Pimax Beta Update 144

fiddlinjim

The latest Pimax Beta Update has some new features that I don't know what they are for or how to utilize them:

Screen vertical offset adjustment function;

RGB color adjustment function;

Global Settings and Individual setting profile;

If anyone can explain the function and and how best to use them it would be most appreciated.

Post stolen from the Pimax forums:

The screen vertical offset value moves the whole image up or down. You can move the left/right screen up/down separately. I found that putting both to -0.5 which moves the image up a bit seems to make my eyes feel better. EDIT not really sure though

Most of the other settings are now in the Games tab which means you can configure them per game (which I haven’t tried yet)

The RGB adjustment applies to the Contrast and Brightness settings. Where before when you adjust Contrast or Brightness it applied to all color channels, now you can select each color channel and set their Contrast and Brightness to different values. This is pretty great as it allows a lot of color adjustment which you can (supposedly) assign to each game. Can easily fix yellowish tone of 8K or bluish tone of 5K+.

And yes, don’t forget to click Save after changes. I just tried making changes and hitting Save and restarting and everything kept their values correctly (I think).

And as far as Global and individual settings are concerned - This means you can choose to apply all adjustments to all games, or have adjustments for specific games only.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Per game settings only works for games that you can run from the pitool games tab.

I cant get DCS to run properly from this tab as it fails the licence check of older modules (A10C, KA50 etc)

Anyone have a fix?

Only fix is to disable any modules that have keys.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

I notice "The Resolution Setting" in Pitool always resets to 1 everytime you restart Pitool....slightly annoying

No, it doesn't!!!

Just use the "SAVE" option in Pitool...

It'd be better to go through the new version closely before posting such confusing things! :huh:

Cheers

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

No, it doesn't!!!

Just use the "SAVE" option in Pitool...

It'd be better to go through the new version closely before posting such confusing things! :huh:

Cheers

Whoops....didn't see that,Thx for pointing it out.

Patrick

mini.gif

Can you read the the text on the instruments in DCS with the pimax?

Yes, you can.

Keep in mind that this is one eye only. And through the lens is notoriously hard to film.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1