Hawker Sea Fury

MobiSev

The ground textures in the screenshot look good is there a mod to make them like that?

No Mod, thats the Normandy terrain :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I already have it but does not look as good as on the above image! Colors seem more realistic..

Probably the time of day, as I have no terrain mods and I don’t use reshade tools .. I don’t know why it isn't used more, I fly the ww2 planes there mostly because they seem so out of place on the modern airbases of the other Maps.

Here are some other screenshots of an I-16 mission I’m trying to edit:

3dI97Ut.jpg

SkbvkOu.jpg

gBYd01J.jpg

Thanks to Hawkeye60 for repairing these Mods :D

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 years later...
On 7/4/2019 at 5:15 AM, Emmy said:

The reigning Reno Unlimited Champ is a Sea Fury.

Where are you getting that info? Voodoo has been crushing it since I went in 2015 and saw Strega take the Unlim Gold, Rare Bear #2. Strega won in 2017, Voodoo the next three years. I understand that Dreadnaught won the next three, but Voodoo has not competed. You are technically correct, although I would say three championships is hardly reigning (Strega and Rare Bear each have won twice that many), however I want you to remember the next time you say that a Sea Fury is the champ that Voodoo averages about 60kts faster per lap x 6 laps......quite a disparaging difference. 

When I went in 2015 the Sea Fury airplanes in the fireld WERE impressive, it was incredible to see how a late war design could crush a stock Mustang, but it is not a plane that can beat an unlimited top dog. Sorry. 

Isn't the F8F Bearcat being built by someone?............ it never saw action either, I would absolutely love to see someone, anyone build a F7F Tigercat. We could use all of these in Korean era missions, along with the A-26 Invader. Meteor, Mk.22 SeaFire, F9F Panther, A1-D Skyraider, F4U-4... I would buy all of those without hesitation. I mean, there is the I-16 in game now, and no other planes to match it with, so most arguments are moot....... :poster_oops2:

:drinks_cheers:

Edited by 352nd_Hoss

Sempre Fortis

• 3 weeks later...

A Sea Fury would be great - as well as an Illustrious carrier (suitable home for Corsairs, might as well add a Seafire😉)

Regarding Typhoons, Tempests and Furies…

There were two distinct Tempests…

I believe that the most commonly used WW2 Tempest was the Napier Sabre engined Tempest Mk. V.  This Tempest is the one that resembles the Typhoon - H24 cyl Sabre engine, distinctive chin radiator

Like the Sea Fury, the Tempest II didn’t see WW2 service - both are closely related with the powerful Bristol Centaurus engine