[FIXED]IA not firing in MP -norender servers

• ED Team

ED will post in the change log when this is fixed, unfortunately this is a complicated issue to resolve.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
any one check to see if this is fixed yet?

Not yet tested on today build, we have a mission in progress right now so I can't test it, i'll do it tomorrow ;)

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

In case this helps the engineers at ED, we run a dedicated server using the Dedicated Server software provided by ED. The software is running on a Dell PowerEdge R710 on ESXi 6.5 as a virtual machine.

I was unable to replicate the issue with non-aggressive AIs in some brief tests, in each test (Client F-14B (radar on) vs High AI MiG-29, Client F-5 (radar off) vs High AI MiG-21bis) the AI was aggressive towards the player immediately at a spawn range of ~10 miles with no aggressive actions from the player (F-14B had the MiG-29A on TWS, tried with a plane with radar off to confirm if it was viewing radar as aggression).

The server does not have a dedicated GPU; HOWEVER, as a virtual machine the EXSi host "tells" the virtual machine (our server, running on Windows 10 Enterprise x64) that it has a GPU but a very weak one (4MB VRAM).

Hope that helps the ED engineering team.

far as i can tell it's hit and miss on if the AI will fire be it air, sea or ground you've AI at times seemingly oblivious to everything at other times they launch some times they don't. even if set to weapons free and red and excellent skill level, Heat based missiles never launch, turning no render off doesn't seem to change anything except make it use more memory.

the 'worst' thing though for mission/server hosts etc is you end up with people complaining to you about it rather then coming here and asking/posting about it, we can't do anything about it beyond making missions as we always have and hoping they actually work.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

far as i can tell it's hit and miss on if the AI will fire be it air, sea or ground you've AI at times seemingly oblivious to everything at other times they launch some times they don't. even if set to weapons free and red and excellent skill level, Heat based missiles never launch, turning no render off doesn't seem to change anything except make it use more memory.

the 'worst' thing though for mission/server hosts etc is you end up with people complaining to you about it rather then coming here and asking/posting about it, we can't do anything about it beyond making missions as we always have and hoping they actually work.

+1 :thumbup:

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

With the Warbirds of Prey WWII mission on the Normandy map utilizing WWII assets, there is a definite difference when using the --norender option. AI patrols and ground AAA will not engage with the --norender option. Remove the option and the AI engages as one would expect.

• ED Team

We are testing a possible fix, hopefully it will not be to long before we see this in public.

When we have more news we will pass it on.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

With the Warbirds of Prey WWII mission on the Normandy map utilizing WWII assets, there is a definite difference when using the --norender option. AI patrols and ground AAA will not engage with the --norender option. Remove the option and the AI engages as one would expect.

--norender you can remove it if the server has a VGA, but the problem here is for servers running DCS dedicated servers that do not have a dedicated VGA, as in my group, so we are forced to not be able to use the server for our activities.

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Not on my server they aren't, I tried killing --norender and just running --server and again radar based AI seem to work but I never see an SA9 fire, etc.

@Bignewy: Glad to hear, looking forward to it.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

We are testing a possible fix, hopefully it will not be to long before we see this in public.

When we have more news we will pass it on.

thanks

Thanks for this news, finger crossed for the possibile fix! keep us updated and let us know if you need helps with test or other things.

Today we flew another Helo mission and we're still suffering of IA not firing :-(

Version: OB 2.5.5.34864 ( All Clients and server on the same exact build )

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm and validate the FIX, is now finally working on OpenBeta 2.5.5.35461

Loaded the same exact .miz file from my report, and now works fine.

Thanks ED, now is time to take a look into multiplayer runway lights!

Not all.

WII asset FLAK not work or behave very strange. compare with normal 3D rendering

Completely no reaction all the time.

or delay reaction for 2~6mins

need more testing on WWII asset

Some units only take reaction AFTER taking damage.

Edited by Insonia

• ED Team
Not all.

WII asset FLAK not work or behave very strange. compare with normal 3D rendering

Completely no reaction or delay reaction for 2~6mins

can you post your mission or a short track.

When I tested FLAK it was working for me

can you post your mission or a short track.

When I tested FLAK it was working for me

it seems i figure it out. maybe not the same issue.

i mistakenly took client track compare with server tracks:music_whistling:

more like desync between server/client .

rewatch tracks from both side. somehow there is no action on client side or lots delay.

server events look legit. client looks bad most of times.

My tracks are mess i only pick the recently 2 test run.

Im not very sure if it belone this issue or not. help me figure it out:music_whistling:

Multiplayer.zip

Edited by Insonia

This appears to be half fixed. Ai aircraft will not engage until they are hit. If you attack head on or from the side they just fly along in a straight line until they are hit.

Ground convoys will scatter but do not fire at all.

This is not how they were before it was broken.

This is on the Digital Theme Park server

• ED Team
This appears to be half fixed. Ai aircraft will not engage until they are hit. If you attack head on or from the side they just fly along in a straight line until they are hit.

Ground convoys will scatter but do not fire at all.

This is not how they were before it was broken.

This is on the Digital Theme Park server

Ensure the server has been updated, and it will be worth re-saving any mission you have in the current editor.

Then test and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

The server was updated today before I went on.

Took the .trk file from today and changed it to a .miz file and flew it offline and it works as it should. Both the Ai planes engage and the convoys started shooting when I got in range.

None of this happened while trying to play online. Online the Ai planes did nothing until you hit them and then it was with a delay and the convoys did nothing but scatter.

I have experienced the same issue today in SP. This is NOT only effecting MP. Flight of allied B-17s

bf 109 literally flew right past them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Is this still an on-going issue?

Running servers with the --norender turned off, is putting strain on the servers

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

I believe this was fixed in last weeks open beta.

EDIT: Yes, checked the change log again, "Dedicated Server. Issues with -norender and AI not attacking now fixed."

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick