MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

First of all congratulation and many thanks for this beautiful mod !

I have a slight request:

Could someone with Adobe Photoshop convert the .psb files of the paint kit template to .psd so that users of GIMP such as myself can use them too ? I have failed to find a good online converter...Thank you in advance !

Hi and thank you!

If you want the paint kit you can find it on the first post.

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

First of all congratulation and many thanks for this beautiful mod !

I have a slight request:

Could someone with Adobe Photoshop convert the .psb files of the paint kit template to .psd so that users of GIMP such as myself can use them too ? I have failed to find a good online converter...Thank you in advance !

Hi, I'm the author of the template. The reason why it's PSB file is because the template available to public was resized from my source of 8K and was saved as PSB cause it's very big in size, and was over the 2gb limit for PSD saving. Once the file is converted to PSB you can't turn back in Photoshop, unless you use some thirdy party applications online.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

First I want to say thank you for this great mod and your hard work.

I like the mb339 really and it is working fine in sigle player.

This week we tested it in multiplayer with multi cockpit, but we had a lot of problems. The second pilot was not able to use any switch in the cockpit and there was no syncronisation. The front pilot closed the canopy but for the second pilot the canopy was open. And he was unable to close it himself. Sometimes taking controls with J doesn't switch all axis to the second pilot. Then I pressed J multiple times and our aircraft warped into the orbit.

On an airstart after we switched controls and the turbine switched off.

All the problems look like the mb339 is unusable in multi-cockpit mode right now. But maybe we did something wrong? Or maybe it is related to DCS updates? Who is able to use the multi-cockpit mode of the mb339 at the moment and can give me some help? :pilotfly:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

First I want to say thank you for this great mod and your hard work.

I like the mb339 really and it is working fine in sigle player.

This week we tested it in multiplayer with multi cockpit, but we had a lot of problems. The second pilot was not able to use any switch in the cockpit and there was no syncronisation. The front pilot closed the canopy but for the second pilot the canopy was open. And he was unable to close it himself. Sometimes taking controls with J doesn't switch all axis to the second pilot. Then I pressed J multiple times and our aircraft warped into the orbit.

On an airstart after we switched controls and the turbine switched off.

All the problems look like the mb339 is unusable in multi-cockpit mode right now. But maybe we did something wrong? Or maybe it is related to DCS updates? Who is able to use the multi-cockpit mode of the mb339 at the moment and can give me some help? :pilotfly:

Currently there is no multicrew sync, but we will work on it later. The problems that you have described are normality for now...

We are working on onboard systems now, the multicrew sync will be implemented after all systems will be totally coded.

The only suggestion for now is doing the same action of the pilot in order to mitigate the issues you experienced.

But the second pilot can not click on any button or switch at the moment. Is this right? Should he do it with keybindings only?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Hi, I'm the author of the template. The reason why it's PSB file is because the template available to public was resized from my source of 8K and was saved as PSB cause it's very big in size, and was over the 2gb limit for PSD saving. Once the file is converted to PSB you can't turn back in Photoshop, unless you use some thirdy party applications online.

Hi thank you for your answer anyway ! I will try o find a way around :smilewink:

Good luck with this guys, downloaded it today and flown it.. top job, but i have a question, my plane has no hud!!? Any thing i missed with the normal instal??

Cheers

Many thanks! :)

The gunsight appears only if you have weapons loaded, it is normal.

Please, post on the new official thread.

Hi there.

Many thanks for the work you have put into this free mod. I installed it yesterday and have been having a lot of fun with it.

I am experiencing quite regular DCS crashes with the mod installed though. The log file always contains the following three lines at the end when it crashes...

2019-09-16 10:13:02.394 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'vasca339_norm' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'
2019-09-16 10:13:03.780 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'gunsight339_spec' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'
2019-09-16 10:13:04.527 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'mb339-cockpit_instr_refl' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'

I have uploaded the full log as a txt file in case it helps.

EDIT : This may be a complete red herring, but if I fly in the unarmed version first in the factory livery then after that it does not crash. I have only tested this two or three times, but it seems to be the case.

dcs.txt

Edited by Jedra

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

Hi there.

