Which Tornado do you want?

CyMPAK

8 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Why not? :huh:

I do see the point your making in the posts above and it’s certainly not completely impossible that a Heatblur Tornado might happen at some point.

I just think it is unlikely for Heatblur to develop another Tornado version, after AviaStorm successfully released their 1989 Tornado. Even if it would be a later or ADV or ECR etc. version. Kinda like Razbam developing an F-14D. Would be weird somehow (to me at least).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know much about AviaStorm? I have longed for a Tornado like many. And I can’t deny being a little disappointed it isn’t Heatblur bringing one to us. I’ve tried to get excited about the AviaStorm announcement but can’t help but be a little apprehensive as to whether this module will see the light of day. I don’t know why we can’t start any discussions on the AviaStorm section on this forum. 

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

vor 7 Minuten schrieb westr:

Does anyone know much about AviaStorm? I have longed for a Tornado like many. And I can’t deny being a little disappointed it isn’t Heatblur bringing one to us. I’ve tried to get excited about the AviaStorm announcement but can’t help but be a little apprehensive as to whether this module will see the light of day. I don’t know why we can’t start any discussions on the AviaStorm section on this forum. 

This is a statement from a developer in the German forum when I asked for some details about AviaStorm:
"...Das Team besteht aktuell aus 16 Mann, "online" SME inkludiert. Der Lead Developer entwickelt seit den 80ern, hat damals am F2 Tornado für die RAF mitgearbeitet, am Hawk Trainer für die Schweizer Luftwaffe und an vielen anderen kommerziellen Projekten in der Flugsimulation. Denke ich darf auch sagen, das TheFragger als "Consultant" mit an Bord ist und uns mit seiner DCS und 3D Erfahrung natürlich gut unterstützt. Der Rest, also alles ein bisschen ausführlicher kommt zu gegebener Zeit... "

English translation: 

The team currently consists of 16 people, including "online" SME. The lead developer has been developing since the 80s, working on the F2 Tornado for the RAF, the Hawk Trainer for the Swiss Air Force and many other commercial flight simulation projects. I think I can also say that TheFragger is on board as a "consultant" and supports us well with his DCS and 3D experience. The rest, i.e. everything in a bit more detail, will come in due course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 4:43 PM, westr said:

It's not up to us to unlock the topic afaik. I can try and investigate, I did not ask why it's still locked.
But the others are as well (C-130, Kfir,...)

Our midset simply was: if nobody else is going to do it, we are doing it ourselfs.
According to our info, there were no plans from HB so far.
ED gave the go ahead for the project, so there was no one else blocking it.
Also we turned out to be lucky and met the right guys at the right time.

Besides, I think HB has their plan full. By being in such a project now, I can see the sheer size.
I don't know how many people they have, but just seeing how many modules were released so far, as a reference...

They have the F-4E (and other variants), the Typhoon, plans for the A-6E.
I think that's something like 5+ years, if F-4 and Typhoon are ready next year.

• Like 4

Alias in Discord: Mailman

On 11/14/2022 at 8:59 AM, Bananabrai said:

It's not up to us to unlock the topic afaik. I can try and investigate, I did not ask why it's still locked.
But the others are as well (C-130, Kfir,...)

Our midset simply was: if nobody else is going to do it, we are doing it ourselfs.
According to our info, there were no plans from HB so far.
ED gave the go ahead for the project, so there was no one else blocking it.
Also we turned out to be lucky and met the right guys at the right time.

Besides, I think HB has their plan full. By being in such a project now, I can see the sheer size.
I don't know how many people they have, but just seeing how many modules were released so far, as a reference...

They have the F-4E (and other variants), the Typhoon, plans for the A-6E.
I think that's something like 5+ years, if F-4 and Typhoon are ready next year.

Are you a developer for AviaStorm? 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV