MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

Hey guys!

First of all, even if it'd go without saying, thank you for the great mod(ule!), doubly so, because I'm Italian! ;)

I have a couple of questions about the weapons, I couldn't find the answer I was looking for in this nor the previous thread.

1) what kind of warhead do the Matra 155 have?

2) I tried to find out more real life information about the LR-25 and the ARF/8M3 rockets, but couldn't find anything on the Internet, have some pointer?

3) Not sure if the -A you're modelling was/is capable of carrying them, but I'll ask anyway: any plan to add AIM-9s and/or R.550s?

Thanks again for all of your work and for the answers!

Hi, I will try to reply :D

1) For the Matra launcher we have simply recalled what it's already in the weapons database (was introduced by Razbam with the release of Mirage 2000) and SNEB rockets should be a HE fragment warhead. If you mean what in real life use, it can carry also HEAT, Anti-personell, smoke, and training

2)The LR-25, nickname "ORIONE", was a launcher produced in Italy by the AEREA factory, initially employed with G-91Y, and F-104 bomber variant. Italy was in search of small caliber rockets for CAS, and the 50mm rockets family produced by SNIA-BPD consortium were choosen: it's derived from ARF/8M2 employed in FIROS6 saturation batteries. In the various exhibit by Aermacchi from late '70 to half of '80, the 339 was showed with some arsenal never adopted or entered in production: during those times the AEREA renewed the LR-25 employing alluminium alloy and renamed AL-25-50, introduced a smaller variant AL-18-50 (18 rockets instead of 25) and the AL-12-80 with powerful SNORA rockets (12x 80mm SNORA rockets).

Mounted on G-91Y completed with AFT fairing and frangible nose

SJKsUOQ.jpg

Technical data

0H5l3Ur.png

3) Well… short answer: No, the A like we have now never operated with missile attached. BTW, the Sidewinder and Magic flyed with Mb-339 serial I-GROW, A variant that was a testbed platform for MB-339B (never produced) and MB-339C

sHuiaBZ.jpg

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Hi, I will try to reply :D

Grazie mille, Automan, you satisfactorily answered all of my questions!

1) For the Matra launcher we have simply recalled what it's already in the weapons database (was introduced by Razbam with the release of Mirage 2000) and SNEB rockets should be a HE fragment warhead. If you mean what in real life use, it can carry also HEAT, Anti-personell, smoke, and training

Yeah, I knew the various warheads in real life, I wanted to know which one was used in game, to know against which type of targets to use them. Gotta ask, though, any plan on expanding the variety of warheads? (Even though I'm guessing it's not going to be easy, since you used an already existing weapon...)

2)The LR-25, nickname "ORIONE", was a launcher produced in Italy by the AEREA factory, initially employed with G-91Y, and F-104 bomber variant. Italy was in search of small caliber rockets for CAS, and the 50mm rockets family produced by SNIA-BPD consortium were choosen: it's derived from ARF/8M2 employed in FIROS6 saturation batteries. In the various exhibit by Aermacchi from late '70 to half of '80, the 339 was showed with some arsenal never adopted or entered in production: during those times the AEREA renewed the LR-25 employing alluminium alloy and renamed AL-25-50, introduced a smaller variant AL-18-50 (18 rockets instead of 25) and the AL-12-80 with powerful SNORA rockets (12x 80mm SNORA rockets).

Wow, thank you, I'm even more grateful, since you've filled a big (and pretty shameful, given their are Italian rockets :P ) gap in my aeronautical knowledge, I didn't know (or forgot, I'm guessing I had already seen images of the G.91 with rocket pods) about this weapon.

3) Well… short answer: No, the A like we have now never operated with missile attached. BTW, the Sidewinder and Magic flyed with Mb-339 serial I-GROW, A variant that was a testbed platform for MB-339B (never produced) and MB-339C

Thanks, even for the bluntness, I had hoped to be able to use the 339 for some air to air with something more than guns... but, who knows, maybe one day this'll become a full fidelity module with more than one variant! :smilewink:

Grazie ancora for your answers and all the work you and team put into this wonderful little aircraft!

I would suggest to wait the patch but if you want to try, go to joystick/default.lua, under "axis commands" add the following line: {action = iCommandViewZoomAbs,name = _('Zoom View')},

Furthermore, the TIR correction will be part of the patch too but until it is not released you can fix it yourself. Go to the thread linked below, download the zip file and unzip it to MB-339PAN/Input folder. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4036871

Enjoy!

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

Thanks for the help, Duke. Worked like a charm.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

Bravissimo!! What a gem I discovered by watching Grim Reapers! Gentlemen, on behalf of all the aviation nerds, geeks, sofa and real pilots, a big thank you.. Somehow it gave us back what VEAO in conjunction with ED took us.

Certainly, a lot of things on the roadmap but man, that thing already shines! I am a SEP pilot so I cannot put my hand on fire regarding the FM but it certainly feels like what I imagine a straight wing, underpowered, single engine trainer feels like.

