MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

16 hours ago, huligan said:

dos't works in 2.7.11 :((((((((((((((((((

game not started with this mode

... repair with new Weapons_BRD.lua !!!

Where do you put new file ? Because it goes in the MB-339 directory in Saved Games, works fines for me.

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Il 18/3/2022 at 09:04, Urbi ha scritto:

This mod is to blame for openbeta not starting after the last update. Ed finds a script error and prevents it from starting. The guilty script file is in the weapons folder named weapons_brd. here is a working lua to share.

7 kB · 59 download

Thanks a lot, Urbi!

As an Italian, I appreciated that a lot.

With best regards.

• Like 1

6 часов назад, Morpheus сказал:

in Saved Games

I have it in same folder too.But without fix lua  DCS.beta 2.7.11 dos't start.

I put it file in

C:\Users\YOUNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\MB-339PAN\Weapons\

Edited by huligan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING X 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

54 minutes ago, huligan said:

I have it in same folder too.But without fix lua  DCS.beta 2.7.11 dos't start.

Iput it file in

C:\Users\YOUNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\MB-339PAN\Weapons\

Ok I misunderstood your reply, thinking you had a problem 😉

• Like 2

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

May be it is time to revisit this gem while waiting...

Edit: I am tired of waiting, I add this plane as flyable to my Convoy Attack mission.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

It is still flyable but many animations are gone.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

32 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

But DCS starts?
Before I applied the fix, DCS wouldn't even start for me. emoji2373.png

On my cell, and Tapatalk won't let me open the log. emoji848.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yes, with the .lua , DCS starts normally (without the lua it does not even start, as indicated before in the thread).

I can sea the 339 in the mission editor, chose the liveries and the rest.

But, as soon as I go flying, 1s after the cockpit appears, DCS crashes.

Can't understand what could it be, since I read that it should be fine with the .lua in the 339 weapons folder...

About the log, I can normally open it with Notepad and a Pc...don't know with a mobile, maybe you need to rename it with .txt extention to open it with your mobile??

Edited by TomcatFly
  • Like 1

Yes, with the .lua , DCS starts normally (without the lua it does not even start, as indicated before in the thread).
I can sea the 339 in the mission editor, chose the liveries and the rest.
But, as soon as I go flying, 1s after the cockpit appears, DCS crashes.
Can't understand what could it be, since I read that it should be fine with the .lua in the 339 weapons folder...
Yeah, baffles me too. I'll get home tomorrow. If I get the chance, I'll look at your log.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah, baffles me too. I'll get home tomorrow. If I get the chance, I'll look at your log.

Ok thank you so much!

Let me know if you discover the reason or have any suggestion!😉

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 3:33 PM, TomcatFly said:

Ok thank you so much!

Let me know if you discover the reason or have any suggestion!😉

Don't know what's happening, but text got lost. Trying FF now.

I do not have this entry in my log.

image.png

I don't get these as well.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I guess it crashed when you hit "Fly", but you got that far at least. 😉

image.png

Could you restart DCS, and the first thing you do, is start an MB-339 quickstart mission. As I read from your post that you started from the ME, and I saw a livery issue regarding the module and ME, but can't find it again, as your log is quite extensive.

Cheers!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Don't know what's happening, but text got lost. Trying FF now.

I do not have this entry in my log.

image.png

I don't get these as well.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I guess it crashed when you hit "Fly", but you got that far at least. 😉

image.png

Could you restart DCS, and the first thing you do, is start an MB-339 quickstart mission. As I read from your post that you started from the ME, and I saw a livery issue regarding the module and ME, but can't find it again, as your log is quite extensive.

Cheers!

Well, I have the feeling that indeed it crashed just after FLY button pressed, even if I could see the cockpit for a while.

First time after install, I clearly remember that on the livery page there was not the 339 (strangely), but Mirage. Then I remember I closed DCS and on next opening, doing a mission with the 339 it got the liveries with no problems anymore.

Anyway, as soon as hit the FLY button, it crashed again and same way.

I then removed it since I really can't understand the reason.

Anyway, if with the modified .lua (I added of course), it will not have IAS and other important indicator working, the 339 is nonsense for myself and in this case I will prefer to wait for the new official one arriving hopefully soon.

My log is quite extensive sinc ein the past, if I remember weel, I set a pra somewhere to induce an extensive log that in case of probs could probably be more helpful.

But I'm very keen on this, so I can't help it more about this.

Thank you

Edited by TomcatFly
  • Like 1

Was this not supposed to be a 3rd party payware module? I seem to remember seeing it on ED Friday news.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

1 hour ago, westr said:

Was this not supposed to be a 3rd party payware module? I seem to remember seeing it on ED Friday news.

It is and it will be. The last details were still about the previous unofficial version (the free version), anyway not anymore supported since some time, as indicated by the team some time ago in this thread.

• Like 1

• FrecceTricoloriVirtuali changed the title to MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)
  • 2 weeks later...

A quick fix for now that worked for me is to edit entry.lua and comment out the loading of Weapons_BRD.lua as that is what is causing errors for me:

after commenting it looks like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dofile(current_mod_path.."/Weapons/Weapons.lua") -- Smoke + Tank + POD GUN
dofile(current_mod_path.."/Weapons/Weapons_Rocket.lua") -- RAZZIERA LR-25 + RAZZI SNIA-BPD ARF/8M3 HEI/API + LAU-10
--dofile(current_mod_path.."/Weapons/Weapons_BRD.lua") -- DISPENSER BDR + MK76
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like you then lose the practise bombs

The MB-339 & all of the included missions are loading for me, but if you have a mission including the above loadouts it might not load

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I applied the "Weapons fix" from the post above and now DCS is working and I can fly the plane. Unfortunately some gauges are not working (e.g. Airspeed, Exhaust temperature, Fuel flow, Oil pressure). Is there any method to fix these not working gauges?

34 minutes ago, Cat107 said:

I applied the "Weapons fix" from the post above and now DCS is working and I can fly the plane. Unfortunately some gauges are not working (e.g. Airspeed, Exhaust temperature, Fuel flow, Oil pressure). Is there any method to fix these not working gauges?

No, part of 3D model so no update.

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG