanks for this fantastic plane!

I would not mind if you can include a similar keybind in your future update as it would just mean the airbrake would function like other European planes, for example; AJS37 and M2000C

Cheers.

Airbrake Slider (2 Position Switch) Logitech X56 MB-339.zip

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Added Attachment
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I hadn't flown this in a while and decided to go for a nice flight. The cockpit textures are camo and can't see out with some verbiage on the camo texture "missing texture". Couldn't find anything on this issue, so can I assume if I just reinstall it'll be fine? On latest OB ver BTW.

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

I hadn't flown this in a while and decided to go for a nice flight. The cockpit textures are camo and can't see out with some verbiage on the camo texture "missing texture". Couldn't find anything on this issue, so can I assume if I just reinstall it'll be fine? On latest OB ver BTW.

Reinstall of the MB-339 Module can't hurt. Have you also tried a clean reboot or the good old delete the fxo and metashaders2 folders in your ..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ ?

Sometimes DCS just needs to refresh a few files. Good luck.

Reinstall of the MB-339 Module can't hurt. Have you also tried a clean reboot or the good old delete the fxo and metashaders2 folders in your ..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ ?

Sometimes DCS just needs to refresh a few files. Good luck.

Naw, had just finished a couple F18 missions and just wanted to relax with some real flying a bit before I ended. Will give that a try now since back on, and yea, been a bit since I deleted fxo and meta, should have done it after the latest update... :rolleyes

TYVM and grats on the news

R5 2600 @4.2 GHZ, 16GB ram @ 3133, 1060 6GB at 2100 and 4400 970 Evo, TM16000M FCS Flight Pack and old eyes. Just an old Hillbilly that does what he wants when he wants...if I can get out of bed!

Update: So deleted FXO and META files. Relaunch and the same. Fired up the mb339 installer, uninstalled the 2.5.5 open beta, rebooted launched mb339 installer and installed 2.5.5 open beta, relaunch and the same. Checked sanity (and autoupdate.cfg)! Opened "Everything" and had search for mb339 files to monitor dynamically, launche mb 339 installer and uninstalled 2.5.5 open beta...umm many files left, launched mb339 installer and uninstalled 2.5.5 release and watched all but 3 files disappear in "Everything", 1 miz file I might have created and 2 lua files that I read and appear to be mappings I did, moved these 3 files to a temp folder in different path root, launched mb339 installer and installed 2.5.5 open beta, launched DCS and the mb339 did not appear as an installed ac, launched mb339 installer and installed release not touching open beta, watched additional files being placed in same correct path, launched dcs, mb339 there, selected and cockpit windows now good!

Check sanity again and went to dcs backup on separate drive of stable just prior to going open beta and checked autoupdate.cfg and only plane I got installed was the F15 in stable release. Put lua files back and miz file, relaunched dcs and loaded miz file...was one I created to fly mb339 in PG after PG was released, worked fine, rechecked other mb339 location (cauc) and still good!

Bottom line, used mb339 to uninstall the mb339 from BOTH release and open beta, reinstalled both and it fixed my problem (at least my computer issue with it!)

Edit addendum: Really is a nice plane to fly, Thank you!

Edited by Ddaddy

Update: So deleted FXO and META files. Relaunch and the same. Fired up the mb339 installer, uninstalled the 2.5.5 open beta, rebooted launched mb339 installer and installed 2.5.5 open beta, relaunch and the same. Checked sanity (and autoupdate.cfg)! Opened "Everything" and had search for mb339 files to monitor dynamically, launche mb 339 installer and uninstalled 2.5.5 open beta...umm many files left, launched mb339 installer and uninstalled 2.5.5 release and watched all but 3 files disappear in "Everything", 1 miz file I might have created and 2 lua files that I read and appear to be mappings I did, moved these 3 files to a temp folder in different path root, launched mb339 installer and installed 2.5.5 open beta, launched DCS and the mb339 did not appear as an installed ac, launched mb339 installer and installed release not touching open beta, watched additional files being placed in same correct path, launched dcs, mb339 there, selected and cockpit windows now good!

Check sanity again and went to dcs backup on separate drive of stable just prior to going open beta and checked autoupdate.cfg and only plane I got installed was the F15 in stable release. Put lua files back and miz file, relaunched dcs and loaded miz file...was one I created to fly mb339 in PG after PG was released, worked fine, rechecked other mb339 location (cauc) and still good!

Bottom line, used mb339 to uninstall the mb339 from BOTH release and open beta, reinstalled both and it fixed my problem (at least my computer issue with it!)

Edit addendum: Really is a nice plane to fly, Thank you!

No need to to use installer. Just unzip it, and then you can move the MB-339 folder in and out of the mods folder as you please. I share my mods folder between stable and OB.

Glad you got it working though!

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yes sir, that would, in hindsight, worked the first time... hehe... I spent a lot of time just looking at stuff like all the dds images trying to find the issue as I like to figure out what went wrong to cause it in the first place, can always speculate like an update did it but knowing is different. Also find it interesting that all the files necessary wasn't extracted. Maybe I just did something wrong and maybe a dev can provide some insight, for those who might get the ac and install it. It really is a good plane to just fly as it requires a more basic flying skill set, imo.

But yea, your advice is the best for anyone else having an issue most likely and maybe devs will give it a look for folks installing it in the future as it'd be a shame for some to try installing and be unsuccessful for some reason and just give up and move on.

O7 @ MAXsenna and thank you : )

Ah, see your from Oslo! I flew into Bodo a few times catching liberty rides and enjoyed sub hunting and overheads going there. A beautiful Country, the cliffs you see flying in along the coastline is just breathe taking ...cold as heck though! More so than Iceland (home base)! I actually still have a jacket I bought from there and still wear it, holding up well after 35ish years! O7

Edited by Ddaddy

Yes sir, that would, in hindsight, worked the first time... hehe... I spent a lot of time just looking at stuff like all the dds images trying to find the issue as I like to figure out what went wrong to cause it in the first place, can always speculate like an update did it but knowing is different. Also find it interesting that all the files necessary wasn't extracted. Maybe I just did something wrong and maybe a dev can provide some insight, for those who might get the ac and install it. It really is a good plane to just fly as it requires a more basic flying skill set, imo.

But yea, your advice is the best for anyone else having an issue most likely and maybe devs will give it a look for folks installing it in the future as it'd be a shame for some to try installing and be unsuccessful for some reason and just give up and move on.

O7 @ MAXsenna and thank you : )

Ah, see your from Oslo! I flew into Bodo a few times catching liberty rides and enjoyed sub hunting and overheads going there. A beautiful Country, the cliffs you see flying in along the coastline is just breathe taking ...cold as heck though! More so than Iceland (home base)! I actually still have a jacket I bought from there and still wear it, holding up well after 35ish years! O7

Thank you! Glad you liked it here!

Yeah, Bodø is an important place. Did you ever go underground? Rumors has it that the underground hangars and shelters were "larger" than the town at one time!

Well, hopefully DCS will expand here and there, so maybe one day we can have Northern Europe cold War scenario. That would be fun!

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

No, didn't do underground! Did do some locals though ; ) NCO, what can I say! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

where would one get the zip file?

I have the installer from their site which is saying it can't find the 2.5.5 open beta branch.

I have 2.5.6 branch installed.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

1813510244_AuthorizationFailedMB-339PANOriginalMod.thumb.jpg.77ba28279f624d531d469de9aa85a0dd.jpg I have to hit the OK button or DCS will never start.

Please help Me delete the mod, I removed every instance I could find, but its not in any aircraft modules on DCS Updater GUI

but it does show up under "Unlicensed Independent Modules: but when I click on the icon, it brings Me here.

Clear Skies and thanks for any help. I tried to delete every lua file that had 339PAN in it.