Stable, docile, forgiving, demonstrative, it really feels coherent and conjoint..

Please give us working radionavs & gps and we will no longer need other sims.. (Well apart from the A2A stuff..)

A.

Amazing!! Grandi!!

Any news about the next update?

:)

We are testing the patch internally.

The patch will be a bug fix release with the addition of some features like internal lights and other minor changes on engine e cockpit.

This will be the base for the future development which is already in progress on a separate branch.

Hi guys,

I loved this module and decided to find a good ballistic setting for weapon employment.

I hope you like the video I made to demonstrate the weapon use.

I like the module so much that I even contributed a bit via PayPal. You guys deserve it!

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

This airplane is a work of art, even in its early days. I just PP'd the team $100. I'm not bragging -- I just want to encourage other happy MB-339A pilots to help them out with whatever amount you can afford - I'm sure they'd appreciate ten bucks or a Starbucks gift cert (and btw I am sooo not a Starbucks fan, but it seems to be a sort of universal currency these days). There is a huuuge amount of work that's gone into this airplane module, and I'm a bit in awe of that.

I have been spending a fair amount of time in DCS-W over the last few months, primarily in the A-10C (I bought a printed version of the manual! (from lulu.com) and the SA-342 Gazelle (all in single player training mode). I am so impressed with the team's work -- is this really a free module?

I am hoping to fly it multi-crew with a friend, once I can get my standalone server working (but that's a topic for a different post).

My only request at this point is to offer a different installation directory/drive. I am driving an Acer Predator laptop with a teeny (?) 256GB main drive, and so I added a 512MB SSD second drive, which is where I like to install non-Windows applications/mods.

That is a low-priority request -- for now I can live with it, but I do try to keep non-Windows chaff off of the C: drive where possible.

TT4N,

Blave.

My only request at this point is to offer a different installation directory/drive. I am driving an Acer Predator laptop with a teeny (?) 256GB main drive, and so I added a 512MB SSD second drive, which is where I like to install non-Windows applications/mods.

That is a low-priority request -- for now I can live with it, but I do try to keep non-Windows chaff off of the C: drive where possible.

TT4N,

Blave.

Hi Blave, in DCS all non official modules like the 339 are loaded from the Saved Games folder. This folder is automatically created by Windows installation, like all personal folders(Documents, Pictures, Videos for example), in the C disk under Users/your name.

We cannot change the way our mod is loaded in Dcs, so the only suggestion I have is to move your Saved Games folder in the root of your new bigger disk.

You can see here a guide on how-to:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/moving-your-personal-data-folders-in-windows-vista-the-easy-way/

Moving this folder in the correct way(not cut & paste ;)) will not prevent other games you may have to work since the location is retrieved by the games in the registry of Windows.

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

:)

We are testing the patch internally.

The patch will be a bug fix release with the addition of some features like internal lights and other minor changes on engine e cockpit.

This will be the base for the future development which is already in progress on a separate branch.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Still loving the new flight model, simply superb!

May I ask how far down the line ILS / TACAN navigation is on the list?

Hi guys,

I loved this module and decided to find a good ballistic setting for weapon employment.

I hope you like the video I made to demonstrate the weapon use.

I like the module so much that I even contributed a bit via PayPal. You guys deserve it!

All the best,

Sydy

Thank you for this awesome video/tutorial!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Sydy,

thank you for your video, those parameters definitely improved my hit percentages!

Waiting for the secret weapon manual, I have a question for you all: is it just me (or my controller setup), or the airplane is a bit wobbly, especially on yaw axis, when you put her in a dive and try to line up to a target? Any suggestion for axes curves?

Hey Sydy,

thank you for your video, those parameters definitely improved my hit percentages!

Waiting for the secret weapon manual, I have a question for you all: is it just me (or my controller setup), or the airplane is a bit wobbly, especially on yaw axis, when you put her in a dive and try to line up to a target? Any suggestion for axes curves?

Hi Gianky,

I am happy that it helped a bit. Cool! Don’t hold your breath for the Classified Weapon Manual! :megalol:

The curves vary a lot and depends on the joystick. What joystick do you have?

All the best,

Sydy

Hey Sydy,

To avoid/mitigate the wobbles maintain your wings leveled and correct de dive avoiding high pedal excursion.

The MB-339 has no modern flight controls sistems or yaw dampers, so that behavior is normal. The rudder is directly linked to pedals like in a general aviation aircraft.

Sure, I understand... I rarely use the rudder when airborne, and I'm careful how I use the stick. It's a relatively old aircraft, with interesting flight characteristics.

I was just interested how it might be for formation, given the slightly wobbly yaw characteristics. Seems OK though.

Again, enjoying it very much.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

"DCS 2.5 relese not found in savegame"

This comes up when I try to install it

First, noob question, are you sure you are running the release branch?

Post a dcs.log using attachment clip