Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS stick just went dark...

ENO

Tried different usb on same and different computers- another guy mentioned a situation where the firmware can be corrupted and a method to force an update so I’m going to try that.
1+ I Hope it Will works!

Odesláno z mého Mi A1 pomocí Tapatalk

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

I guess this is the better place for this thread- whoops.

I tried the process recommended but it didn’t result in any changes. I did get a reply to my support ticket and they recommended the same process but also to have the firmware updater running- which wasn’t in the directions I saw. So I tried that on multiple computers and ports but to no avail. They’ve asked for some photos, the receipt from purchase, serial number etc so I’ve forwarded them that and await a reply.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I guess this is the better place for this thread- whoops.

I tried the process recommended but it didn’t result in any changes. I did get a reply to my support ticket and they recommended the same process but also to have the firmware updater running- which wasn’t in the directions I saw. So I tried that on multiple computers and ports but to no avail. They’ve asked for some photos, the receipt from purchase, serial number etc so I’ve forwarded them that and await a reply.

+1

Odesláno z mého Mi A1 pomocí Tapatalk

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

The stick went dark? Not sure what you mean by this. Not the throttle?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Hi ENO,

My TM went also dark. My problem was some cabel brocken at the connector between the base of the stick and the stick himself. Try to check the cable connector in the stick.

Good luck

Rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Hi ENO,

My TM went also dark. My problem was some cabel brocken at the connector between the base of the stick and the stick himself. Try to check the cable connector in the stick.

Good luck

Rem27

I took it apart and it looks okay- my suspicion is it’s compromised somewhere in the middle of the cable. Did they provide you with good support?

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

I took it apart and it looks okay- my suspicion is it’s compromised somewhere in the middle of the chord. Did they provide you with good support?

I did it myself didn’t ask help to Thrustmaster, just do some soldering of Brocken soldering pins. Never lift the joystick from the stick itself but from the base.

If you need help I can guide you with good pictures if you want.

Regards

Rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

I did it myself didn’t ask help to Thrustmaster, just do some soldering of Brocken soldering pins. Never lift the joystick from the stick itself but from the base.

If you need help I can guide you with good pictures if you want.

Regards

Rem27

Cable parts and fittings are available from TM including soldering pics if you are not successful in repairing it. I just ordered a set delivered via regular mail. Should be here this week.

Best of luck in repairing.

Cable parts and fittings are available from TM including soldering pics if you are not successful in repairing it. I just ordered a set delivered via regular mail. Should be here this week.

Best of luck in repairing.

Thanks yeah they're saying it's likely a board problem so the replacement is X amount of $ and they can ship it out. They say it comes with instructions et al so I guess I'll see. I've asked for expedited shipping since I don't want to be out of the saddle all month.

"ENO"

Thanks yeah they're saying it's likely a board problem so the replacement is X amount of $ and they can ship it out. They say it comes with instructions et al so I guess I'll see. I've asked for expedited shipping since I don't want to be out of the saddle all month.

Bummer on the board.

But . . . . on the brght side, you get to clean up the gimbals, do some sanding, ream ou the holes a bit with a one quart inch drill (by hand) and re-grease.

FYI: This is the best Vid I've seen on refitting a WH Joystick.

Cheers,

A quick update on this.

They figure it was the main PCB that failed... or perhaps it was just the USB cord that comes connected to the replacement PCB. They sent me the part and it arrived in good order but without instructions.

The instructions were forwarded later on request by email but were just arrows pointing to things that needed to be done and a list of tools needed (phillips head screwdriver and a soldering pen / iron).

The video you posted shows everything except what I need to do with the ground wire- which is basically solder it into place.

I'm going to be doing that shortly so wish me luck.

"ENO"

2mhsm1d.png

I can't believe how relieved I am to see this again, finally.

The switch out process was very easy and I thought there would be much more to it. If anyone has a similar problem and is concerned about the process just reach out to me and I'll walk you through it.

"ENO"