Problems with the campaign

royphsle

Hi, when I recently played Spitfire Epsom Campaign, I discovered that the missions text and the different map drawings for the missions in the game was gone, why? I don't know if it happened after the new dcs update, but it's strange and annoying. The Mustang Charnwood Campaign has the same problem:( I need help to fix this, please!!

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi, thanks for asking but this is normal. The briefings are in pdf format and located at Mods\campaigns\Spitfire IX Epsom\Doc in your DCS: World installation folder. The briefings are extensively researched and precisely what would have been available to the pilots flying the missions, in some cases word for word. They are usually about 15 pages long with 15-20 images to go along with the text. DCS just isn't capable of presenting that much information in an organized format yet.

There was some limited text and a few images included before but they were removed earlier in the year when the briefings were revised. You definitely want to use the pdf versions.

If you need another reference in flight, custom kneeboard pages are available for each mission that show an overview of the mission and target photos where applicable. These can be accessed by using keyboard RShft-K and scrolling to the different pages using the [ and ] key. Be sure to scroll past the auto-generated pages that are built into DCS to reach the custom pages.

Hi, thanks for asking but this is normal. The briefings are in pdf format and located at Mods\campaigns\Spitfire IX Epsom\Doc in your DCS: World installation folder. The briefings are extensively researched and precisely what would have been available to the pilots flying the missions, in some cases word for word. They are usually about 15 pages long with 15-20 images to go along with the text. DCS just isn't capable of presenting that much information in an organized format yet.

Ok but I liked the limited mission text and the pictures in the game. Now you have to go out of the game and read the pdf files every time you start a new mission, thats cumbersome!

-royphsle

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes, but again, it is not possible to place that much information and that many images into the DCS briefing screen in an acceptable format. You would not be getting all the information you need.

I will do all I can to help but let me be sure I understand your concerns. The problem is that it is cumbersome to navigate to the files before each mission? I can try to work with the developers on a solution to that.

Edited by Bunyap

Ok but I liked the limited mission text and the pictures in the game. Now you have to go out of the game and read the pdf files every time you start a new mission, thats cumbersome!

I use a second monitor for PDF's, some use a tablet to put the PDF's on.

Or you can Alt tab out as seen here.

Bunyap! Miss your tutorials man!

Me too!

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I use a second monitor for PDF's, some use a tablet to put the PDF's on. Or you can Alt tab out as seen here.

Thanks for the tips, that helps:), but you still have to open the pdf files before you enter the game if you use Alt+tab. Thats not a very good solution!

-royphsle

...I will do all I can to help but let me be sure I understand your concerns. The problem is that it is cumbersome to navigate to the files before each mission? I can try to work with the developers on a solution to that.

Thats good to hear, maybe a direct link to each pdf mission files you can enter in the game!

-royphsle