Litening II

BioZ

Greetings!

The fact that we haven't received any screenshots of TGP on DDI is pushing thoughts that it's actually so far from being released.

As wags stated they want to flesh it out before releasing it.

Was just wondering if we could get some screenshot of DDI with TGP screen on it :D

Don't think that I am blaming someone, I understand that F/A-18C is very complex and coding isn't easy from any point of view.

I'm guessing they want to surprise us. When he says "flesh out", that potentially means waiting so that it can be released in a more finished state -- functioning A/G and A/A FLIR (obviously), laser target designator/ranger, and laser spot tracker. Although frankly I'm not keeping my hopes up for anything more than the LTD/R and A/G FLIR upon release.

Judging from the mini-update, I reckon the team decided to delay the release to further enhance the TPOD with more functionality for its debut.....or they discovered a problem with it at the last minute and it needs some reworking.

You'll get it when it's ready. Someone starts at thread likes this almost every day and I'm getting sick of it.

This.

Same with the weekly "are we getting an update today?!?!" threads, always posted a few hours before the updates typically come out.

Seriously, just stay calm (those people), you'll know soon.

A lot of immaturity on this forum. Impatience is a prime example especially after having been told why additional testing and time is required.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You'll get it when it's ready. Someone starts at thread likes this almost every day and I'm getting sick of it.

Makes me laugh.

If you are sick of these threads just don't reply here and ignore them, no need to write how sick you are from this.

wasn't the TGP supposed to be implemented following the FLIR engine upgrade?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

According to DCS plans, we used to have TGP in the end of last month, but..it was delayed, as always.

Mate, they start talking about F/A-18C in 2010, we saw screen shot of cockpit and AG radar in 2015 and we get the thing in 2018 strip of almost any advance system. I dont blame them, it just seems like this plane is uber-stupidly-complex

I'm more interested in an ECM pod than a Litening pod. But reality and will are two different things.

The hornet already has built in ECM into the airframe.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It doesn't. It's not modelled and you cannot jam the Hornet right now.

yes the actual aircraft does, I never said otherwise that it is functional in dcs right now

Other than the hornet doesn't need ECM pods, and even so i dont think they are issued them IRL. dont recall any mounted ECM pods as part of the planned features.

Either way with how oversimplified ecm jamming currently is within DCS overall, no i don't feel a functioning Hornet ECM is anywhere near as big a priority as a TGP.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I get no real value out of it. Absolutely nada.

You still wouldn't get much out of it even if was "working"

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Makes me laugh.

If you are sick of these threads just don't reply here and ignore them, no need to write how sick you are from this.

How about creating a thread with a better title instead this click bait title.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

That plan changed around Christmas - they're going to give us the Litening first, then the FLIR revamp and ATFLIR will come later.

IMHO they should set the FLIR first given it is shared among many other aircrafts and helicopters.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

How about creating a thread with a better title instead this click bait title.

This thread is mainly about Litening, so how do you want me to name it? "Litening II this is clickbait" or "Wags I have a question about Litening II" ?

Sorry I just don't see any issues with it.

This thread is mainly about Litening, so how do you want me to name it? "Litening II this is clickbait" or "Wags I have a question about Litening II" ?

Sorry I just don't see any issues with it.

BioZ.Maybe start reading Mini-Updates.:book:

yes the actual aircraft does, I never said otherwise that it is functional in dcs right now

Other than the hornet doesn't need ECM pods, and even so i dont think they are issued them IRL. dont recall any mounted ECM pods as part of the planned features.

Either way with how oversimplified ecm jamming currently is within DCS overall, no i don't feel a functioning Hornet ECM is anywhere near as big a priority as a TGP.

Got it. No, I agree. The highest priority items for me are the TGP, TWS (no idea how we still dont have TWS radar mode) and the full INS/GPS simulation. Then I'd like to see drag adjustments to various loadouts and the clean configuration. Only THEN should new weapons be added in my opinion.