ORBX for DCS ??

Lenux

I just saw this thread, and I'd like to ask you guys, if there are more details about

Thank you very much

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3944410&postcount=86

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I know what ORBX is

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

That comment is less than a month old. It's not an announcement of incoming features. All he said was they talked to each other about maybe someday. Don't read into it more than was actually said. Even if they negotiate something it will be a long time before we see anything. At this point they haven't even come to terms, so will be years at any rate.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

DCS needs more maps.

With all those AMAZING aircrafts, that would be awesome.

ORBX / ORTHO with some great overlays, military bases, airfields, etc ...

• 2 years later...
On 7/2/2019 at 4:43 PM, Neon67 said:

when is the release date? 😮

just wait

lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lenux said:

just wait

lol

😂 

As someone once said...........   ""Two weeks, be sure"

• Like 2

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

On 7/2/2019 at 8:40 AM, Mars Exulte said:

Even if they negotiate something it will be a long time before we see anything. At this point they haven't even come to terms, so will be years at any rate.

Three years, as it turns out.

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

On 8/5/2022 at 2:43 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

3 years has not bad to learn a new engine and a new tool to build maps.

For someone that has been at the top on other platforms/flight-sims (they are), 3 years to learn a new engine and a new tool to build maps seems like a very slow worflow, IMHO.

I'm now imagining how long it'll be for the whole finished product.......  🥱🥴💀

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

3 minutes ago, LucShep said:

For someone that has been at the top on other platforms/flight-sims, 3 years to learn a new engine and a new tool to build maps really seems like a very slow worflow, IMHO.

I'm now imagining how long it'll be for them to actually produce the whole finished product.......  🥱🥴💀

DCS World has no a XP, MSFS clone... has a new engine with has none to do with other products.

• Like 1

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, LucShep said:

For someone that has been at the top on other platforms/flight-sims (they are), 3 years to learn a new engine and a new tool to build maps seems like a very slow worflow, IMHO.

It takes as long as they need, we have only just announced the project, please be patient. 

and please stay on topic here, DCS and Orbx

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, LucShep said:

You would assume as payware campaigns are being produced for the map and screenshots have been released that development is quite advanced 🤔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LucShep said:

Wags mentioned they talked to them at an expo 3 years ago.
That does not mean their Development Path started 3 years ago,
And it's not like they shared a Dr. Pepper and said we'll get on it tomorrow, there's legal items and contracts that have to be drafted and signed.

DCS Uses a completely different engine, it's not copy/paste, adjust a few LUA's and compile a bin and it's done.

the only stuff they'd be able to move is the Assets in their base form, 3D models would need to be re-animated, and materials adjusted, they'd be able to take terrain elevation data to the new SDK to generate terrain mesh and maybe textures but they'd need reworked as DCS uses a different lighting engine as well.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 5

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

22 hours ago, USSInchon said:

I'm just excited to have a natural home for the F-5E, F-16C, Viggen, and F/A-18C.  As well as most of the Russian/Soviet catalogue.

Sabres too! 😄 Not sure about the Huey. 

And of course you Yanks brought your stuff for exercises. Like Tomcats and Apaches. 😉

• Like 3

Enjoyed the area in the old Jane's F/A-18, my first real introduction to sim carrier ops and Orbx is well known is the MSFS community. Used to have a campaign that Wags made for it somewhere long ago, surely there's someone out there to re-create that when it's done.

• Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

ED replies to this random Twitter post implying that the new maps will form part of their “whole world” project. In this case are the new maps going to be created against a globe rather than flat as iirc the current maps are?

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook bla, bla, bla........... da hype and da cherries 🍒's  ........... I just wanna see this sim outa BETA and a FORUM TAB for Dynamic Campaign and WORLD MAP Development anything else is........... 🍒's

Like carrots for a Donkey 🤣

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

There will never have DCS world out of beta however the Orbix map will be a released feature complete in a few years.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

So do you normally go and buy unfinished purchases ........ strange - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta

I enjoy buying finished games with a patch or update to fix or repair is reasonable but ongoing issues with many developmental areas after 15 years being unfinished is a little unbearable and for the high cost of modules half baked not worth spending anymore............ do I support ED as a fan YES but ain't going to spend anymore though.

I sincerely doubt as you say maps will be complete being an air combat sim in continuous Beta status, seriously doubt it knowing sim history.

As for further support to this opinion look at the many threads people requesting to finish products half baked, however you look at it its just not fair.

Maybe one day will see air combat sims like in past but currently very disappointing as a sim gamer.

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

^ Although I'm not happy about eternal unfinished offerings, that's the direction video gaming industry has been heading for many years, making the linked classic definitions of software life cycle not valid anymore. 

Either one deals with it, or one changes hobby.

In modules I own I try to concentrate on things which work and not to dwell too much on things that don't. As long as the former outweigh the latter, I'm still getting my money's worth out of this sim. I also don't buy everything that gets released just for the sake of buying or "supporting the devs" (which is a cancer concept in itself if you ask me) and choose only aircraft and maps I'm really, REALLY interested in. Kola map is not one of these, so already know I'll pass on it, but I'm going to follow this release with some interest, because:

a) it's the first major player in terrain addons industry that's going to cooperate with ED;

b) it will be interesting to see if their vast experience in using satellite imagery (with its inherent flaw of looking awesome up high but crap down low) translates well to DCS.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.