Many thanks for the work you have put into this free mod. I installed it yesterday and have been having a lot of fun with it.

I am experiencing quite regular DCS crashes with the mod installed though. The log file always contains the following three lines at the end when it crashes...

2019-09-16 10:13:02.394 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'vasca339_norm' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'
2019-09-16 10:13:03.780 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'gunsight339_spec' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'
2019-09-16 10:13:04.527 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'mb339-cockpit_instr_refl' not found. Asked from 'NGMODEL'

I have uploaded the full log as a txt file in case it helps.

EDIT : This may be a complete red herring, but if I fly in the unarmed version first in the factory livery then after that it does not crash. I have only tested this two or three times, but it seems to be the case.

Hi, those lines are there from long time: they are some orphanus map unlinked from materials and exported in cockpit model, but this will not CTD the sim.

I’ve read all the log, and really I think that you don’t have a Real crash, but simply a close to desktop of the sim, maybe due to too high ram usage in an heavy mission.

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

The mission had two MB-339s, both clients so only one spawned. Nothing else.

I certainly do think it is a memory issue, but related to this module as I get no other crashes with other modules and missions.

Sometimes it just crashes to desktop and sometimes DCS catches the crash and performs a dump. I'll post up the dump next time it crashes with one. In the meantime, I'll keep trying to create a positive replication.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

Hi guys!

I just downloaded this nice mod, and installed with MB-339_v2.0.exe ,

but if I make an empty mission, only MB-339 within, the plane doesnt appear.When I try to take the control over an AI MB-339, the game says that it cant be controlled.

Could you help me please?

Hi guys!

I just downloaded this nice mod, and installed with MB-339_v2.0.exe ,

but if I make an empty mission, only MB-339 within, the plane doesnt appear.When I try to take the control over an AI MB-339, the game says that it cant be controlled.

Could you help me please?

Hi, probably your windows user name has special characters or spaces. Can you confirm it?

Hi 6S.Duke!

First thnk you for the quick answer.

Yes, there is an ó in my username.What should I do then?

Thanks

The problem is that DCS doesn't load the dll from Saved games folder for mods if you have special charachter in your user name. You can follow two ways:

1. Changing your user name

2. Moving the saved game folder

The second option is described in this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4030769

How good of quality is this mod compared with official full fidelity modules?

Have y'all thought about releasing it to ED as 3rd party status but keep the mod here to download for free? That way, people can pay to have the module included in the full game and would be able to join MP servers, etc. even if everyone does not have it downloaded.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Hey guys!

First of all, even if it'd go without saying, thank you for the great mod(ule!), doubly so, because I'm Italian! ;)

I have a couple of questions about the weapons, I couldn't find the answer I was looking for in this nor the previous thread.

1) what kind of warhead do the Matra 155 have?

2) I tried to find out more real life information about the LR-25 and the ARF/8M3 rockets, but couldn't find anything on the Internet, have some pointer?

3) Not sure if the -A you're modelling was/is capable of carrying them, but I'll ask anyway: any plan to add AIM-9s and/or R.550s?

Thanks again for all of your work and for the answers!

So finally got some time to try out the new release, and wow!

Amazing difference from the first, very very nice work! I fly in VR and taking off gave me the feeling of taking off, even more so than in the F-18. Just superb!

Will certainly be looking forward to future updates (Practicing ILS landings would be a lot of fun) but for now, time to practice maneuvers! :D

Is there a way to zoom the view in this plane?

In the Reapers' video, he's doing it with his TrackIR, but I can't find anything under the Axis settings.

thx

I would suggest to wait the patch but if you want to try, go to joystick/default.lua, under "axis commands" add the following line: {action = iCommandViewZoomAbs,name = _('Zoom View')},

Furthermore, the TIR correction will be part of the patch too but until it is not released you can fix it yourself. Go to the thread linked below, download the zip file and unzip it to MB-339PAN/Input folder. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4036871

Enjoy!